Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned? (Read 3400 times)
AlayneLeung
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Reply #60 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
SkyChief, here in Independence, Missouri, there have been warning labels on packages of cigarettes.

Jeff, the CPSC, FCC, and FTC can submit legislation for the President to send to Congress to review, edit, and vote for via the Preamble of the Constitution of the United States regarding "insure domestic tranquility" and Amendment IX; that's what I was getting at.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:27pm:
SkyChief, here in Independence, Missouri, there have been warning labels on packages of cigarettes.

In the 30 + years I have been buying/smoking cigars, I have never see a warning of any kind about the dangerous effects of smoking tobacco.

Maybe it's a California thing.

Are there warning labels on cigars in Independence, Missouri?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:27pm:
Jeff, the CPSC, FCC, and FTC can submit legislation...
No, they can't. All they can do is offer ideas and advice if the President asks them to.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:58pm:
In the 30 + years I have been buying/smoking cigars, I have never see a warning of any kind about the dangerous effects of smoking tobacco.

Maybe it's a California thing.

Are there warning labels on cigars in Independence, Missouri?
There is a warning on the juice I buy for vaping-

"NICOTINE IS DERIVED FROM TOBACCO. NICOTINE IS ADDICTIVE".

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff, I meant that the CPSC, FCC, and FTC can submit ideas or advice for legislation to whoever is President and he or she can submit said ideas or said advice for legislation to Congress to review, edit in accordance with "insure domestic tranquility" via Amendment IX, and vote for.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 4:45pm:
Jeff, I meant that the CPSC, FCC, and FTC can submit ideas or advice for legislation...
Anybody can do that. You can advise Supreme Court Justices about how to decide cases too. Smiley

Anyway, what the bureaucrats in those agencies can do is make rules that the Supreme Court says are effectively laws.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 11:47am:
"Active Shooter" encourages players open fire inside classrooms and auditoriums as a heavy metal soundtrack thumps in the background, and is set to launch on June 6.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-video-game-prompts-outrage-a...

It's in bad taste - no question about it.   But it should be allowed to be released, imo. 

Let the market decide if the video game is successful or a flop.

That is not real libertarianism. Promoting violence  in the name of freedoms and rights is taking the political ideology of libertarianism to the extreme that won't be tolerated by even Americans.

However, the more violent Americans will as they cut off their noses to spite their faces.

For the sake of the rest of the world and our future wellbeing, the US is going to have to be forced to turn all their guns and weapons of war into knitting needles.

Then be taught to use them in peaceful ways such as knitting socks for the world's needy.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That is not real libertarianism. Promoting violence  in the name of freedoms and rights is taking the political ideology of libertarianism to the extreme that won't be tolerated by even Americans...

Wrong. It is the essence of "real" liberarianism.

SkyChief wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 11:47am:
It's in bad taste - no question about it.   But it should be allowed to be released. 

Let the market decide if the video game is successful or a flop.

"Real" Libertarianism is about letting the free market pick the winners and the losers - NOT the government.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
Wrong. It is the essence of "real" liberarianism.

"Real" Libertarianism is about letting the free market pick the winners and the losers - NOT the government.

You don't seem to be able to accept that the 'government' is led by the people, and the people decide on what is the free market.

This is being deomonstrated by Trump now as has never been the norm in the past. The American people have reached to point of desperation that has resulted in bringing a tyrant to power. Bad government and tyranny are supported by the very worst of US society.

Your corrupted government is yours, you all helped to make it and now you will suffer the consequences as the rest of the world brings punishment down on your country.

You must return to a normal and peaceloving government and that's the task of the people to bring about.

When you say 'no' to violence and violent video games, you will be saying 'no more' to violence loving government.

Make love, not war. Help me to set my boss on the right track. Maybe supporting more women politicians would be a start!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You don't seem to be able to accept that the 'government' is led by the people, and the people decide on what is the free market.

This is being deomonstrated by Trump now as has never been the norm in the past. The American people have reached to point of desperation that has resulted in bringing a tyrant to power. Bad government and tyranny are supported by the very worst of US society.

Your corrupted government is yours, you all helped to make it and now you will suffer the consequences as the rest of the world brings punishment down on your country.

You must return to a normal and peaceloving government and that's the task of the people to bring about.

When you say 'no' to violence and violent video games, you will be saying 'no more' to violence loving government.

Make love, not war. Help me to set my boss on the right track. Maybe supporting more women politicians would be a start!
Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Are you saying "It's time we had a woman President so she could Mother us all and protect us from harm and nurture us." (Elizabeth Warren Shocked... As a young child I would have screamed if she looked at me and kicked her if she touched me.

Red can tell you what mental disorder that is a symptom of.

Probably not. Probably you are thinking Nancy Pelosi's "seat" is now hereditary and must be passed on to some other crazy "progressive" woman? And that to do any less would once again send all American women into the harem? 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Active Shooter - The Video Game - Should It Be Banned?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy