Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan (Read 301 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Apr 24th, 2018 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
The whole point of the caravan is that Mexico wishes asylum seekers to avoid stopping in Mexico to ask for asylum.  They want them to get to "El Norte" and ask for asylum.  Instead of fighting that, let's use the momentum to really do some good for all concerned.

How?

Start a shuttle service from our southern  border to our northern border.  Tell the caravanistas that they are not only going to "El Norte," but to "El mas Norte."  No doubt Canada, embarrassed by its history of exclusion of foreigners and its lack of non-white citizens, will be thrilled to accept them all and send for all their primos as well.  Returning buses need not be wasted, either.  Fill them with all those generous Canadians who will want to go to Mexico to learn the language and Culture of the newly diverse Canada.

I, for one, see no downside at all.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
The necks of the Canadians are far too long. They'll see it coming and they'll beep (or honk, whatever) startling the caravans away.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 11:20pm:
The necks of the Canadians are far too long. They'll see it coming and they'll beep (or honk, whatever) startling the caravans away.

I'm afraid the problem may be that the necks of Canadians are too red, as in redneck racists.  I can think of no other reason for their extremist exclusionary policies toward immigrants of colour.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
I'm afraid the problem may be that the necks of Canadians are too red, as in redneck racists.  I can think of no other reason for their extremist exclusionary policies toward immigrants of colour.

So are parrots. They're not going to flock together with doves or cranes.

In-group preference is such a truism that we have the birds of a feather expression.

If people were allowed to discuss things on a rational level, even things some people find distasteful, it would be very obvious what was going on in America.

Intentional plucking.

Followed by intentional roasting.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 2:09pm:

That's a very simpleminded and misleading portrayal of Canadians.

They haven't really had good results with bringing in immigrants and putting them on welfare and having them integrate into society.

Rather than integrate into Canadian society and become Canadians, they have drifted together in enclaves where they preserve their own very foreign cultures.

Canadians are getting tired of subsidizing them, because the immigrants seem to hate Canadians.

The "socially responsible government" of Canada has gone about allowing immigration in entirely the wrong way. They couldn't have possibly done it worse, and now they excoriate their own Citizens for being "racist"! Angry

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
In-group preference is such a truism that we have the birds of a feather expression.

Yes of course, but in a civilized society of intelligent humans, "birds of a feather" might well mean people that like to play chess or have an interest in programing.

Only lizard brained racists think everything has to be about "race".

Edit: I like to play chess, and will even from time to time play a game with a short person, although I usually sit well back from the table and keep my pistol at hand when I do...

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 7:07pm:
That's a very simpleminded and misleading portrayal of Canadians.

They haven't really had good results with bringing in immigrants and putting them on welfare and having them integrate into society.

Rather than integrate into Canadian society and become Canadians, they have drifted together in enclaves where they preserve their own very foreign cultures.

Canadians are getting tired of subsidizing them, because the immigrants seem to hate Canadians.

The "socially responsible government" of Canada has gone about allowing immigration in entirely the wrong way. They couldn't have possibly done it worse, and now they excoriate their own Citizens for being "racist"! Angry

They will like Mexicans, though.  They're so hardworking and all . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:27am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:14am:

The annoying thing about this is that you are working up to starting to address me again. You've been sitting there stewing in your own juices haven't you!

No burnsred, you can't!

Ask Jeff Sickler

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 7:12pm:
Yes of course, but in a civilized society of intelligent humans, "birds of a feather" might well mean people that like to play chess or have an interest in programing.

Only lizard brained racists think everything has to be about "race".

Edit: I like to play chess, and will even from time to time play a game with a short person, although I usually sit well back from the table and keep my pistol at hand when I do...

So it can be similar likes, but not similar culture, otherwise I'm racist scum.

I'm allowed to prefer chess players over non-chess-players, so long as I never exclude people who believe females should wear bags over their heads at all times.

Only in America, folks.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2018 at 8:21am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 26th, 2018 at 11:14am:
Working is key to integrating into a society. Living on welfare is what enables groups of immigrants to remain isolated and preserve their own culture.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy