Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Warns Against Syria Intervention. (Read 277 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Reply #30 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:39am:
The allegedly liberal Brookings Institute just made a case that the US should stay in Syria.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/04/07/how-do-we-prevent-isi...

I looked up the Brookings Institute at Wikipedia and found down the page (emphasis mine):

"Funders
As of 2016 the Brookings Institution had assets of $473.8 million.[102] Its largest contributors include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Hutchins Family Foundation, JPMorgan Chase, the LEGO Foundation, David Rubenstein, State of Qatar, and John L. Thornton.
In 2014, it received $250,000 from the United States Central Command of the United States Department of Defense.[103]"

This is the same Central Command that continued to aid and abet the Egyptian military as it overthrew the democratically-elected parliament and President. How much money do you suppose it gave to the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity?

The fact is, Obama set the stage for peace and created a situation which made it 'almost' impossible for the US to continue it's PNAC agenda for the conquest of Syria.

I shouldn't have to explain how he made that happen; it's all recorded history. Now the situation has become exceedingly risky for the US is it intends to bomb Syria again. At the very least the Russians will shoot down over half of the Cruise missiles the US launches at Syria. And nobody knows what the 'most response' could be.

It's likely that the most dangerous thing that could happen for the establishment is for the people on the left as well as the right could come together against more aggression.

Pollitical differences were laid aside to stop the Vietnam war. It's likely that situation will have to be built up again. With Trump standing outside the mainstream right and left, the opportunity could be ripe.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:54am:
It's likely that the most dangerous thing that could happen for the establishment is for the people on the left as well as the right could come together against more aggression.

Yes, but the problem seems to be that only a few people on the right like Ron Paul and only a few people on the left like Dennis Kucinich favor less aggression.

The rest, including the Brookings Institute, are coming together for MORE aggression.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:05pm:
Yes, but the problem seems to be that only a few people on the right like Ron Paul and only a few people on the left like Dennis Kucinich favor less aggression.

The rest, including the Brookings Institute, are coming together for MORE aggression.

It can happen and did happen during the Vietnam war. The establishment must see Tucker Carlson's demonstration as very dangerous. And I think that finally Raimondo has come to his senses on Trump. If you read the comments on the article I posted on his possible move toward suicide you'll see their solidarity.

Especially noteworthy is the lack of left/right bashing going on with the comments, although there is still some.

I wonder if it's possible to get over that hurdle here on this board?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:16pm:
It can happen and did happen during the Vietnam war. The establishment must see Tucker Carlson's demonstration as very dangerous. And I think that finally Raimondo has come to his senses on Trump. If you read the comments on the article I posted on his possible move toward suicide you'll see their solidarity.

Especially noteworthy is the lack of left/right bashing going on with the comments, although there is still some.

I wonder if it's possible to get over that hurdle here on this board?

I'm as puzzled as SkyChief was about your Raimondo suicide comment.  Are you using it figuratively?  Clue me in here.

I don't watch any TV news.  The name Tucker Carlson is familiar, but that's about it.  I'll try to see what his "demonstratioin" was about.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
I'm as puzzled as SkyChief was about your Raimondo suicide comment.  Are you using it figuratively?  Clue me in here.

I don't watch any TV news.  The name Tucker Carlson is familiar, but that's about it.  I'll try to see what his "demonstratioin" was about.

Are you aware of Raimondo's Cancer treatments? We haven't been updated for quite some time on the progress and that's suspicious.

If you read his article I think you will find his remarks quite disjointed.

It's only a hunch and probably will turn out to be wrong. It's just that it's hard to read Raimondo's personality. Not much of a personality in my opinion and that's judging by his flightiness on repeatedly flipflopping on Trump.

If Trump refrains from taking military action against Syria, he'll do it again, even though he's made it into being non-reversible this time.

Tucker Carlson of Fox News has slowly gained a reputation for being much more accurate then his peers at Fox. We'll see if Fox views him as a loose cannon and eliminates him? There's another male loose cannon there at Fox but I don't recall his name right now. Maybe somebody else does?

Sadly, MSNBC has completely bought into the pro-war rhetoric. I think that Maddow is showing signs of being a professional propagandist that exceeds what an announcer should be promoting. I get the feeling that she's Joseph Goebbels' counterpart. Others there still show some reservations, although only faint hints.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
Are you aware of Raimondo's Cancer treatments? We haven't been updated for quite some time on the progress and that's suspicious.

If you read his article I think you will find his remarks quite disjointed.

It's only a hunch and probably will turn out to be wrong. It's just that it's hard to read Raimondo's personality. Not much of a personality in my opinion and that's judging by his flightiness on repeatedly flipflopping on Trump.

If Trump refrains from taking military action against Syria, he'll do it again, even though he's made it into being non-reversible this time.

Sadly, MSNBC has completely bought into the pro-war rhetoric. I think that Maddow is showing signs of being a professional propagandist that exceeds what an announcer should be promoting. I get the feeling that she's Joseph Goebbels' counterpart. Others there still show some reservations, although only faint hints.

No, I wasn't aware of Raimondo's cancer.  What's the story?

I think that I can understand and identify with Raimondo's attitude toward Trump, that he's just been hoping and praying that Trump is actually a fair-minded person who is anti-war, and not a total flake.

Unfortunately, I'm agreeing with you more and more that he actually is a total flake, and now he's in the hands of Bolton and the Deep State to boot.

And I agree completely about Maddow.  Although I don't see her on TV news, I've seen a bunch of clips of her shows run by JO 753 over at Skeptic.com

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:54am:
The fact is, Obama set the stage for peace...
Then what happened?

Anyway, I can see how Obama had to create a lot of peaceful stage settings, seeing as he got the Peace Prize before he did anything other than getting elected.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:05pm:

Yep. That's why liberal minded people, whether they call themselves "left" or "right" or "libertarians" must come together to oppose them. (NAP disclaimer- It's opposition in self defense. Opposition in self defense is within the NAP).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Warns Against Syria Intervention.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy