Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan (Read 297 times)
Billie
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Reply #20 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 9:17am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
I already explained that, but I'll explain it again. Just because a few people claiming to be practicing psychology are not following the scientific method, does not invalidate psychology, properly done, as a science.

That is not an adequate explanation.

The scientifically conducted studies of psychologists produce 'results' that are open to subjective interpretation. In fact they require subjective interpretation.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Apr 30th, 2018 at 9:17am:
That is not an adequate explanation.

The scientifically conducted studies of psychologists produce 'results' that are open to subjective interpretation. In fact they require subjective interpretation.

Wrongo!

The results are interpreted according to the evidence gathered in the studies.   There is subjectivity in the application of the findings to clinical practice just as there is in the equally scientific field of medicine. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 10:45am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Apr 30th, 2018 at 10:15am:
The results are interpreted according to the evidence gathered in the studies.   There is subjectivity in the application of the findings to clinical practice just as there is in the equally scientific field of medicine. 

Please give an example of an objective conclusion derived from the results of of a psychological study. Thanks.

Doctors sometimes interpret test results wrongly, but the test results do relate concretely to some real objective problem, whether it is a disease organism, a parasite, a physical failure, a breakdown in the function of the nervous system, a brain tumor etc.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 1st, 2018 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Now how about you answer my question? You say I'm allowed to preferentially associate with people who have things in common, like playing chess. But if I want to preferentially associate with people who believe females don't have to wear bags over their heads, I'm a racist.

How is that?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The NAFTA Shuttle: Humanitarian Solution to the Caravan
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy