Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Something That Has Escaped Notice?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Something That Has Escaped Notice? (Read 298 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Something That Has Escaped Notice?
Apr 11th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/uk/423841-trump-syria-missile-galloway/

That being, besides Russia's announcement that missiles will be shot down, Russia also stated that launch sites will be destroyed.

Almost certainly has escaped notice by the American people as the news has pretty much avoided getting into the topic.

Stormy Daniels and Zuckerberg have cornered the MSM.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Something That Has Escaped Notice?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  

I noticed it, but the Russians have stated a number of times that attacks on Syrian bases bases and troops wouldn't be tolerated and yet the US and Israel continue to attack them. 

So, the reaction is "Ho, hum."  Maybe the Russians think that the US and Israel are just itching to escalate things.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
I noticed it, but the Russians have stated a number of times that attacks on Syrian bases bases and troops wouldn't be tolerated and yet the US and Israel continue to attack them.

Has there been US and Israeli attacks on Syrian military bases and Syrian troops? Or have Israelis attacks contained an element of denial?

I'm really not sure and therefore not sure if this warning amounts to a different thing. 

Quote:
So, the reaction is "Ho, hum."  Maybe the Russians think that the US and Israel are just itching to escalate things.

I can't make sense of that statement. What is the relevance to what the Russians are thinking?

Fwiw, I would say that the US is currently testing the water to see how much it can get away with. We can only hope that it doesn't become enough to provoke Russia to take any serious action.

Serious action seems to be what Russia is suggesting but I'm sure they have weighed the US response, depending on the action Russia and/or China takes.

I'm always looking at this thing as the end result of an escalation between Russia/China and the US. Neither side will ever accept defeat, we can bank on that!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 1:30pm:

That being, besides Russia's announcement that missiles will be shot down, Russia also stated that launch sites will be destroyed.

Almost certainly has escaped notice by the American people as the news has pretty much avoided getting into the topic.

Stormy Daniels and Zuckerberg have cornered the MSM.
It was headlined on Drudge.

Most people probably skipped reading it in accordance with the proven mental game of rational ignorance.

Rational Americans stopped giving credence to anything Russian governments say since 1789 I think. Maybe earlier.

And rational people never believed The Donald.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 1:30pm:

I happened to think, the launch sites will be mobile and stealthy, standoff systems.

Do you think Russia was really threatening to try to sink one of our aircraft carriers or something comparable?

You think that is a credible threat?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
I can't make sense of that statement. What is the relevance to what the Russians are thinking?

The Russians may be thinking that Netanyahu and Bolton might be delighted to be able to use any excuse remotely plausible to unleash all the firepower that they possess.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 10:08pm:
The Russians may be thinking that Netanyahu and Bolton might be delighted to be able to use any excuse remotely plausible to unleash all the firepower that they possess.

I would say definitely not Tom, even though that comes off as tongue in cheek. I'll assume you're serious.

The US attack on Syria will definitely be very measured and cautious, if at all. (doing nothing is starting to become a possibility now) The object of the game is to have Russia accept it. If Russia doesn't accept it then they will almost certainly follow through with their threat to destroy the missile launching platforms.

Then the US would be literally compelled to retaliate in kind or even more vigourously by sinking some Russian ships.

Then it escalates and that means it becomes nuclear war.

Neither side is going to be interested in getting to that. There has to be some facesaving leeway for both sides to de-esculate

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 11th, 2018 at 11:10pm:
I would say definitely not Tom, even though that comes off as tongue in cheek. I'll assume you're serious.

I'm serious, Don, and think that John Bolton and Benjamin Netanyahu are criminally insane, but I hope that you are right.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Apr 12th, 2018 at 3:30am:
I'm serious, Don, and think that John Bolton and Benjamin Netanyahu are criminally insane, but I hope that you are right.

Just to make everything more uncertain-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6024670/theresa-may-is-warned-not-to-launch-strike...

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
We have two major world leaders, John Bolton who thinks that Americans are God's Chosen People, and Benjamin Netanyahu, who think that the Israelis are God's chosen People, who are as criminally insane as the leader who once preached that the Germans were The Master Race.

And now Donald Trump and Theresa May are two of their useful idiots.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Something That Has Escaped Notice?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy