Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers." (Read 1226 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Reply #140 - May 29th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why would you try to say such things?
People who slaughter innocents for political purposes are called "terrorists"?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #141 - May 29th, 2018 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
People who slaughter innocents for political purposes are called "terrorists"?

People who slaughter innocents for revenge are also called terrorists.

French freedom fighters most justifiably murdered German occupiers and their families. YOur terrorist is someone else's freedom fighter.

If somebody killed Mary Ann or Bowells Sickler then you would seek revenge in kind.

There is no justification for Americans who slaughter Muslims in their countries. There is no revenge to be sought by Americans.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #142 - May 29th, 2018 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 9:03am:
How many times must I tell you that I am not and never have been religious?

People do horrible things to each other for all sorts of reasons, you just like to cherrypick the evil done in the name of religion, and the reason you do that is obvious to me.

I'm not cherrypicking. You demanded examples, and I gave them to you. So did Skychief.

I've always been for letting peaceful people do whatever they want.

What I've been trying to say is that actually believing the Bible qualifies as a break with reality and those people need to be institutionalised as much as the people who think demons are drilling little holes in their head. (Which is not at all, my point is just that it's the same level of necessity.)

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #143 - May 30th, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
French freedom fighters most justifiably murdered German occupiers and their families.
"...and their families." is a lie. The French resistance fought against German military personnel.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #144 - May 30th, 2018 at 7:42am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 11:42pm:
What I've been trying to say is that actually believing the Bible qualifies as a break with reality and those people need to be institutionalised as much as the people who think demons are drilling little holes in their head. (Which is not at all, my point is just that it's the same level of necessity.)
What a weaselly statement. Grin

Collectivists oppose Faith and religion because they require everyone to place their entire faith in the government.

Despite the fact that collectivist governments have killed far more people in the name of the collective than have ever been killed by (state) religions, collectivists point to killing by (state) religions as an indication that Faith and religion are inherently evil and irrational and must be stamped out.

Libertarians disagree, and don't even advocate putting collectivists in mental institutions or prisons (so long as they don't kill or coerce others anyway).

You are free to (try to) live communally in the U.S., even though trying to do so is an indication of a serious break with reality.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #145 - May 30th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 7:34am:
"...and their families." is a lie. The French resistance fought against German military personnel.

Now you're just being silly Craig. It seems that you are trying to say that an attack on your civilian population is not fair game in war?

How silly! the objective in any war is to do harm to the enemy in any way possible. When a non-militarized country is fighting a huge military foe then everything is fair game.

The more valid question to ask would be whether or not the large military force has the right to kill civilians of the other side. That's when we get into comparing what the US did in Veitnam and Iraq with what freedom fighters did to the WTC. Fking really Craig? Boo hoo hoo!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #146 - May 30th, 2018 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 7:42am:
What a weaselly statement. Grin

Collectivists oppose Faith and religion because they require everyone to place their entire faith in the government.

I oppose faith because if I try to believe fiction, even without violence, I will end up in a straitjacket, but if they believe fiction, they get to blow people up or stone hookers to death.

When the standard should be that you get punished depending depending on whether you've committed violence or not, rather than whether you believe the correct illogical nonsense or the incorrect illogical nonsense.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #147 - May 31st, 2018 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Now you're just being silly Craig. It seems that you are trying to say that an attack on your civilian population is not fair game in war?
It is legitimate to destroy your enemy's means of prosecuting war, which was the objective of Sherman's march through Georgia.

That was also the objective of firebombing cities in Germany and Japan during WWII, but it didn't work. Dropping atomic bombs on japan did work and probably saved millions of lives in Japan and a lot of American lives too. A blockade of Japan probably would have worked too, but the Japanese people would not have fared well during a blockade at that point, and millions of them would have probably died.

But no, prosecuting a "war" by terrorist acts is barbaric and counterproductive. In my opinion, only cowards do it.

If the "Palestinians" living in refugee camps around Israel have a complaint about being tyrannized and denied their rights, it's against the countries who have kept them in refugee camps for generations. Hamas and it's leaders claim to be involved in a 'war' of extermination, a genocide of Jews, and are using terrorism to pursue their aims. That's not really war, it's just terrorism for an evil purpose.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #148 - May 31st, 2018 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
The more valid question to ask would be whether or not the large military force has the right to kill civilians of the other side. That's when we get into comparing what the US did in Veitnam and Iraq with what freedom fighters did to the WTC. Fking really Craig? Boo hoo hoo!
Putting aside the issue of why "progressives" sent U.S. (and allied troops) to Vietnam, or why China and Russia supported the Vietnamese, there really isn't any comparison.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #149 - May 31st, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 8:53am:
Putting aside the issue of why "progressives" sent U.S. (and allied troops) to Vietnam, or why China and Russia supported the Vietnamese, there really isn't any comparison.

You and your libertarians accomplices can put it aside but I won't.
We'll have to work out another solution for the problem facing you that is acceptable to me too.

The US started the war and slaughtered millions. Arguably the largest slaughter of humans in recorded history! The communists fought to minimize that slaughter and at least succeeded in taking out a few thousands of the enemy.

And now finally Vietnam is united and they're prospering.

But be vigilant of the chance that the dominoes could still tumble. LOL  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy