Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Libertarian Republic of North Korea?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Libertarian Republic of North Korea? (Read 336 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

The Libertarian Republic of North Korea?
May 3rd, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I've said several times that a libertarian system could best be brought about by founding one in land that is uninhabited.  The American experiment was kinda supposed to be that, but if course it wasn't.  That's because the land was inhabited by people already, we restricted their movement by government introducing the artificial right of land ownership, and our heroic founders were primarily owners of slaves.  But, you know, other than that . . .

With nearly all the inhabitable locations already being governed, any new nation would have to be a micro-republic," or a nation formed by a hostile takeover of one government by another, which wouldn't be ethical.

Except in North Korea.

The North Korean people certainly do not consent to be government by a torturacracy.  A libertarian force, representing no nation or nations, but recruited from diverse nations, could take over that land area with no violation of any moral precept of libertarianism since the North Koreans are slaves.  Such an invading army would be no more aggressing than was John Brown. 

It would have to be ruthless.  North Koreans don't know how to be free, so the libertarian cadre would have to summarily eliminate all who still want to use force against each other.  Then they could learn how to farm and manufacture in freedom and would soon thrive and prosper.  Then they could have a limited government that they consent to.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Libertarian Republic of North Korea?
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 1:59pm:
I've said several times that a libertarian system could best be brought about by founding one in land that is uninhabited.  The American experiment was kinda supposed to be that, but if course it wasn't.  That's because the land was inhabited by people already, we restricted their movement by government introducing the artificial right of land ownership, and our heroic founders were primarily owners of slaves.  But, you know, other than that . . .

With nearly all the inhabitable locations already being governed, any new nation would have to be a micro-republic," or a nation formed by a hostile takeover of one government by another, which wouldn't be ethical.

Except in North Korea.

The North Korean people certainly do not consent to be government by a torturacracy.  A libertarian force, representing no nation or nations, but recruited from diverse nations, could take over that land area with no violation of any moral precept of libertarianism since the North Koreans are slaves.  Such an invading army would be no more aggressing than was John Brown. 

It would have to be ruthless.  North Koreans don't know how to be free, so the libertarian cadre would have to summarily eliminate all who still want to use force against each other.  Then they could learn how to farm and manufacture in freedom and would soon thrive and prosper.  Then they could have a limited government that they consent to.

What nonsense.

Go for it if you like your idea, but leave me out.

Don't forget about Communist China being just North of you...

They don't like ideas of individual liberty and Rights.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 3:05pm:
What nonsense.

Go for it if you like your idea, but leave me out.

Don't forget about Communist China being just North of you...

They don't like ideas of individual liberty and Rights.

Tell him for me Craig that N.Koreans are persistent people just like the Cubans and the Vietnamese people who would never submit to foreign intervention in their lives. And just like the Veitnamese people they suffered millions of lives lost to US tyranny.

They will eventually regain their freedom and that will be a day for libertarians to celebrate.

It will be a day for the extreme right fascist murderers to wail. And they will beg their masters for nuclear war but their masters know that what goes around comes around!

Long live the reunited Korean people!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2018 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tell him for me Craig that N.Koreans are persistent people just like the Cubans and the Vietnamese people who would never submit to foreign intervention in their lives.
Not even if it was a bunch of libertarians like you bringing them Liberty?

Are you expecting the Kim Dynasty to abdicate in favor of limited government and a rule of law?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2018 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I've said several times that a libertarian system could best be brought about by founding one in land that is uninhabited. 

Right. Because as soon as non-libertarians infiltrate, we eventually wind up with a bloated government who force the populace to become slaves of the State.

As long as we allow democrats and republicans to spoil everything, libertarians won't ever have nice things.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2018 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 4:11pm:

Are you expecting the Kim Dynasty to abdicate in favor of limited government and a rule of law?

If you know what he's on about tell me too. I think he's gone off the deep end and is taking libertarian nonsense seriously?

Or I'll wait to see if he can develop whatever the fuk theory he's onto now?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - May 4th, 2018 at 7:01am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 11:19pm:
Right. Because as soon as non-libertarians infiltrate, we eventually wind up with a bloated government who force the populace to become slaves of the State.

As long as we allow democrats and republicans to spoil everything, libertarians won't ever have nice things.
You misunderstand the design and purpose of our (original) Constitution. It created a government where no faction could possibly gain control of the government, the idea being that divided control with the various interests of all Americans represented would keep government small and confined to it's enumerated powers and duties, which would in turn protect everyone's rights and liberties equally under the law.

It is not prohibited to live a communistic lifestyle in America, it is merely supposed to be impossible for communists to seize power over our government and change it into a tool of authoritarian oppression.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 4th, 2018 at 7:01am:
You misunderstand the design and purpose of our (original) Constitution. It created a government where no faction could possibly gain control of the government, the idea being that divided control with the various interests of all Americans represented would keep government small and confined to it's enumerated powers and duties, which would in turn protect everyone's rights and liberties equally under the law.

Kind of a bizarre apologia for a document which explicitly protects the "rights" of slaveholders to own and traffic in slaves.

Even if it were true that the U.S. Constitution was designed to limit the power of government, it didn't work.  Pretending that it did hinders, not furthers, progress toward freedom.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 4th, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
I've said several times that a libertarian system could best be brought about by founding one in land that is uninhabited.

So far, so good!   Smiley

The less people there are, the better chance for liberatianism to work. The ideal libertarian society is a half dozen or so self-governed people on a remote uncharted island somewhere in the tropics. 

Like Gilligan's Island?

The more people you have, the more the likelihood that some tyrant will want to expand government and distribute wealth and wreck it for everyone.

It would have to be ruthless.  North Koreans don't know how to be free, so the libertarian cadre would have to summarily eliminate all who still want to use force against each other. 

This is tongue-in-cheek, right?   Undecided   It's hard to tell when someone is joking or serious on the internet.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 4th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 3rd, 2018 at 4:11pm:

I'm expecting Kim to use his new nuclear negotiating power to get what he's always wanted for his country. He already may be releasing 3 of his pawns in return for favours.

Isn't it wonderful what nuclear weapons can do. The end result is what is important to Kim and the N. Korean people. Trump can take the credit if he can spin it that way.

This seems to bring back memories of the reason why the deep state had to off Kennedy. It's positive because Trump could sell out his country for his own personal ass-saving.

Can we all foresee the time in the near future when the US has lost it's grip on the Korean peninsula completely. I would imagine that Americans would be quite divided on that kind of progress.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Libertarian Republic of North Korea?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy