Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Liberals Will Always See Racism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Liberals Will Always See Racism (Read 3662 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Liberals Will Always See Racism
Reply #150 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:14am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
The modern liberal, leftist agenda was bought into correctitude with blood. They simply slew anyone who stood in their way, politically usually, but I think Scalia and others were probably murdered.

Let's say four people exist, and two want property rights while two want redistribution. If you kill the first two, there's nobody left to declare redistribution immoral and it becomes moral. You probably won't have anything to steal, but that's beside the point.
Wow! That's a pretty strange derivation of morality, but if I understand you correctly, you are saying a thieving tyrant becomes "moral" when he successfully kills off everyone who opposes him?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #151 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have no interest in having you banned, I'm interested in reforming you.

You have earned your place as #3 so stop your crying about it.
So are "Hispanics" and "Latinos" the same or not?

Are they both "races", or just subdivisions of the same "race"?

If they aren't "races" I can't be a racist for not liking my Cousin's Mexican-American husband can I? Especially since I like my other Cousin's Columbian husband, who looks more Indian than Spanish anyway... Isn't that what this "race" stuff is about anyway, external appearances?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #152 - May 14th, 2018 at 11:39am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 12:36am:
No. Put me back at #2. Actually I deserve the top spot since Billie can't be blamed for the crap she spouts. She has been caught changing her position 180 degrees on multiple issues. She doesn't believe anything; she just reacts. It's 100% emotion/reaction so she can't be blamed any more than an amoeba can. Maybe amoebas are racist too; they certainly prefer other amoebas to tiny fish.

You weren't moved on the scale. I just decided to leave #1 vacant for now.

Stop your frantic screaming and effort to show you favour affirmative action. You made your reputation and this isn't something that's going to be changed overnight.

But I can promise you that over the long term you have as good a chance as any of the others of moving a rung down the ladder. Or a rung up!

I'm watching the behaviour of all the people on all the threads, not just this one. You will be rewarded or punished accordingly.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #153 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Libertarianism breeds racism but racism also breeds libertarianism.

The reason the latter is so is because libertarians need somebody to blame and they're too brainwashed to blame big government. They actually promote more bad government with their dogma, as opposed to accepting obvious solutions in 'socially' responsible government.

And so to some extent they take out their anger and resentment on blacks, Hispanics, and other people of other races.

This is why people of minority races are almost non-existing in the ranks of the LP. Libertarianism is simply considered to be suppportive of racism.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #154 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Libertarianism breeds racism but racism also breeds libertarianism.

OMG THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!   

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #155 - May 14th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Your hate for Venezuela and it's people is going to start to register here if you keep it up. That and Oppo's frantic efforts could move you up a notch.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #156 - May 14th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Your hate for Venezuela and it's people...
Venezuela has a terrible form of government that is victimizing the wonderful people of Venezuela, many of who have started walking North towards America...

Are people in Venezuela who are ethnically European "Latinos" or "Hispanics"?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #157 - May 14th, 2018 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:14am:
Wow! That's a pretty strange derivation of morality, but if I understand you correctly, you are saying a thieving tyrant becomes "moral" when he successfully kills off everyone who opposes him?

I'm saying that if everyone in the whole world agrees that person is moral, it's hard to say he's not.

Are you saying morality has absolutely nothing to do with human estimation of morality?

Quote:
You weren't moved on the scale. I just decided to leave #1 vacant for now.

Stop your frantic screaming and effort to show you favour affirmative action.

Okay, then. I don't favour Affirmative Action.

Your scale isn't about what the people on it believe or don't anyway.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #158 - May 15th, 2018 at 8:30am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 10:29pm:
I'm saying that if everyone in the whole world agrees that person is moral, it's hard to say he's not.

Are you saying morality has absolutely nothing to do with human estimation of morality?
Questions of "Why are we here?" and "How should we treat others?" have been around since pre-history. They are intimately related to philosophy and religion, both of which are human constructs, but both of which have, throughout human history, given rise to ideas of morality that are surprisingly convergent on large issues.

What they don't converge on saying is that morality is determined by transient popular feelings, or that mass murder is moral as long as most people approve.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #159 - May 16th, 2018 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 8:30am:
Questions of "Why are we here?" and "How should we treat others?" have been around since pre-history. They are intimately related to philosophy and religion, both of which are human constructs, but both of which have, throughout human history, given rise to ideas of morality that are surprisingly convergent on large issues.

What they don't converge on saying is that morality is determined by transient popular feelings, or that mass murder is moral as long as most people approve.

I never said most. I said all. Let me edit your post and see if you still agree:

Jeff wrote on May 15th, 2018 at 8:30am:
What they don't converge on saying is that morality is determined by transient popular feelings, or that mass murder is moral as long as most all people approve.

So what happens when all people alive believe something to be just? What case would there be for it to be unjust?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Liberals Will Always See Racism
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy