Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › California Leads Again!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) California Leads Again! (Read 458 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: California Leads Again!
Reply #10 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
Oh, and the Cal energy commission voted for it unanimously.

Did they consider that housing in Kalifornia is already out of reach for working people?

Really Donat, "the California Energy Commission voted for it unanimously" proves it's a good idea?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2018 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 9th, 2018 at 11:01pm:
You're already predicting that two of the three will turn red and reject it. That's why it's gerrymandering.

Oh, and the Cal energy commission voted for it unanimously.

I bet ya that more states will do the same before California is divided in three. LOL

In the currently proposed split, two of the three would remain democratic.  LA would dominate the Central Coast, the SF bay area would dominate Nor Cal. 

So Cal would possible go with the GOP but the Dems would have a fighting chance, unlike the other two states where the GOP would still be in the wilderness. 

Also, I'd love to see where you got your numbers for the costs of solar vs the returns.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2018 at 9:27am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 9:12am:
Also, I'd love to see where you got your numbers for the costs of solar vs the returns.
Me too! I bet he won't tell...

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2018 at 10:37am
Print Post  
For one thing, Earth's climate is always changing.  Also, maybe people aren't buying the Left's climate change hysteria.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 10th, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Geez, Billie.  Libraries should smell like books, not homeless people.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 9:12am:
In the currently proposed split, two of the three would remain democratic.  LA would dominate the Central Coast, the SF bay area would dominate Nor Cal. 

So Cal would possible go with the GOP but the Dems would have a fighting chance, unlike the other two states where the GOP would still be in the wilderness. 

Let's stop belabouring that which we both understand is impossible. And besides, every time sombody tries to promote it, they reinforc the idea that it is gerrymandering.

On the California law to mandate solar panels on new homes by 2020, I first heard it announded on the CBC. But I'm pretty sure that's not the original source. It would be Reuters most likely and they would get if from the California government.

I'll try to find a source.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Here's one!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/california-approves-plan-to-mandate-solar-panels...

It appears to be somewhat negative on the issue but it does get around to talking about the saving, way down under the sub-title, Higher Upfront Costs, three paragraphs in.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 10:37am:
For one thing, Earth's climate is always changing.  Also, maybe people aren't buying the Left's climate change hysteria.

Don't you believe in climate change Ruby?
Or do you believe it's happening but it isn't anthropogenic?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
Here's one!
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/california-approves-plan-to-mandate-solar-panels...

It appears to be somewhat negative on the issue but it does get around to talking about the saving, way down under the sub-title, Higher Upfront Costs, three paragraphs in.

So the claim by the folks proposing this change is that It will cost $9000 initial and  save 19000 over 30 years.  Pretty much just raises the initial cost with an over all wash or loss due loan payments or interest that could be had on savings.

California initially said the bullet train would cost 30 billion, now its 90 billion, coincidentally similar to the cost independent analysis suggested from the beginning. 

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 10th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
So the claim by the folks proposing this change is that It will cost $9000 initial and  save 19000 over 30 years.  Pretty much just raises the initial cost with an over all wash or loss due loan payments or interest that could be had on savings.

I don't know about your math but it was stated as costing $40 more on a mortage but saving $80 a month. That's $40 to the good!

Quote:
California initially said the bullet train would cost 30 billion, now its 90 billion, coincidentally similar to the cost independent analysis suggested from the beginning. 

Interesting, and I'll take your word for it!

Are you opposed to this new law that mandates solar panels? And if you are then are you just opposed on principle because it's forced on Cal by government?

I can't imagine any other reason to be opposed to it when it's such a smart progressive move to make toward green energy.

When you're around to discuss issues such as this, I can pretty well ignore the babbling from the rest of them. But that's only if you maintain your credibility. So far I'm trusting that you are doing that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › California Leads Again!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy