Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another Heroic Off-duty Police Officer
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Another Heroic Off-duty Police Officer (Read 182 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Another Heroic Off-duty Police Officer
May 7th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/05/07/undercover-cop-gun-candy-convenience-st...
Quote:
Surveillance video shows an off-duty police officer in California pull a gun on a man whom he accused of stealing candy at a gas station, but the man had already purchased the item.
Source: HLN

I wouldn't pull a gun on a guy stealing candy even if I owned the store.  I fully believe in the right to use force to protect property, but you gotta consider the risk/reward here.  Protecting a roll of Menthos is too little gain for the risk taken just by pulling a gun out of holster in an uncontrolled environment.  He was off-duty.  If this was a serious crime, he should have called for backup.

But that off-duty "law-enforcement" officer didn't care about the owner's property rights.  He's trigger happy like too many government officials.  He was eager to throw his firearm backed weight around.   

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Another Heroic Off-duty Police Officer
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 3:10pm:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/05/07/undercover-cop-gun-candy-convenience-st...

I wouldn't pull a gun on a guy stealing candy even if I owned the store.  I fully believe in the right to use force to protect property, but you gotta consider the risk/reward here.  Protecting a roll of Menthos is too little gain for the risk taken just by pulling a gun out of holster in an uncontrolled environment.  He was off-duty.  If this was a serious crime, he should have called for backup.

But that off-duty "law-enforcement" officer didn't care about the owner's property rights.  He's trigger happy like too many government officials.  He was eager to throw his firearm backed weight around.   
The video looks pretty fake... Where in Kalifornia was it supposed to be?

It could have been someplace where the police union and the local government are all good buddy cronies, and the officer in question had stopped in to pick up the monthly protection money he was extorting from the station owner.

Who knows?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I have to be honest and commend burnsred for his new approach to learning social responsibility. But this condemnation of the cop only goes half way.

What is now required is a calm and sensible conversation on why cops are becoming the way this one was acting.

It's the gun culture but burnsred only hints at that being a part of the problem.

And what a problem it has become! If that was a black man with the candy he would have very likely been shot dead for not raising his hands immediately.

It's gone completely off the rails and out of control. You libertarians better hope you never get in the same situation. Especially the one of you who is a black transvestite.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Quote:
What is now required is a calm and sensible conversation on why cops are becoming the way this one was acting.

I told you Donat, corrupt crony police unions and the corrupt governments they serve.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/05/07/off-duty-cop-pulls-gun-on-man-buying-men?utm_m...

It's a standard "progressive" scenario these days.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2018 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 8:42am:
I told you Donat, corrupt crony police unions and the corrupt governments they serve.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/05/07/off-duty-cop-pulls-gun-on-man-buying-men?utm_m...

It's a standard "progressive" scenario these days.

It's not happening to the same degree in the most 'progressive' countries in the world. (progressive in the political interpretation of the word)

Are you saying that the US is more 'progressive' than those other countries?

Which btw, seem to be listed as the happiest countries in the world.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not happening to the same degree in the most 'progressive' countries in the world.
That's right, they don't allow unions or any other private organizations at all where people voluntarily join together for common purposes.

To "progressives", it's the State or nothing. Literally.

Edit: That's philosophically. Practically, "progressives" need cronies to support them. Or lots of peasants and serfs. Cry

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
That's right, they don't allow unions or any other private organizations at all where people voluntarily join together for common purposes.

To "progressives", it's the State or nothing. Literally.

Edit: That's philosophically. Practically, "progressives" need cronies to support them. Or lots of peasants and serfs. Cry

Those progressive countries which are the happiest countries in the world, do allow unions mr. Sickler. Why do you hate them so much for having what you americans need and want.

And why do you bitch and complain so much about your country and it's government. Think positive, Diedre and Bowells Sickler might live long enough to see socially resonsible change!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Those progressive countries which are the happiest countries in the world, do allow unions...
I guess you mean Norway again? Are all their government workers unionized?

What have they got planned for when their oil and gas run out?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2018 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Think positive, Diedre and Bowells Sickler might live long enough to see socially resonsible change!
What if I continue to think negatively about your dangerous ideas? 

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2018 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 8th, 2018 at 7:55pm:
What if I continue to think negatively about your dangerous ideas? 

Hate me if you must but that won't stop me from sending my love. Try to get well emotionally. Talk to burnsred and ask for his help.

And remember, it's not your fault!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another Heroic Off-duty Police Officer
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy