Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tucker Carlson Slams US Foreign Policy-
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tucker Carlson Slams US Foreign Policy- (Read 56 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Tucker Carlson Slams US Foreign Policy-
Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Over the allegations that Assad is responsible for a gas attack.

https://www.rt.com/usa/423707-tucker-carlson-monologue-syria/

We can at least hope that he has enough people watching him that this could be a breakthrough! Unfortunately, we know that if proof is needed then the US will manufacture some proof.

Investigators will be sent to Syria who have been schooled to say the right thing. That is, if it becomes necessary and it likely won't. The lies have likely already been accepted by enough people to give Trump the go-ahead to bomb Syria some more.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Tucker Carlson Slams US Foreign Policy-
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Tucker Carlson proposes a new Amendment to the Constitution:

the "Lindsay Graham" Amendment

"Congress shall topple NO government until it finishes rebuilding the last government it toppled. Furthermore, "talkshow" generals shall be required to personally visit the battlefield of every War they advocate."

I think it's a wonderful Amendment.  Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:02pm:

"Congress shall topple NO government until it finishes rebuilding the last government it toppled. Furthermore, "talkshow" generals shall be required to personally visit the battlefield of every War they advocate."

Any bets on it's success? I don't have the slightest idea but I do know that it would be groundbreaking!

My only hunch on it failing is in the fact that Graham is good at playing politics that save his own hide. He's betting on the people being on his side against taking military action in Syria.

There's likely no danger attached to him losing his bet.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
Any bets on it's success? I don't have the slightest idea but I do know that it would be groundbreaking!

I'm sure that Carlson intended his proposed "Lindsay Graham" Amendment as satire, so I would give it a solid 0.0% chance of being passed.

Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
My only hunch on it failing is in the fact that Graham is good at playing politics that save his own hide. He's betting on the people being on his side against taking military action in Syria.

Graham never saw a war he didn't like.  He would definitely like the US to get into another 14-year war in Syria.  His crony friends in the MIC are counting on him and McCain to keep our military engaged in foreign civil wars permanently.

"We need to accept the possibility that we'll [the US] be in this for the long-haul"

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:39am:
Over the allegations that Assad is responsible for a gas attack.

https://www.rt.com/usa/423707-tucker-carlson-monologue-syria/

We can at least hope that he has enough people watching him that this could be a breakthrough! Unfortunately, we know that if proof is needed then the US will manufacture some proof.

Investigators will be sent to Syria who have been schooled to say the right thing. That is, if it becomes necessary and it likely won't. The lies have likely already been accepted by enough people to give Trump the go-ahead to bomb Syria some more.

I just watched this Tucker Carlson link and now know who he is, and agree with him completely.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 2:02pm:

I love it.

Lots of Generals on both sides were killed during the War to End Slavery in America...

I don't think many have even been close to the danger of the wars they direct since then. (Oversee is a better term. The politicians have been directing wars since WWI.)

Generals are too valuable now that we have 600 of them. (Disclosure- That's just an estimate.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Tucker Carlson Slams US Foreign Policy-
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy