Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is the American Gun Mentality all About? (Read 2766 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Apr 22nd, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Why are so many Americans persistently supporting their 2nd. amendment when the cost in human lives is so great? Why are the minority pushing this situation onto the majority?

There's something much more than a need to hold up their constitutional rights. Solutions can be found to solve the major part of the problem without affecting anybody's rights to own and use guns. Some possible answers:

1. Fear of others with guns?

2. Fear of black people who are physically stronger?

3. Anger against corrupt government?

4. Feelings of inadequacy without a gun close by?

5. Is it a backlash against, or resentment of authority?

Is it a combination of several reasons or is there one main reason why sensible gun laws aren't being accepted? We can at least safely say that it's a minority of the people who are forcing their views on the majority. Even the most adamant gun owners within the NRA are in favour of some change to protect the majority of the people's rights to live in safety. They aren't insane but they understand that the ongoing slaughter of Americans is insane.

What does the small minority within the pro-gun minority think?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
This is a topic that is going to get a lot of attention even though most will resist posting on the thread. This is the pseudo-libertarian's flagship. Their main stand against authority of government.

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is a topic that is going to get a lot of attention even though most will resist posting on the thread. This is the pseudo-libertarian's flagship. Their main stand against authority of government.

i can not talk for every one but the restion i am pro gun is that i belive in the right to self defence and there is allways someone strounger then u and that u need every advace u can get i dont belive in a fair fight in the strees olny in sports

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
thermf5, I want to hear more from you on the gun issue. This is the place to say it. You didn't make your position on guns as clear as I would like.

If you don't want to help me to understand you and your positions then I won't continue to try. It's up to you now.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
thermf5, I want to hear more from you on the gun issue. This is the place to say it. You didn't make your position on guns as clear as I would like.

If you don't want to help me to understand you and your positions then I won't continue to try. It's up to you now.

what i am saying is that in war or a fight there is not fair pay any thing gos when i fight i fight to kill thats y i try to aviod fights i am not trying to kill any one thats y i live in a stand ur ground state lets say ur wale chair bound and come one picks a fight with u u shouyld be able to pill a gun on them and yea i fear most people ingeraLĀ  but that dose not stop me from going out side or takeing care of bizness what i am saying is simple i want a tool to help me win when facewing a stronger apontet

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
For me, I want the same rights as a criminal. If the criminal gets a gun, I want one too. Or at least, the right to get one.

If they would actually enforce, and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, I wouldn't care at all. For me it's about equality and nothing else.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2018 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 9:38pm:
For me, I want the same rights as a criminal. If the criminal gets a gun, I want one too. Or at least, the right to get one.

If they would actually enforce, and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, I wouldn't care at all. For me it's about equality and nothing else.

Now isn't that interesting! You blame the government (authority) for not keeping guns out of the hands of criminals!

Suppose you tell us what government should do about that problem, that it's not doing?

I cautiously trust you are being sincere when you say you just want the same rights as criminals. That's because I believe for now that it's a matter of you fearing criminals will use their guns on or against you.

Thank you for joining the discussion!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Quote:
Now isn't that interesting! You blame the government (authority) for not keeping guns out of the hands of criminals!

Not one bit. Re-read what I said.

Quote:
I cautiously trust you are being sincere when you say you just want the same rights as criminals. That's because I believe for now that it's a matter of you fearing criminals will use their guns on or against you.

No, not really. I just want equality. They could be toasters and I would still want the right to have one if criminals had them and the government didn't bother arresting them for it.

It's not about me dying or not dying.

It's not about me blaming the government. They can give or take the right to guns as they please and I do not care.

I just want equality.

Let me put it to you this way: I would want the exact same right to a gun if I had no hands to use it. Others have them, so I want the same rights they receive.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 6:12am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am:
Let me put it to you this way: I would want the exact same right to a gun if I had no hands to use it. Others have them, so I want the same rights they receive.
Rights aren't "received" lizard.
Something you receive is either a gift or a privilege.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
I think folks ought to be allowed own dangerous tools and toys.  I do not fear my neighbors owning guns, so I think they ought to be legal.

Its also a specifically enumerated right in the constitution and the rule of law is more important that the wims of the the mob people.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy