Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed. (Read 1460 times)
Dong
Ex Member

Re: N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Reply #80 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:30pm:
To me Kim is playing the ld Br'er Rabbit trick.  "You can boil me in oil, skin me alive, but please don't throw me into that briar patch," ie, "... but please don't make me give up my nuclear weapons."

I think that Kim WANTS to give up his nuclear weapons, normalize relations with South Korea, and get all those burdensome US sanctions removed, as long as the US, China, and Russia all guarantee that he won't end up like Saddam Hussein and Moamar Caddophy.

That could be Tom!

As long as you're not considering that Kim is talking from a position of fearing US reprecussions because there doesn't seem to be any logic in thinking that.

Kim has faced worse threats from the US before this and also, he now has the nukes. And frankly, there's no way to imagine that China doesn't have his back.

That's not saying your theory is incorrect. My question to you is, how can Kim be guaranteed that he and his  country will be safe?

The inevitable end conclusion is that no country can be safe against US aggression without nuclear weapons.

If it's applicable to what you're suggesting then my answer to my own question is that N.K. and Kim have known all along that China's nukes keep him and his country safe.

This now becomes a negotiation that's interest is in getting the US off the Korean peninsula. It's likely nothing else, regardless of what the US/Trump think it is about.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think that Kim WANTS to give up his nuclear weapons, normalize relations with South Korea, and get all those burdensome US sanctions removed, as long as the US, China, and Russia all guarantee that he won't end up like Saddam Hussein and Moamar Caddophy.

Yep, he knows he can't win in a showdown.

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm:

You're as stupid as a gatepost Ruby. You really don't get it at all do you.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:17pm:

I share the other side of the gate with you.

Not only can he not win, the tiresome sanctions are impeding North Korean prosperity despite ways to get around them, and Kim has had to live with the US Sword of Damocles over his head, since all these US war games are probably prep for trying to take out all of North Korea's nukes with one swift strike along with killing Kim in the process.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:48am
Print Post  
It'll be interesting to see what happens, Tom.  I wish Kim's people would just rise up and slaughter the bastard.  He needs to go the way of Mussolini.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:05am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:48am:
It'll be interesting to see what happens, Tom.  I wish Kim's people would just rise up and slaughter the bastard.  He needs to go the way of Mussolini.

Kim Jong-un looks a lot like his grandfather, Kim il-sung, who fought against the Japanese in China and later became the first communist leader of North Korea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Il-sung

I don't particularly want to defend his hereditary dictatorship, but I don't see him as being any more evil than the Saudi Arabian Wahhabi hereditary dictatorship that the Pentagon loves so much, or the brutal and repressive dictatorship of Mohammed Fattah al-Sisi in Egypt that the US CENTCOM helped install after overthrowing Egypt's democratically-elected parliament, and which US taxpayers support with hundreds of millions of dollars per year in aid.

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:14am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 5:48am:

The people of North Korea know that it's not Kim's fault they suffer. N.Korea is one of many countries that have suffered under cruel US sanctions.

The US raign of terror over small coutnries that won't bow to US demands is now coming to an end.

It has nothing to do with evil dictators, it's got everything to do with the way Cuba needed to drive out US corruption too. N.Korea is intent on keeping it out.

And also nearly 40 US wars of aggression since WW2 alone. None of those countries that failed to stop the US are any better off today. Vietnam and Cuba are!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
My question is:  Will Kim Jong un remain in power after the de-nuclearization and reunification with South Korea?

If so, will South Korean government remain intact, or will the reunified Korea be ruled by Kim Jong Un?

Will Moon Jae-in be handed his walking papers?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Tom, I wish we in the West wouldn't associate with evil regimes.  I say leave them alone until they get an enlightenment.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Don, N. Koreans are starving because of their oppressive government.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › N.K./Trump Summit in June May be Delayed.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy