Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers." (Read 1228 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Reply #150 - May 31st, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You and your libertarians accomplices can put it aside but I won't.
We'll have to work out another solution for the problem facing you that is acceptable to me too.

The US started the war and slaughtered millions. Arguably the largest slaughter of humans in recorded history! The communists fought to minimize that slaughter and at least succeeded in taking out a few thousands of the enemy.

And now finally Vietnam is united and they're prospering.

But be vigilant of the chance that the dominoes could still tumble. LOLĀ  Embarrassed

The Vietnamese were fighting to get rid of the French.

Because there was communist involvement and both China and the U.S.S.R. were working to dominate the world with communism, U.S. policy makers beginning with Eisenhower and Kennedy thought it necessary to prevent the communists from taking over in Vietnam, something they thought would lead to communist takeovers in all of S.E. Asia.

They were pretty much correct, and after the U.S. abandoned the war, the communists killed millions in S.E. Asia and instituted policies that kept people in poverty.

Vietnam is doing better now since they ditched communism and started using crony capitalism under control of the Communist Party, but it's a long way from freedom for the Vietnamese people.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #151 - May 31st, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on May 30th, 2018 at 11:27pm:
I oppose faith because if I try to believe fiction, even without violence, I will end up in a straitjacket, but if they believe fiction, they get to blow people up or stone hookers to death.

When the standard should be that you get punished depending depending on whether you've committed violence or not, rather than whether you believe the correct illogical nonsense or the incorrect illogical nonsense.
The standard is that your speech and conscience are free, but you are not free to commit violence against others.

Just because you don't believe doesn't make God into "fiction".

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #152 - May 31st, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:31pm:
The Vietnamese were fighting to get rid of the French.

Yeah, the French gave up.

Quote:
Because there was communist involvement and both China and the U.S.S.R. were working to dominate the world with communism, U.S. policy makers beginning with Eisenhower and Kennedy thought it necessary to prevent the communists from taking over in Vietnam, something they thought would lead to communist takeovers in all of S.E. Asia.

Yeah, that's what they thought. Or at least they said they thought. They really wanted to make Vietnam another capitalist country, complete with US military bases. Eisenhower and Kennedy were evil Nazi fascists who were intent on carrying on Adolph's work.

Quote:
They were pretty much correct, and after the U.S. abandoned the war, the communists killed millions in S.E. Asia and instituted policies that kept people in poverty.

The truth is that US aggression has killed millions in nearly 40 US led wars since WW2 alone. Why Craig, Vietnam is one of them!

Quote:
Vietnam is doing better now since they ditched communism and started using crony capitalism under control of the Communist Party, but it's a long way from freedom for the Vietnamese people.

Vietnam is definitely doing better now that they have unified their country and driven the US aggressor out with their tails between their legs. And they're still communists too!

Have you been drinking and using street drugs again?

Do you think the world will ever be able to escape US military aggression? How long before Cuba and Venezuela become prosperous communist countries under the protective wings of China and Russia.

Oh, and Syria and Iraq too?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #153 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Vietnam is definitely doing better now that they have unified their country and driven the US aggressor out with their tails between their legs. And they're still communists too!

Vietnam is still a one party Communist State, but they no longer even pretend to use any sort of communist economic system, which is why they are doing better now.

Even crony capitalism as it existed in 18th Century England was better than communism, which is probably why the Vietnamese Communist Party adopted it.

How many Vietnamese did the Communists kill after the U.S. left?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #154 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Vietnam is still a one party Communist State, but they no longer even pretend to use any sort of communist economic system, which is why they are doing better now.

Like I said, they're communists. But even more important is that they are evolving at their own speed, as I've been telling you all along. Cuba is doing the same and becoming prosperous against the odds the US imposes on their country. China is coming to their rescue!

Which incidentally, is why Vietnam has been able to succeed under communism. Gee Craig, thanks! I hope you feel the same way when you sober up?

Quote:
How many Vietnamese did the Communists kill after the U.S. left?

Maybe none? It's probably all US hate propaganda and sour grapes because of the licking the US got. Although I do believe that they had to cut some heads off of some of the traitors. Could account for a lot of the missing americans too, but that would just be a guess.

Why are you so angry about Vietnam's communist success?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #155 - May 31st, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Like I said, they're communists.
Right, so it can be expected they'll kill a lot of people and maybe starve even more until they smarten up and realize that a thousand year old system of political economy actually works better than communism, because it is more free and therefore more fair.

It is not fair to have oligarchs and cronies, but it works better than communism, therefore bringing in more revenue to the cronies and the Party.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why Statists Ridicule "thoughts and prayers."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy