Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › am i still interventionist if i belive in defensive wars
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) am i still interventionist if i belive in defensive wars (Read 166 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

am i still interventionist if i belive in defensive wars
Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
i belive that if we are attacked we shoud go to war the best exsample whould be when we found out kadofie funded and then sheldered  the attackers  that blow up the plain over lockerbee scotland that killed us citizens or when isis killed us citizens we should have gone to war the first time it happened meaning any farjion entaty that attacks us citizens it enuff to go to war but outher wize we should take a defense only approach

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: am i still interventionist if i belive in defensive wars
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
The Lockerbie Scotland bombing was a terrorist attack. The US was not attacked by another country.  War would not be an apropriate response.

Yes, Gaddafi harbored and funded terrorists. Libya did not attacked the US.   Again, War would not have been an apropriate response to Gaddafi's mischief.

War is only warranted when a foreign country attacks the US.  If you use terrorist actions as an excuse to wage war, then yes, you are an interventionst.

The War Powers Act was passed  [in 1973] to give power to Congress to limit an over-zealous President's use of military forces.

It was first invoked in 1983 when Reagan asked Congress to authorize the deployment of American Marines in the Beirut area for an additional 18 months.  They did.

If the War Powers Act had existed in 1963, the US never would have been involved in the Viet Nam debacle. Tens of thousands of US servicemen would be alive today.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
The Lockerbie Scotland bombing was a terrorist attack. The US was not attacked by another country.  War would not be an apropriate response.

Yes, Gaddafi harbored and funded terrorists. Libya did not attacked the US.   Again, War would not have been an apropriate response to Gaddafi's mischief.

War is only warranted when a foreign country attacks the US.  If you use terrorist actions as an excuse to wage war, then yes, you are an interventionst.

The War Powers Act was passed  [in 1973] to give power to Congress to limit an over-zealous President's use of military forces.

It was first invoked in 1983 when Reagan asked Congress to authorize the deployment of American Marines in the Beirut area for an additional 18 months.  They did.

If the War Powers Act had existed in 1963, the US never would have been involved in the Viet Nam debacle. Tens of thousands of US servicemen would be alive today.

i consider any fagion nation orgizon with teritory to be a government uisis beimng one so if the cia gets cought doing a black op in a nother countrey thay country has the right to declare war remember thew us had declared war on a group in the 1800s there is perisendent

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 7:42pm:

vetnam was baced off a flsce flage actack it was made up aND THE PEOPLE TJHAT MADE IT  should get the death penalty i was not talking abought falus flags but like when bush found out it was the Taliban that actcked the uss cole thay atack us we actack back simple

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:45pm:
vetnam was baced off a flsce flage actack it was made up aND THE PEOPLE TJHAT MADE IT  should get the death penalty i was not talking abought falus flags but like when bush found out it was the Taliban that actcked the uss cole thay atack us we actack back simple

Again, a terrorist attack is not a valid excuse to wage war on an entire country.  Terrorists are not acting on behalf of any sovereign country. They are acting on behalf of their God and are motivated by religious zealotry.

The war mongers claim that the US is not at war with Islam.

BULL.  SHIT.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:57pm:
Again, a terrorist attack is not a valid excuse to wage war on an entire country.  Terrorists are not acting on behalf of any sovereign country. They are acting on behalf of their God and are motivated by religious zealotry.

BULL.  SHIT.

every organstion that holds terory is a government

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:57pm:

BULL.  SHIT.

i am at war with chistanly asnd islamb or any other missionary belive system the usa is not at war with islamb the usa is at war with organations that hold terortty that cant just keep to them self afganistan for the talban and isis for what thay held is sera and irack government are theriests so a therist org truned government is not that far fatched

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Interventionist, no. Wars are aggression, however, and no absolutely pure libertarian ever advocates any war.

The problem is that even if you just shoot at enemy soldiers, those enemy soldiers have not all personally killed anyone yet. If you shoot them, you are guilty of aggression. More than that, if you think those enemy soldiers are aggressing, they are owed a trial in a private court. Each and every one. And in no case can they be punished with death or imprisonment. The preferred punishment is restitution. If they don't have anything, you can't punish them at all.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:08pm:
Interventionist, no. Wars are aggression, however, and no absolutely pure libertarian ever advocates any war.

The problem is that even if you just shoot at enemy soldiers, those enemy soldiers have not all personally killed anyone yet. If you shoot them, you are guilty of aggression. More than that, if you think those enemy soldiers are aggressing, they are owed a trial in a private court. Each and every one. And in no case can they be punished with death or imprisonment. The preferred punishment is restitution. If they don't have anything, you can't punish them at all.

thay have bowed to the will of an org that actcked u so thay have done some thing and thay contunce to fight for the org that actack u and a parent rasing a child is agresstion and we obusly ion tupet the nap drifrtly i think of it as a green light to kill any one that messes with ur person or pertoty and and the defece is 10 times harder then there offence that what the nap mean to me u leve us alone or we kill every one in the org that acacked us unless thay sureder or defect

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 10:37pm:
thay have bowed to the will of an org that actcked u so thay have done some thing and thay contunce to fight for the org that actack u

Doesn't matter. If they did not personally aggress, you cannot hurt them without violating their rights.

Everything that is not aggression is their right to do.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › am i still interventionist if i belive in defensive wars
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy