Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned? (Read 2153 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Reply #120 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
fair1
[fair]
SynonymsExamplesWord Origin
See more synonyms for fair on Thesaurus.com
adjective, fair·er, fair·est.
free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice:
a fair decision; a fair judge.
legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules:
a fair fight.
moderately large; ample:
a fair income.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm not interested in playing to you Alayne, or the chief. That's a waste of time.

But showing solid evidence of the kind of scamming the chief is involved in, furthers the perception of anyone observing on this forum. So challenge yourself and tell me if you understand the meaning of the word 'fair'.

And make it bloody quick because I'm already at the end of my patience with you!

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #121 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
fair1
I'm not interested in playing to you Alayne, or the chief. That's a waste of time.

But showing solid evidence of the kind of scamming the chief is involved in, furthers the perception of anyone observing on this forum. So challenge yourself and tell me if you understand the meaning of the word 'fair'.

And make it bloody quick because I'm already at the end of my patience with you!

As usual, you're over-emotional, and irrational.

Take a deep breath, and try this:

Just type the words  free trade definition in your browser search bar.

You should see something like this:

international trade left to its natural course without tariffs, quotas, or other restrictions.

Now, type the words  fair trade definition in your browser search bar.

You should see something like this:

Fair trade is a social movement whose stated goal is to help producers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions.

Now you're more informed, and better equipped to discuss trade policies.   Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #122 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I think arguing by the dictionary should be its own fallacy.

Everywhere I've seen it used, it is a fallacy.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
No couner-argument from me is necessary. The meaning of the word 'fair' is clear to everyone.

What great ambassadores you two make for libertarianism!  Embarrassed

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #124 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No couner-argument from me is necessary. The meaning of the word 'fair' is clear to everyone.

Yes, the meaning of the word fair is clear.

The meaning of the term "fair trade" is not equivalent to the meaning of the term fair.

Human language (I would actually say particularly English) is not perfectly logical; not perfectly categorical. You know this, and you're pretending it is so you can win. See all those other definitions of fair? This means fair is not a categorical term.

Do you know what a false flag operation is? You know it needn't literally involve a flag, right?

Could I go to the dictionary, see that the definition of flag is X, and then claim false flag means X?

All this is sad because I am not against giving producers in developing countries advantages. I am arguing against a bad, fallacious argument for giving producers in developing countries trade advantages.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #125 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:17pm:
Yes, the meaning of the word fair is clear.

The meaning of the term "fair trade" is not equivalent to the meaning of the term fair.

Human language (I would actually say particularly English) is not perfectly logical; not perfectly categorical. You know this, and you're pretending it is so you can win. See all those other definitions of fair? This means fair is not a categorical term.

Do you know what a false flag operation is? You know it needn't literally involve a flag, right?

Could I go to the dictionary, see that the definition of flag is X, and then claim false flag means X?

All this is sad because I am not against giving producers in developing countries advantages. I am arguing against a bad, fallacious argument for giving producers in developing countries trade advantages.

Your argument falls far short of being on the genius level. It falls into the category of 'mediocrity' because it's based on bias toward your country.

In order to eliminate that bias you would have to argue some other topic with me.

I see no relevance to your parallel of the false flag case. It doesn't even meet the test of being an analogy. But I'm actually hopeful you could come up with an analogy in which you can change the meaning of 'fair' to something that means the opposite. Attack that adjective to anything your wish.

Let this be a test of your ability to show you are a genius!

I've told you already that I fall within the category of 'very gifted' or 'extremely gifted', according to the authority. I'm suggesting that you don't meet even that level and so you aren't intellectually capable of fooling me.

I do know that it's very, very important to you to pretend thogh, and that's what makes this discussion worth my time. I'm finding out what makes you tick and I'm finding that it's not really all that complicated.

Albeit, teenage hormonal changes can be a bit tricky at times.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #126 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Oppo, are you involved in Scientology? Or were you in the past and have hung on to some of their teaching? If so then it would be a beginning of an explanation of your feelings toward your mother.

If you would like to discuss why that is, just stay with this conversation and I'll tell you.

or even better still, you tell me what the connection would be?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #127 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oppo, are you involved in Scientology? Or were you in the past and have hung on to some of their teaching? If so then it would be a beginning of an explanation of your feelings toward your mother.

No shit?

Tell me more, thanks.

Edit: BTW, you do know that the lizard says it's mother tries to kill it whenever she gets the  chance?

Edit 2: The lizard must be old, otherwise it would most likely have been aborted... Who knows.

Does anybody know the lizards mother?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #128 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
No shit?

Tell me more, thanks.

Edit: BTW, you do know that the lizard says it's mother tries to kill it whenever she gets the  chance?

Edit 2: The lizard must be old, otherwise it would most likely have been aborted... Who knows.

Does anybody know the lizards mother?

If Oppo has been involved with Scientology I 'will' tell you more. Otherwise you will have to read up on Ron Hubard's fantasy world   on attempted abortions.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #129 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If Oppo has been involved with Scientology I 'will' tell you more.
How will you know? You trust the lizard not to lie?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy