Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 45,000 Americans Killed Without Health Care Yearly.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 45,000 Americans Killed Without Health Care Yearly. (Read 679 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: 45,000 Americans Killed Without Health Care Yearly.
Reply #90 - May 9th, 2018 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 10:17pm:
I know.

Yet there's something seriously wrong with this status quo:

1. American companies innovate drugs.
2. American companies charge a lot for what they innovated.
3. Except for the very rich and very poor, Americans cannot afford to pay these costs.
4. Americans go to Canada (which does not innovate as much) to pick up cheap drugs.

Actually, this time he didn't explicitly lie about lying. He just said I'd never catch him in a mistake, and insulted my intellect, so I immediately caught him in a mistake.

I must have missed it? What's the good of that Oppo?

1. American companies innovate drugs.
Yup and so do other countries.

2. American companies charge a lot for what they innovated.
Yup, but bargain with other countries on the cost because they are competing with other countries' pharmas.

3. Except for the very rich and very poor, Americans cannot afford to pay these costs.
Yup, because the people don't matter as much as the profit. it's the system Oppo!

4. Americans go to Canada (which does not innovate as much) to pick up cheap drugs.
Yup, much more than Canadians go the US for more expensive drugs. And also apparently more Americans come to Canada for some procedures than Canadians go to the US!

The three biggest lies:
Your cheque is in the mail.
I won't cum in your mouth.
Canada's cheaper drugs aren't as good quality.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - May 9th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 10:39pm:
Yup, because the people don't matter as much as the profit. it's the system Oppo!

Without offering the big companies that profit, they wouldn't innovate. That's the point of this.

Don_G wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 10:39pm:
The three biggest lies:
Your cheque is in the mail.
I won't cum in your mouth.
Canada's cheaper drugs aren't as good quality.

If you cum anywhere near me, I'll break your wooden nose off and throw the rest of you in the fire. There's no reason to draw out accusing me of being a homophobe so I'll deny it.

I won't deny it.

I'm a homophobe.

I also probably treat gay people a lot better than you treat straight people.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #92 - May 9th, 2018 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 10:58pm:
Without offering the big companies that profit, they wouldn't innovate. That's the point of this.

No, that's wrong too and mainly because it's not the question. The question is, why they won't provide the product to the American people at an affordable price.

The main reason is that they aren't forced to do so.

Too bad, it's an influence on your life expectancy. Among other things!

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - May 10th, 2018 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Don, I'm not against regulations, just over-regulating.

Opp, yes, the rest of the world piggybacks off of American healthcare.  American companies make back their investment from American consumers, and the rest of the world gets cheaper healthcare.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #94 - May 10th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 10:59am:

Excellent Ruby! That's sensible and positive statement from a libertarian. And now maybe instances of over-regulating can be discussed. When the problems are named then we'll know if libertarians have a case against some regulations. I still suspect there are none because we don't hear any.

Quote:
Opp, yes, the rest of the world piggybacks off of American healthcare.  American companies make back their investment from American consumers, and the rest of the world gets cheaper healthcare.

You're also now starting to admit that the world gets cheaper health care than the US. It also gets better health care in the countries which have universal health care.

The free market, which we all subscribe to, will set the price of pharmas of course. If the US sells it's pharmas to Canada then that's the price the market can demand.

The free market principle allows the buyer to choose and so when the US can't compete with low prices then the buyer looks to other sources. And we obviously do buy from other countries around the world. We get the best at the best price. US companies try to compete and sometimes do. Other times they fail to compete effectively.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #95 - May 10th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 10:59am:

Whatever that means...

The essential idea Ruby is to have laws made by people that are elected and to have them enact laws within their grant of power. When elected lawmakers pass vague well intentioned sounding laws, like "The Save Our Children From Bad Things  Act" and leave it up to bureaucrats to write "regulations" making the law 'effective', we end up with unelected bureaucrats actually writing our "laws", and once the Genie of 'the power to regulate' is out of the bottle, our system of Constitutional government is destroyed in one more way.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #96 - May 10th, 2018 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 1:44pm:
Whatever that means...

The essential idea Ruby is to have laws made by people that are elected and to have them enact laws within their grant of power. When elected lawmakers pass vague well intentioned sounding laws, like "The Save Our Children From Bad Things  Act" and leave it up to bureaucrats to write "regulations" making the law 'effective', we end up with unelected bureaucrats actually writing our "laws", and once the Genie of 'the power to regulate' is out of the bottle, our system of Constitutional government is destroyed in one more way.

That's a new twist on it Craig!

I think I'll just keep an eye on this one to see if you two can work something out?

But I have to say that Ruby has taken a sensible approach that needs further clarification. Unfortunately, that's where the libertarian dries up like an old k-n-. The libertarian starts smelling 'fishy'?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #97 - May 10th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 2:15pm:
That's a new twist on it Craig!

Not really Donat. Don't get all excited and imagine that I've had an original idea.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #98 - May 10th, 2018 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
Not really Donat. Don't get all excited and imagine that I've had an original idea.

Just a new twist Craig. Blaming non-elected beaurocrats and not government for a change.

Although I have to admit it's somewhat exciting!

IP Logged

Kevin_Fischer

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #99 - May 10th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Would it make more sense to find permanent solution then Scrabbling over how big bad corporations are killing  people by not throwing a pill at them?

What we should do

deregulate stem cell research to allow private  corps to fund it

Invest in open source diagnosis machine learning

And mandate genetic engineering to eliminate disorders before it even occur

We can't take nothing with us, but what we leave behind is our Legacy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 45,000 Americans Killed Without Health Care Yearly.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy