Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Where Michelle Wolf Went Wrong
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Where Michelle Wolf Went Wrong (Read 248 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Where Michelle Wolf Went Wrong
May 1st, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Wrong audience.  Way wrong.

She's used to audiences of college students who are majoring in liberal arts and young college grads who are unemployed because they have degrees in liberal arts.  With that audience all you have to do is bash the latest republican with little attempt at actual humor and you can be assured of wild applause and loud forced laughter.  That's who she's used to feeding entertainment. 

The White House press corps are not like her usual audience.  They are the people who feed the misinformation on which her jokes are based to her usual audience.   Her jokes fell flat, not because they went to far, but because her audience is in on the joke.   They're not fooled because it is they who do the fooling.  It would be like attending a convention of multi-level marketing execs and attempting to recruit them into Mary Kay or Amway. 

She didn't go "to far" in her absurd accusations of Trump disguised as jokes.  No further than the media has been going for about two years with absurd accusations disguised as news.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Where Michelle Wolf Went Wrong
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 2:05pm:

She's used to audiences of college students who are majoring in liberal arts and young college grads who are unemployed because they have degrees in liberal arts. 

Yes, most of it fell flat and tedious. Very few people laughed and there were some one-liners that only got groans;

"If a tree falls in the forest, how do we get Kellyann [Conway] under that tree?"

"People want me to make fun of Sean Hannity tonight, but I will not do that - this dinner is for journalists."

I felt a little sorry for her, actually.   It seemed that others did, as well.... those were mercy chuckles, not genuine laughs at good jokes.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
So I had to watch her performance. Absolutely brilliant and ten years a head of her time on political comedy.

The biggest problem the audience had was in keeping up with the jokes. I personally didn't want to miss any of them.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders jokes were the best in my opinion because she was there and the scowl on her face really brought it home.

That was pure classic for a standup comedian and wh walked into it with her eyes wide open. She must have predicted how it would get the best of the assholes who made up her audience.

In a nightclub she would have had them rolling on the floor!

Absolutely brilliant and so spot on that it will be talked about for years. The only person that ever came close to her was Obama but he was restricted by decency that cut into his thunder.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2018 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
And who called it filthy?

Trump of course. The pussy jokes must have sent him into orbit!

But weren't they exactly what was called for. When the president of the US causes the office of the president to be filthy, what could be more appropriate?

Now that was a real woman. Very scary to the male audience because she had no intention of holding  back.

Did it make you sort of feel proud Ruby? Or did it gaul you terribly because she's good to look at too?

When Stephen Colbert raves about it you know it had to be good! And all the other big name comedians raved about it too!

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
The Bear-Sterns joke was the one that put her over the top. But she must have known it would have the effect it had on the audience. It broke down the pretension of them being respectable people and cleared the way for the rest that was to come.

She said what she said in all cases because it was echoing the truth is stark terms. Everybody got smacked down for their hypocrisy and that's not going to be a crowd pleaser.

It's never been done so well as Michelle Wolf did it and I'm sure she knew there would be a price to pay in not getting a big applause.

Why the fuk would anybody think that a big applause was what she was trying for. She got the message home to everybody!

As for Sarah Sanders? Who would have been more deserving than her?

Stop pouting over it libertarians. In truth it's what you all pretend to stand for. Big government got it shoved right up their asses by a black woman! Classic David and Goliath!
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2018 at 12:47am by »  

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 2nd, 2018 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
It's worth watching and listening one more time so as to catch every bit of it!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=michelle+worf+performance&rlz=1C1GGGE_enCA448CA44...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on May 1st, 2018 at 2:05pm:

She's used to audiences of college students who are majoring in liberal arts and young college grads who are unemployed because they have degrees in liberal arts.  With that audience all you have to do is bash the latest republican with little attempt at actual humor and you can be assured of wild applause and loud forced laughter.  That's who she's used to feeding entertainment. 

The White House press corps are not like her usual audience.  They are the people who feed the misinformation on which her jokes are based to her usual audience.   Her jokes fell flat, not because they went to far, but because her audience is in on the joke.   They're not fooled because it is they who do the fooling.  It would be like attending a convention of multi-level marketing execs and attempting to recruit them into Mary Kay or Amway. 

She didn't go "to far" in her absurd accusations of Trump disguised as jokes.  No further than the media has been going for about two years with absurd accusations disguised as news.

Good points, thanks.

Another is, are we willing to accept that sort of talk as the common discourse of our society?

Shouldn't it be kept to private venues like the back rooms of bars and private clubs?

What am I to tell my children, who I want to learn about contemporary political economy, when they hear that sort of thing?

What should be my answer to a 13 year old who asks, "Why is someone like that being listened to?" Or "Who listens to people like that?"

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Good points, thanks.

Another is, are we willing to accept that sort of talk as the common discourse of our society?

Shouldn't it be kept to private venues like the back rooms of bars and private clubs?

What am I to tell my children, who I want to learn about contemporary political economy, when they hear that sort of thing?

What should be my answer to a 13 year old who asks, "Why is someone like that being listened to?" Or "Who listens to people like that?"

When Michelle mentioned pussy for the first time ini that brilliant speech, she made sure that she said that Trump said it first. Then she set the stage to up the ante with the joke about
Bear-Stearns where the word 'fuk' came out for the first time.

The best part of this is that assholes like you Craig are feigning shock over what she said. That's real libertarian of you!

Trump as your president justified the crudest of the crude and that is one smart lady that had the courage to make it plain to the audience.

If anybody hasn't heard the one on abortion hypocrisy she told the uptight Christians in the audience, it's worth watching the entire video to hear it.

Basically, Republicans are against abortion unless it's their mistress's.

What's wrong with you libertarians? Why aren't you laughing your asses off at this great humour? Something to do with all you coksuckers really being Republicans?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
When Michelle mentioned pussy for the first time ini that brilliant speech...
she proved herself to be one, an insecure thingy who's full of herself and has no consideration for others.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 2nd, 2018 at 6:42pm:
she proved herself to be one, an insecure thingy who's full of herself and has no consideration for others.

love your explanation Craig!

You're actually right because she meant to shock the audience into seeing themselves for what they've become.

You've said far too much about the media to start trying to backtrack on it now.

Your problem is all about her being a black woman. You just haven't used the word 'uppity' yet.

Heh, and note the Chief's remarks on feeling sorry for her? What a pathetic nomind asshole would fail to understand she stuck the knife in those posing bastards and turned it?

Your phony position runs against your grain Sickler. But I'm glad to have your attention on this one!

If only a white male has said it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Where Michelle Wolf Went Wrong
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy