Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Do Unions Stand For?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Do Unions Stand For? (Read 134 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Do Unions Stand For?
Reply #10 - May 3rd, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Land of Freedom wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 3:30pm:
Dont hey interfere with free people to employ and be employed? Not libertarian would approve.

Not in the least. No more than a union interferes with an employer's rights.

So again for you: Workers have a right to belong to a uniion of their choice and that union shall demand equal rights as the employer on behalf of it's members. IN none of that is there any violation of libertarian principle. In fact, it upholds libertarian principles.

It follows that an employer must have the right to exclude you or me or anyone he chooses from his work force.

And it follows that a union duly authorized to represent the workers should have the right to exclude any person from becoming a member or continuing to be a member if said member fails to pay his union dues. (Just cause considered)

But libertarians can't seem to understand that and so that is where the libertarian fails to uphold it's own principles. I suggest that libertarianism can never succeed in a democracy unless it can adhere to basic democratic principles.

It's simply the case here on your board that libertarians want to possess dictatorial rights. I'm here to help get that straightened out.

Your presense on this board is valued. Why not let us hear from you much more often? For instance, if you don't agree with me than take your best shot at refuting what I've said.

IP Logged

Billie
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: What Do Unions Stand For?
Reply #11 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 3:51pm:
It's simply the case here on your board that libertarians want to possess dictatorial rights. I'm here to help get that straightened out.
The Moderator has almost certainly noted that other libertarians like the Moderator want to rule over everyone and everything.

How will you straighten that out?

It's not my problem, but I'm insatiably curious...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › What Do Unions Stand For?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy