Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should citizens be allowed to sell their citizenship?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should citizens be allowed to sell their citizenship? (Read 353 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Should citizens be allowed to sell their citizenship?
Reply #30 - May 2nd, 2018 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 7:23pm:
Take this to the bank, Don_G:

When the Two Party system eventually collapses, the only political party left standing among all the debris and rubble will be the Libertarain Party.  We've been around since 1971 and we'll patiently wait for the Dems and Repubs to annihilate each other.

tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...

It won't be a move to the left OR the right. 

It will be the independents choosing something new and that has potential for being libertarianism. I discount nothing but I'm also going to say that the LP agenda is a hundred to 1 longshot.

What libertarian platform could possibly attract sufficient numbers? 

Quote:
It will be a move towards FREEDOM!   Folks are tired of all the left/right nonsense.  We want our lives back. We want to keep what is ours and not be forced to hand it over to the government for re-distribution.

I'm totally aware of your situation. Your words literally plead for an end to your corrupt capitalist system.

Quote:
[cue the Battle Hymn Of The Republic]

What is your libertarian platform that has the potential to attract a sufficient number of the people? And what will you do with them when the LP is incapable of forming a government?

We've already crossed the bridge on the fact that libertarianism can't work for a country.

What are you talking about? Can you finally stand your ground and offer some specifics?

Let's begin with you understanding that income taxation is not going away. And you can say the same for regulations too.

Why are you so afraid of naming regulations you want to abolish. The people you intend to attract are going to be asking a lot more difficult questions than I ask!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - May 2nd, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 7:41pm:
...I'm also going to say that the LP agenda is a hundred to 1 longshot.

Fortunately, libertarians don't rely on odds made in the darkened basement of some non-descript house located in another country.

Quote:
What libertarian platform could possibly attract sufficient numbers? 

Civil liberties, non-interventionism, Laissez-Faire capitalism and abolition of the welfare state/wealth distribution, to name a few.

Quote:
We've already crossed the bridge on the fact that libertarianism can't work for a country.

Yes, but I was only saying that the LP will be the only (relevant) political party after the collapse of the Democratic and GOP.  They will collapse.  People are leaving the two parties in droves.... They're either becoming independents or libertarians.

Quote:
Let's begin with you understanding that income taxation is not going away. And you can say the same for regulations too.

That's YOUR assertion.  I never agreed with that.  Are you confusing me with burns again?

Quote:
Why are you so afraid of naming regulations you want to abolish. The people you intend to attract are going to be asking a lot more difficult questions than I ask!

Im not afraid - there are too many to list.  It's much simpler to name the regulations I want to keep.

FAA  Smiley

FCC  Smiley

OSHA  Smiley

Whatever gave you the idea that I intend to "attract" people? As more and more people become disenchanted with the Two Parties, they will naturally gravitate towards liberty and freedom. No enticement will be necessary.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 3rd, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Fortunately, libertarians don't rely on odds made in the darkened basement of some non-descript house located in another country.

Civil liberties, non-interventionism, Laissez-Faire capitalism and abolition of the welfare state/wealth distribution, to name a few.

Yes, but I was only saying that the LP will be the only (relevant) political party after the collapse of the Democratic and GOP.  They will collapse.  People are leaving the two parties in droves.... They're either becoming independents or libertarians.

That's YOUR assertion.  I never agreed with that.  Are you confusing me with burns again?

Im not afraid - there are too many to list.  It's much simpler to name the regulations I want to keep.

FAA  Smiley

FCC  Smiley

OSHA  Smiley

Whatever gave you the idea that I intend to "attract" people? As more and more people become disenchanted with the Two Parties, they will naturally gravitate towards liberty and freedom. No enticement will be necessary.

Your only problem is that the LP doesn't represent liberty and freedom to more than 2% of the people. Why would it? Who but the mentally ill would be attracted to the idea of no income tax, knowing that it would be replaced with hundreds of other taxes to take it's place?

Choose one of those three and then choose some specific regulations. You can't asshole because you know it's too easy to shoot down your libertarian imaginary bullshit.

libertarianism is for the pretend world. But we already know that don't we! 

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - May 3rd, 2018 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 12:26am:
Who but the mentally ill would be attracted to the idea of no income tax, knowing that it would be replaced with hundreds of other taxes to take it's place?

People who are sick and tired of the government stealing their wealth so it can be re-distributed to non-productive wards of the state. That's who. 

But this thread is about selling citizenship, so I'll be talking about that.

Because the US is revered all over the world, people are desperate to come here. They risk life and limb - the caravan people were riding with their infants on the roofs of freight trains for chrissakes!

It's insanity, and that has to stop.  It's time we had some REAL immigration reform. No more jibber-jabber and broken promises. It's time to act.

genepool suggested selling citizenship.  It's a start, but impractical, IMO, because who in their right mind would sell their citizenship?  The cost would be out-of-reach for most people.  It would be six figures, at least.

A better idea would be to offer these people annual Guest Visas.  500 bucks & a quick background check to weed out those nasty terrorists.

No more hiding in the shadows, worrying about deportation for the newcomers.  Another benefit is that it allows the immigrant to apply for citizenship if they are so incliined.  If it takes two years for their citizenship papers to go through, no problem  They can simply renew their Guest Visa every 12 months.  Smiley

The benefit to us Americans is that the cost of maintaining Border Security is now being paid for by revenues which are generated from Guest Visas, so that would lighten the Tax burden to us taxpayers.

Finally - a libertarian solution to a problem that Dems and repubs could never solve.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - May 4th, 2018 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 3:52am:
People who are sick and tired of the government stealing their wealth so it can be re-distributed to non-productive wards of the state. That's who. 

But this thread is about selling citizenship, so I'll be talking about that.

Because the US is revered all over the world, people are desperate to come here. They risk life and limb - the caravan people were riding with their infants on the roofs of freight trains for chrissakes!

It's insanity, and that has to stop.  It's time we had some REAL immigration reform. No more jibber-jabber and broken promises. It's time to act.

genepool suggested selling citizenship.  It's a start, but impractical, IMO, because who in their right mind would sell their citizenship?  The cost would be out-of-reach for most people.  It would be six figures, at least.

A better idea would be to offer these people annual Guest Visas.  500 bucks & a quick background check to weed out those nasty terrorists.

No more hiding in the shadows, worrying about deportation for the newcomers.  Another benefit is that it allows the immigrant to apply for citizenship if they are so incliined.  If it takes two years for their citizenship papers to go through, no problem  They can simply renew their Guest Visa every 12 months.  Smiley

The benefit to us Americans is that the cost of maintaining Border Security is now being paid for by revenues which are generated from Guest Visas, so that would lighten the Tax burden to us taxpayers.

Finally - a libertarian solution to a problem that Dems and repubs could never solve.

They're  coming for the work and the employers need them and their cheap wages. US industry isn't viable without cheap labour.

And they're going to come for free.

-----------------------------------------------
In libertarian land they will come and pay $500 and not pay any income tax either! You silly schmuck! Jerry Brown will make sure of it. Why would a libertarian want the fed government to dictate to the state of California? Or any state?

You're trying to steal the pie right out of the sky now!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - May 4th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 3:24pm:
In libertarian land they will come and pay $500 and not pay any income tax either! You silly schmuck! Jerry Brown will make sure of it. Why would a libertarian want the fed government to dictate to the state of California? Or any state?

I'm not sure how immigration policy is handled in Canada, but in the US, the Federal Government (Congress) is the governing body which makes immigration Laws (and Policy).  Immigration Policy must be uniform among all the states.

Moonbeam Brown cannot make his own immigration policy. He's a fool to think he can.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - May 4th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 6:28pm:
Moonbeam Brown cannot make his own immigration policy.
Who will stop him? The Kalifornia legislature or federal troops or maybe the people of California?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - May 4th, 2018 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 6:48pm:
Who will stop him? The Kalifornia legislature or federal troops or maybe the people of California?

Trump and the Justice Dept will.  And ICE.  There are pending lawsuits against the State of California.  We need to wait for the rulings of these lawsuits to find out if the moonchild can dictate immigration policy.

9th Circus Appeals Court will undoubtedly rule in favor of Brown/California.  SCOTUS will make the final ruling, though, and they will undoubtedly overrule the 9th Circus decision.  Just as they have done countless times in the past.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - May 4th, 2018 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Trump and the Justice Dept will.  And ICE.  There are pending lawsuits against the State of California.  We need to wait for the rulings of these lawsuits to find out if the moonchild can dictate immigration policy.

9th Circus Appeals Court will undoubtedly rule in favor of Brown/California.  SCOTUS will make the final ruling, though, and they will undoubtedly overrule the 9th Circus decision.  Just as they have done countless times in the past.

I'm on Craig's side with all the other libertarians.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should citizens be allowed to sell their citizenship?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy