Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Diamond and Silk were to be Murdered by Black Lives Matter . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic If Diamond and Silk were to be Murdered by Black Lives Matter . . . (Read 225 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

If Diamond and Silk were to be Murdered by Black Lives Matter . . .
Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
. . . would that prove that Facebook was right about them being unsafe for the community?

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If Diamond and Silk were to be Murdered by Black Lives Matter . . .
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Apr 13th, 2018 at 9:29pm:
. . . would that prove that Facebook was right about them being unsafe for the community?

Wow!

I think the theory is that they aren't really Black because their opinions are White, so Black Lives Matter people would be justified in killing them because it would help eliminate White Oppression?

It's tortuous "logic", but what isn't these days?

The important question is, do Diamond and Silk self-identify as Black or White or maybe as Native Americans?

Edit: If I were them, I think I'd feel like an Asian...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:49am
Print Post  
On a very serious level that might be on topic-

http://reason.com/blog/2018/04/16/buzzfeeds-publishing-of-nypd-disciplinar?utm_m...

Add my usual complaints, "progressive" government and a government union...

IP Logged

Drake_Burrwood
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:42am:
. . .

It's tortuous "logic", but what isn't these days?

The important question is, do Diamond and Silk self-identify as Black or White or maybe as Native Americans?

Edit: If I were them, I think I'd feel like an Asian...

Real People are happy to tell others Who these others Really are.

Me.. I self identify as a Dragon.
(Drake) male dragon (Burrwood) of the Woodland Fortress.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Drake_Burrwood wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 9:41pm:

A dragon? You identify as a dragon? A teenage mutant ninja dragon?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 1:55am
Print Post  

I was doing that before it was cool.

The Opposition wrote on Sep 10th, 2016 at 3:11am:
Does a human heart have rights while alone because it has human DNA? Clearly not. So do you have to have a brain then? What about a human brain by itself then, still alive, thinking and functioning? Then what about a human brain in my dragon's body? Who's got the rights if I swap brains with a human? Me (my brain in a human's body) or the other fellow (human in a dragon's body)?

What about a human brain that's been downloaded perfectly, thought for thought, into a computer and thinks it's still human? No human DNA there. But interestingly enough, if the thought patterns generate rights, an animal who thinks as a human should have them. The fact that I am talking to you now should grant me rights whatever my body looks like. But then you must set standards about thought/consciousness and define some humans out of personhood.

The Opposition wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 10:10pm:
Absolutely punish me for that. Hopefully criminally irresponsible is enough. This is exactly why we have laws about what you can and can't do while you're driving, and I think that's just the bees' knees: You know what's expected of you beforehand.

If I swerved into someone else's car because I hit an ice slick, do you really want me punished then? What if I breathed fire on the ice slick so I wouldn't skid and I burned somebody's face?

"Hello Mr. Dragon. I am freezing to death and my fingers are too cold to keep trying to light this fire."

"Alright. I shall light the fire for you."

"Oh thank you Mr. Dragon! You saved my..."

Fwoomp. A bit of ash gets away and somebody's gas tank goes up in flames. Do you see how I can be at fault for something without being culpable for it? There comes a point when you just can't punish everybody for everything.

The Opposition wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 11:22pm:
Oh, and since you seem to be confused about what I am and what I am not, I won't take a picture because I know you'll send it to the Dragonslayers' Guild straight away, but I found a few examples that look a bit like me, though my species has a beaked snout. It's actually nice, because the little teeth in the front tend to get damaged when you use the tip of your maw to tear off little bits of whatever large animal you're trying to eat.

http://pic.bizhi360.com/bpic/97/3597.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/313/3/4/white_dragon_by_kirill_predator-d...

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/032/6/f/white_dragon_by_anhellica-d38k8ea...

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 8:51am
Print Post  

The Opposition (the one I call the lizard) also self identifies as a Dragon. What a coincidence!

Do dragons get along well together? I think not.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 9:49am:
On a very serious level that might be on topic-

http://reason.com/blog/2018/04/16/buzzfeeds-publishing-of-nypd-disciplinar?utm_m...

Add my usual complaints, "progressive" government and a government union...

Yes Craig, very serious. That's the property of the left and really doesn't have much to do with libertarian. Nothing does really. Anything that is pretended to is impossible fantasies.

This is definitely a leftist priority and would be poison to Trump or the corrupted rightist kind of government that would promote this sort of thing happening to protect police.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes Craig, very serious. That's the property of the left and really doesn't have much to do with libertarian. Nothing does really. Anything that is pretended to is impossible fantasies.

This is definitely a leftist priority and would be poison to Trump or the corrupted rightist kind of government that would promote this sort of thing happening to protect police.

Libertarians in general think government unions are an evil idea, and also think that information such as what sort of things our police have been "disciplined" for and how they have been "disciplined" are rightfully in the realm of public knowledge, that we have a right to know and the people in government have an obligation to tell us.

Its "progressives" that are claiming Sovereign immunity for government and government workers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Diamond and Silk were to be Murdered by Black Lives Matter . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy