Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed. (Read 1461 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Reply #70 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 4:36pm:
No one wants to read the details of what you, Thumbelina, and her four sisters are doing, Don.
I'm transported back to the 8th Grade!

Thanks Ruby. Kiss

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm transported back to the 8th Grade!

That's where Don has been all this time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 6:57pm:
I think you give the Dink too much credit Ruby. Grin

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 6:57pm:

Ruby, you don't have the ability to piss me off. That's about as weak as the Chief's laughing man.

Think about it Ruby. You have to get personal by finding my weaknesses or insecurities. You would perhaps learn that from reading the ways I use against others. Just be careful that you're not being conned into trying something that I really don't care about. 

My insults I use on you are judged by me on their effectiveness to what reaction I get out of you. You're especially patriotic so saying something about your country like, it's a shithole that reeks of poverty, racism, and hate for other peoples, will get you cranked up.

You need to try to get the same kind of reaction out of me.

Now using the reverse on Canada won't work with me. I couldn't give a fuk about criticism that means nothing and I welcome criticism that is warranted.

You're going to have to find something that works on me. And don't look to Craig Sickler because he doesn't have a clue either. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My insults I use on you are judged by me on their effectiveness to what reaction I get out of you.
How well have you done by calling Ruby a fat ugly skank Dink?

Is it working? Has thermie approved that you can continue to call Ruby a fat ugly skank?

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Just three more days to go.

It's inconceivable to me that the deep state/MIC, so heavily invested in joint military operations with South Korea and a blockade of North Korea, will allow the possibility of South Korea falling out of control of the US.

And since desperate times call for desperate measures, it will not be surprising if some tragic accident befalls President Moon or possibly Kim or Trump in the next few days, or if Trump flat-out changes his mind again or can't attend due to a crisis with Melania or something.

And as the article below indicates, when push come to shove leading Democrats are always as much in the pockets of the MIC as Republicans are.
https://original.antiwar.com/Simone_Chun/2018/06/08/toward-a-truly-indigenous-pe...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:37am:
It's inconceivable to me that the deep state/MIC, so heavily invested in joint military operations with South Korea and a blockade of North Korea, will allow the possibility of South Korea falling out of control of the US.

"The minimum that the United States can do at this historic moment is to refrain from harming the inter-Korean peace process. It’s time that American politicians, both Democratic and Republicans, give Koreans a chance to shape their own destiny."

I think many people have set the bar too high.

Trump made it pretty clear that any peace accord with NoKo would likely take years.  There's not going to be any agreement made in this first meeting (if it takes place).

Kim will agree to de-nuclearize only if Trump will remove all US Military assets from the Korean Peninsula.  Which, of course won't happen.

So this meeting's purpose is just to break the ice, and clear a path for future meetings.

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  

And since desperate times call for desperate measures, it will not be surprising if some tragic accident befalls President Moon or possibly Kim or Trump in the next few days, or if Trump flat-out changes his mind again or can't attend due to a crisis with Melania or something.

And as the article below indicates, when push come to shove leading Democrats are always as much in the pockets of the MIC as Republicans are.
https://original.antiwar.com/Simone_Chun/2018/06/08/toward-a-truly-indigenous-pe...

I think that both you and the Chief aren't getting the right read on this summit that's coming up. You're both looking at it from the POV of US gain. To begin with, I doubt if that's even Trump's goal.

Trump is so childishly simple minded that his main goal is to be contrary to established norms. That's rapidly proving out now. If he's told not to interfere with US/N.K. relations, he will to make his point that he can.

Remember, the only thing that changed was N.K. increase in negotiating strength due to it's nuclear deterrent. That sets the stage for what can be expected.

S.K.'s, N.K.'s, and China's goals are the same on the surface. They're all looking at reunification of the Koreas.

If you look at N.K.'s nuclear capabllity as a huge negotiating ace in the hole that can be bargained away then that hints as what would be expected of the US in return.

And N.K.'s nukes 'can' be bargained away because N.K. loses no security at all. China's nuclear weapons have N.K.'s back.

Everybody stands to win!

Well, except for the US because Trump might be conned into giving something away.

All that is important to Trump is to be able to spin the outcome as a win for him. That will make everybody winners!

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  

Tom, this one I found at antiwar.com is a good one to read if you haven't already.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/preventative-war-the-one-way-don...

First off, what I find so interesting is the onesided perspective of American conservatives in that they speak of America's deterrent but not how nukes are the same deterrent for N.K.

But also an interesting thought would be that N.K. could use a nuclear weapon against S.K. and the US wouldn't respond with a nuclear attack on North Korea.

Impossible? Maybe not? The US would have to consider the chance of keeping a nuclear war regional and not global. If the US attacked N.K. in kind then China and Russia would also be faced with the same question.

So the article is correct in saying that the US is never going to hit N.K. with nuclear weapons. The US's nukes are a deterrent only. That leaves the only other possibility of N.K. taking the rist nuclear shot.

That could be the incentive the US has to negotiate. It's an incentive to give something away!

Anyway, the article does raise some interesting questions!

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
To me Kim is playing the ld Br'er Rabbit trick.  "You can boil me in oil, skin me alive, but please don't throw me into that briar patch," ie, "... but please don't make me give up my nuclear weapons."

I think that Kim WANTS to give up his nuclear weapons, normalize relations with South Korea, and get all those burdensome US sanctions removed, as long as the US, China, and Russia all guarantee that he won't end up like Saddam Hussein and Moamar Caddophy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy