Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is the American Gun Mentality all About? (Read 1951 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 9:02pm:
what i am saying is that in war or a fight there is not fair pay any thing gos when i fight i fight to kill thats y i try to aviod fights i am not trying to kill any one thats y i live in a stand ur ground state lets say ur wale chair bound and come one picks a fight with u u shouyld be able to pill a gun on them and yea i fear most people ingeraL  but that dose not stop me from going out side or takeing care of bizness what i am saying is simple i want a tool to help me win when facewing a stronger apontet 

Do you think there's even the slightest possibility of somebody trying to kill you while sitting in your wheel chair? There really isn't of course. You see thermf5, that's where your logic breaks down and the pro-gun logic does too. Can you think of it as those kind of people are really only hoping for somebody to try to kill them and so they will arm themselves in their wheel chairs with guns. The drama and pleasure they could get out of winning a gun fight is just too appealing for them.
We can talk a lot more on guns and gun control if you wish but it's not a priority for me when talking to you.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am:
Not one bit. Re-read what I said.

No, not really. I just want equality. They could be toasters and I would still want the right to have one if criminals had them and the government didn't bother arresting them for it.

It's not about me dying or not dying.

It's not about me blaming the government. They can give or take the right to guns as they please and I do not care.

I just want equality.

Let me put it to you this way: I would want the exact same right to a gun if I had no hands to use it. Others have them, so I want the same rights they receive.

I don't find your comments to be applicable to this topic. The reasons why Americans want to own guns isn't because they want to be equal. You disqualified your argument when you said you would still want a gun if you had no hands. I will include your argument on my list if you can restate it to make it applicable.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:28am:
I think folks ought to be allowed own dangerous tools and toys.  I do not fear my neighbors owning guns, so I think they ought to be legal.

Thank you for your comments! You will find that you disagree with Oppo who calls owning a gun, being equal to others. That didn't make sense so I told him to restate his case. What he should have said is that he wants to own a gun because he fears others with guns. While you say you don't fear others with guns. On that we are in agreement. I certainly don't either.

Quote:
Its also a specifically enumerated right in the constitution and the rule of law is more important that the wims of the the mob people.

I don't think that's a 'true' reason why people want to own guns, and that's the question I've asked. It's perhaps a reason why people should be allowed to own guns but not a reason why somebody would go out and buy a gun.

So why would somebody go out and buy a gun?

Let's relate that to your own comments on owning guns. Why would somebody go out and buy a handgun or an AR type weapon?

Answering that would lead to some progress here.

Handguns are almost completely outlawed on the streets in Canada and that works very well. It destroys the argument that good guys need them to protect themselves against bad guys.

And also the argument concerning cops with handguns too.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I think folks ought to be allowed own dangerous tools and toys.  I do not fear my neighbors owning guns, so I think they ought to be legal.

Its also a specifically enumerated right in the constitution and the rule of law is more important that the wims of the the mob people.
You're starting to write like thermie Shocked

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  

Exactly. 

This is a matter of fact. 

Even if the entire country - every man, woman and child - agreed that the right to keep and bear arms should be taken away, they still wouldn't be able do it.

The right to keep and bear arms is a natural right. This right can never be revoked. No matter how many people think they can.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” - Thomas Jefferson

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 5:29pm:
Even if the entire country - every man, woman and child - agreed that the right to keep and bear arms should be taken away, they still wouldn't be able do it.

Sure they would. They wouldn't be able to erase the Right from reality, but they could certainly deny the exercise of the right.

It's been done. Look around.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 6:41pm:
Sure they would. They wouldn't be able to erase the Right from reality, but they could certainly deny the exercise of the right.

It's been done. Look around.

Yes,, certain localities (District of Columbia and New York City)  have effectively revoked  gun rights. I was talking about the federal or state level.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Yes,, certain localities (District of Columbia and New York City)  have effectively revoked  gun rights. I was talking about the federal or state level.

You've raised a good point and that's unusual for you. Although it could just be somebody else's point that you are regurgitating.

Quote:

So true, and not just in the US but in other countries too.

But what's the use of having a gun if you can't show others your gun and brag about how it makes you feel stronger.

The lady in the picture that has the handgun and the Doberman is much more interested in doing that than owning the gund and the dog. There's a good chance she could be a paid model for the gungoon crowd.

Thanks for your contribution asshole!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 7:53pm:
Thanks for your contribution asshole!

You're welcome.   Smiley

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Don, you really think gun laws will keep guns out of the hands of criminals?  They'll get guns anyway, and innocent people won't have guns to protect themselves.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What is the American Gun Mentality all About?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy