Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Comey's Crimes vs. Clinton's Crimes
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Comey's Crimes vs. Clinton's Crimes (Read 92 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Comey's Crimes vs. Clinton's Crimes
Apr 16th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Both involve illegal transfers of classified and sensitive information, lying to investigators about it and lying under oath.

For both of them, the motivation for the lies was self-protection.  But motivations for the inappropriate transfers were different. 

Comey gave documents stolen from the FBI to a law professor who then passed them on the New York Times.  Comey has admitted that he did that so that the public would know about his investigation and would call for a special prosecutor..

Clinton did not put classified documents on her personal server in order that they be leaked.  Quite the contrary.  She wanted to  make sure that they could never be seen by the taxpaying citizens who own them.

Is one better than the other?  From an ethical standpoint, no.  Each did what was in their interests.  If Clinton had reason to leak confidential information, she would not have hesitated.  Nor would Comey have hesitated to hide government records to forward his own ends.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Comey's Crimes vs. Clinton's Crimes
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Both of them should be in prison.  We've come to expect these kinds of shenanigans from a Clinton.  Comey was a real disappointment, though.  Especially to the the people that worked under him.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:47pm:
Both of them should be in prison.  We've come to expect these kinds of shenanigans from a Clinton.  Comey was a real disappointment, though.  Especially to the the people that worked under him.
Trump did promise to drain the swamp...

It's not at all surprising that swamp creatures oppose him, or that they supported Hillary.

She and Slick Willie were raised in the swamps of Arkansas and "Moved On" to deeper and muddier swamps in DC.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 6:52am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:47pm:

I see you've now completely sold out to the Trump spin propaganda.

Of course Comey isn't guilty of any crimes, he was just the good cop trying to do his job.

You are comparing the ex-director of the FBI to Trump?? Now that's making Trump into a silk purse from a sow's ear!

As long as you idiots can keep the fight going between the R's and the D's, the big picture of the US being a mad aggressor can be ignored.

libertarians! Worth fuk all to any cause and totally irrelevant.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 12:02pm:
You are comparing the ex-director of the FBI to Trump??

Please explain how you arrived at this conclusion.  Specifically, what did I say that compares Comey to Trump?

Smiley

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Please explain how you arrived at this conclusion.  Specifically, what did I say that compares Comey to Trump?

Smiley

I have no interest in talking to a fukking child who's so fukked up about politics that you would take libertarian bullshit seriously. Spew your hate to your fellow Americans, you fukking nazi.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
I have no interest in talking to a fukking child who's so fukked up about politics that you would take libertarian bullshit seriously. Spew your hate to your fellow Americans, you fukking nazi.

I'm so pleased that you've reduced yourself to using this kind of vapid, emotional argument, Don_G.

It confirms my assertion that you're irrelevant on this forum.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:28am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 4:17am:
I'm so pleased that you've reduced yourself to using this kind of vapid, emotional argument, Don_G.

It confirms my assertion that you're irrelevant on this forum.

My politics are irrelevant on this batshit crazy forum. That doesn't mean I shouldn't try to show you assholes the way.

Libertarianism of your kind is nothing more than a perverted style of US capitalism. Real libertarianism is in finding 'socially responsible government'.

Why do you idiots support a style of government you all know can never be reality?

Clinton may be guilty of crimes. (minor crimes) but that has nothing to do with Comey.

The released memos show that Comey was an arrow straight cop and he's being demonized by Trump and his corrupt cohorts.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 8:15pm:
Clinton did not put classified documents on her personal server in order that they be leaked.  Quite the contrary.  She wanted to  make sure that they could never be seen by the taxpaying citizens who own them.

Exactly.   Both Comey and Clinton are Swamp Creatures.

Trump promise to drain the swamp.   He started with Hillary.  Sent her into seclusion (sobbing).   He got rid of Comey, too.  A little less Swamp to drain.  But there's still a lot more draining to do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Comey's Crimes vs. Clinton's Crimes
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy