Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Liberals Will Always See Racism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Liberals Will Always See Racism (Read 3655 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Liberals Will Always See Racism
Reply #160 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:01am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 12:06am:
So what happens when all people alive believe something to be just? What case would there be for it to be unjust?
If everyone was amoral, whatever people did would be whatever they did.

Are we still talking about morality, or do you want to switch to justice?

If everyone alive believed some action to be just, it probably was just, based on their ideas of justice.

What Donat calls "social justice" is generally considered to be immoral by libertarians.

Even if everybody in Cuba thinks their system of "social justice" is just, I still think it's immoral.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #161 - May 16th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Don wants to see Libertarians as racist, he's a Liberal after all.  This idiotic leftist idea that those on our side of the political spectrum are guilty of being racists until we prove ourselves as innocent (if that's even possible in their eyes) is ridiculous.

Heck, the LOTR trilogy was racist in many of their eyes for having an all white cast, nevermind that Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon had no white or black people.  No complaints about that.  I'm glad that Star Wars has more minority characters because having humans being 90% white makes no sense.  At the same time, Denzel Washington playing a European prince in Much Ado About Nothing was silly.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #162 - May 17th, 2018 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 9:01am:
Even if everybody in Cuba thinks their system of "social justice" is just, I still think it's immoral.

This is why I'm asking you to imagine a world where no one has any objection to that sort of justice. It's then moral.

Morality is a product of the human mind, and if no human mind in existence produces the moral evaluation that "this is wrong" then it's not morally wrong.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #163 - May 17th, 2018 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Slavery was always wrong no matter how many people favored it.  Morality isn't based on popularity.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #164 - May 17th, 2018 at 8:23am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 2:26am:
Morality is a product of the human mind, and if no human mind in existence produces the moral evaluation that "this is wrong" then it's not morally wrong.
See Ruby's response.

Humans have been philosophizing about right and wrong since they were human and probably before. Tribes of Chimpanzees have moral standards, "Don't mess with the babies" being one. You could say that's just "instinct", and I'll say that instinct is probably the root of morality, but thousands of years of human thought on subjects of philosophy and religion all around the world and across time have settled on some basic elements of right and wrong for humans.

Perhaps surprisingly to you, much of that thinking has always been related to questions like "How does God want us to live and treat others?", because humans apparently just think pretty consistently along those lines.

It's possible to toss God/gods out of the discussion entirely, or to conclude that God wants us to keep slaves or murder "others", but systems of morality that don't at least recognize the inherent value of the individual human tend to support systems that end up slaughtering lots of people, and yes, some people think that's moral.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #165 - May 17th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
I've seen no positive comments on racism but no negative comments either and so the list isn't changed. Except that I'll add ahhell to the list at 9th. place. However, Craig Sickler is inching closer to making a racist remark but stops just short of doing so. So far he hasn't crossed the line IMO.

-------------------------------------

2. Craig Sickler (billie, jeff) For blatant expressions of racism against orientals. And for disguised comments against blacks and Hispanics.

3. The Opposition. For promotion of racist comments of others and for arguing against affirmative action that would help raise blacks up to equal standards with white people. And for making a joke of a serious discussion.

4. SkyChief. For refusing to condemn covert racism within the LP and for making excuses for their promotion of racism. And also for conspicuously never taking the side of a black victim of whites or police. Remaining silent brings rightful condemnation.

5. Ruby Hypatia. For remaining silent on condemnation of racism and being a willing follower of overt racist remarks of the leaders.

6. SnarkySack (burnsred)  For his undeniable support of Trump. Trump's biggest appeal to his followers is clearly racism based. No person who is against racism can legitimately support a racist politician.

9. ahhell. For not making any negative remarks on racism but also for not condemnation of racism either

10. Don G. For constantly and actively taking the side against racism and racist views..

places are pending and can be filled by any remarks, pro or con.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #166 - May 17th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
IMO.
In your opinion, does the fact that I don't like the Hindu religion count as racism?

Or at least some sort of "discrimination"? Is religious discrimination prohibited?

There are a lot of religious precepts and doctrines and dogma that I think are evil and foolish and dangerous... Does that make me a religious bigot?

Oh, how about this, if being personal is required to prove racism- I don't believe Elizabeth Warren is a Native American! Other than in the sense that she was born here.

I really want to move up to #1 Donat...

I know, I hate ignorant rednecks when they get drunk and want to fight!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #167 - May 17th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 8:23am:
See Ruby's response.

Humans have been philosophizing about right and wrong since they were human and probably before. Tribes of Chimpanzees have moral standards, "Don't mess with the babies" being one. You could say that's just "instinct", and I'll say that instinct is probably the root of morality, but thousands of years of human thought on subjects of philosophy and religion all around the world and across time have settled on some basic elements of right and wrong for humans.

Perhaps surprisingly to you, much of that thinking has always been related to questions like "How does God want us to live and treat others?", because humans apparently just think pretty consistently along those lines.

It's possible to toss God/gods out of the discussion entirely, or to conclude that God wants us to keep slaves or murder "others", but systems of morality that don't at least recognize the inherent value of the individual human tend to support systems that end up slaughtering lots of people, and yes, some people think that's moral.
lizard, are you giving this thought? Donat doesn't want to discuss it, but you seemed to have expressed and interest in the subject... And I'd like to hear your response. Thanks.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #168 - May 17th, 2018 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Don, we don't have to prove to you stupid Lefties that we're not racists.  So crappity smack-off!

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #169 - May 17th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Morality is an interesting subject and a lot of people do believe the way Opp does, especially if they're Bible believers.  I don't agree with Opp, but I find his opinions interesting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Liberals Will Always See Racism
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy