Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another Mass Shooting at a Gun-free Zone
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Another Mass Shooting at a Gun-free Zone (Read 1435 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Another Mass Shooting at a Gun-free Zone
Reply #10 - May 20th, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 5:02pm:
Yes, Don, population density has a huge effect on violent crime.

Everyone well knows this. He's just being stubborn.

You can't compare an Asian country to a non-Asian populated country with a straight face. Asian Americans commit vastly less crime than other Americans. The first chart shows Samoans grouped in with other Asians, but later you can see that they're responsible for the "Asian" group having any significant presence relative to their population at all.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the stats, Opp, it really is telling. 

The best way to reduce violent crime is to reduce poverty, and that means we need to put limitations on how much of the world's poor we take in.  Education is key.  We need school choice, the ellimination of government bureaucracy, and get rid of teachers' unions that protect bad teachers.

How a Great School is Breaking the Cycle of Poverty in America's Poorest City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiCDdixeg&t=11s

And I'll say it again.  Dems don't want these people climbing out of their poverty and being educated, because that means they might stop being Democrats in need of Welfare and food stamps.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 5:13pm:
Everyone well knows this. He's just being stubborn.

You can't compare an Asian country to a non-Asian populated country with a straight face. Asian Americans commit vastly less crime than other Americans. The first chart shows Samoans grouped in with other Asians, but later you can see that they're responsible for the "Asian" group having any significant presence relative to their population at all.

Well how skanky is that? Trying to tell us that Asian countries aren't heavily populated??

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 5:33pm:
Thanks for the stats, Opp, it really is telling. 

The best way to reduce violent crime is to reduce poverty,.......

You can't do that in the US because the wealthy steal the poor people's money. I've told you morons a dozen times that income inequality is behind most of your problems.

Maybe libertarians can figure it out?  Grin

Quote:
And I'll say it again.  Dems don't want these people climbing out of their poverty and being educated, because that means they might stop being Democrats in need of Welfare and food stamps.

Just as bad as the Repubs, as I've been informed over and over again. libertarians know that Rubes, what is your problem?

Back on topic: Is the reason why you don't want anything done about school shootings because you want to see public school chilldren completely wiped out?

Be patient!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 19th, 2018 at 4:51pm:
Gun control laws will make it so that criminals have guns and innocent civilians don't.  Why give criminals an advantage?

Excellent point, Ruby.   Smiley    You're in good company:

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants...” - Thomas Jefferson [1776]

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #15 - May 20th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Gungoons who shoot school children aren't criminals until they start shootin.

The NRA tells gun owners to fondle their guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable. And then the guns convince good NRA members to kill school children. Hasta be!

How's it workin out for American school children so far asshole? No problem? No problem for me either!  Wink

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well how skanky is that? Trying to tell us that Asian countries aren't heavily populated??

I'm saying you can't compare apples to oranges.

Asians have the same low rates of violence in armed countries as in their own unarmed countries. If you understood what a control group was, you'd know it's probably them, and not their policies, making the difference.

When comparing similar populations, population density does raise violence.

And I don't know why we're even on this. The problem is your principles, not your unscientific conclusions. I was willing to concede that less guns means more safety (even though you have NOT shown any good evidence for this) for the purposes of establishing principles, and you wouldn't even state that safety > freedom (even for equal amounts of safety and freedom!) so you have no leg to stand on when you want others' freedom taken away for the good of your safety.

Basically, you want to have your cake, and eat other peoples' cakes, too. You want all the freedoms, but when they endanger YOUR safety, you want others to lose their freedoms.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
I'm saying you can't compare apples to oranges.

Asians have the same low rates of violence in armed countries as in their own unarmed countries. If you understood what a control group was, you'd know it's probably them, and not their policies, making the difference.

When comparing similar populations, population density does raise violence.

Saying something nice about Asians doesn't go unnoticed Oppo. I'm watching you closely to see if I can drop you down a notch on my racism scale.

This admission that Asians in heavily populated areas aren't nearly as violent and boodthirsty as 'youall' is noteworthy.

However, don't expect immediate results too soon. Your reputation was earned over a long period of time and it's not going to be erased overnight.

Condemning Ruby for calling southern immigrants parasites would go a long way with me.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2018 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You can't do that in the US because the wealthy steal the poor people's money. I've told you morons a dozen times that income inequality is behind most of your problems.

Okay, let's see Canada pay its trash collectors the same as they pay their doctors.  Income inequality is a fact of life.  And no, the wealthy aren't stealing from the poor.  The wealthy pay most of the taxes that support our massive government and build our roads.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2018 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on May 20th, 2018 at 10:55pm:
Okay, let's see Canada pay its trash collectors the same as they pay their doctors.  Income inequality is a fact of life.  And no, the wealthy aren't stealing from the poor.  The wealthy pay most of the taxes that support our massive government and build our roads.

Let him argue this with anything but money. People who have more of X are "stealing" X?

Well, people on welfare have more babies. Have they stolen them?

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Another Mass Shooting at a Gun-free Zone
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy