Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed. (Read 1215 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Reply #20 - May 26th, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Obviously Trump is feeling left out and not getting any attention, so he's starting to hint as getting the summit bak on again.

https://www.rt.com/news/427852-north-korea-moon-jae/

Trump's not saying if N.K. has said that they will get rid of all their nuclear weapons.

I kinda think Kim hasn't?

Anyway, the picture that goes with this story is a great one. I wanted Ruby to see it especially so she could say how disgusting it is.

She'll probably say they're gay.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 27th, 2018 at 6:51am
Print Post  
No, Don, you're confused.  Billie didn't know who I was referring to, that's all.  How about you staying out of other people's conversations since you're so bad at reading comprehension?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 27th, 2018 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Like you would know what Trump is feeling, Don.  I think Trump is an asshole, and I hate the way he gets petty and shoots off his mouth.  And I wish he was a Libertarian.  That being said, it's refreshing to have a president who stands up to N. Korea and China.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 27th, 2018 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
Obviously Trump is feeling left out and not getting any attention, so he's starting to hint as getting the summit bak on again.

https://www.rt.com/news/427852-north-korea-moon-jae/

Trump's not saying if N.K. has said that they will get rid of all their nuclear weapons.

That's a picture worth a thousand words. 

I think that North Korea would verifiably give up its nukes if the US would sign an end to the war and guarantee to them in front of the Chinese, the Russians, and the rest of the world that it will no longer seek regime change there.

I still think that the Deep State neoconservatives will not tolerate this, despite the fact that Kim seems to have boxed the US into a corner, but I'll be glad to be wrong.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - May 27th, 2018 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 8:04am:

I think that North Korea would verifiably give up its nukes if the US would sign an end to the war and guarantee to them in front of the Chinese, the Russians, and the rest of the world that it will no longer seek regime change there.

I still think that the Deep State neoconservatives will not tolerate this, despite the fact that Kim seems to have boxed the US into a corner, but I'll be glad to be wrong.
It's North and South Korea who are still officially at war.

Communists aren't trustworthy Tom, not even in the bastard form it's taken in North Korea, and both China and Russia have very strong interests in what happens in Korea. So for that matter does Japan.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 27th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 8:04am:

I think there is nothing the US could ever do to satisfy N.K. that it would be safe from US aggression. Therefore, N.K. is not going to give up it's nuclear negotiating power. Except perhaps with a guarantee from China that N.K. is forever under China's wing of protection.

Quote:

The US is known to not be content with anything less than ending any communist regime and installing US style capitalism.

Personally, I see great progress. That is, great progress for N.K. now that it has it's nuclear negotiating power. And a great step backwards for US aggression.

keeping in mind that the end game is to eliminate US influence from the Korean peninsula.

All this deserves a discussion that's based on reality, not based on Trump's foolish bloviating.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 27th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Not much more than we already know but at least a hint:

https://www.rt.com/news/427938-kim-doubts-security-guarantee/

Moon speaking.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - May 28th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
I hate the idea that the regime will go on oppressing and starving its people.  I read a fascinating book by Yeonmi Park, who escaped from N. Korea.  You can tell her growth was stunted because of malnutrition.  John Stossel interviewed her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOhl84zf8pE

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - May 28th, 2018 at 8:09am
Print Post  

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - May 28th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Trump lost control?  He didn't have control to begin with, and never claimed to have it.  He never claimed the summit would be a success.  His words were, "we'll see."  He knows better than to trust little rocket man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy