Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Deadpool 2
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Deadpool 2 (Read 649 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Deadpool 2
Reply #50 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:22am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:06am:
But how much money do we spend on illegal immigrants, Jeff?  We have to educate their children and provide them with free healthcare.  Maybe the over $300 million in foreign aid we give Mexico each year can be used to pay for the wall?
It's a good idea to educate the children, but leave the decision up to local school boards and local taxpayers who have control over who they educate and who they don't.

"Free" health care isn't required to be provided to anyone unless you agree that the collectivists are right and Medicare/Medicaid and the ACA are good things.

On the whole, immigrants are more law abiding and productive than the average native of the U.S., and they almost all pay taxes, and certainly all would if they weren't threatened constantly with deportation.

$300 million/year will get the wall built in just over 60 years Ruby, but that's not counting routine maintenance and the additional border agents to staff the wall. Besides, the $10 million/mile figure doesn't include the cost of all the land that needs to be condemned under eminent domain and paid for.

We need to eliminate the welfare state, enact sane immigration laws and stop the war on drugs.

Bad government policy can't be fixed by walling off America.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:22am:
On the whole, immigrants are more law abiding and productive than the average native of the U.S., and they almost all pay taxes, and certainly all would if they weren't threatened constantly with deportation.

$300 million/year will get the wall built in just over 60 years Ruby, but that's not counting routine maintenance and the additional border agents to staff the wall. Besides, the $10 million/mile figure doesn't include the cost of all the land that needs to be condemned under eminent domain and paid for.

We need to eliminate the welfare state, enact sane immigration laws and stop the war on drugs.

Bad government policy can't be fixed by walling off America.

Well stated Craig and another huge smackdown for Ruby. You're going to drive that girl away from this forum if you keep that up. And in case you were still wondering, that's 'socially responsible government' you're talking about.

Your only small mistakes are that small school boards aren't consistent in being socially responsible and Medicare/Medicaid provided health care to some of the people a lot more efficiently and cheaper than the 'for profit' crony corporations.

I'm giving you a B- for getting most of it right. 6 months ago you wouldn't have received any better than a C-.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff, I said, "ILLEGAL immigrants."  They are not a net benefit to us.  How much in taxes could low paid workers be paying?  Probably not much.  And they do get free healthcare anytime they walk into an ER.  Plus, their children get a free education.  And being poor, they would be taking charity.  How much of the world's poor can we take in?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Jeff, I said, "ILLEGAL immigrants."  They are not a net benefit to us. 
They come here to work and send money home so their families won't starve in Mexico, or Central or South America.

They hope to bring their entire family and all of their friends to a place where they can find work and advance if they are capable and conscientious and willing, and to a place where their children might also have a chance.

That's exactly the type of people who created America.

I like them.

I know some of them. I won't divulge their assumed identities. I can resist waterboarding because decades of Hatha Yoga gave me pretty good control of my physical self.

That's not true of everybody... I bet Obama would drown in short order while screaming like a baby.

Lucky O, he will never be waterboarded.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Jeff, I said, "ILLEGAL immigrants."  They are not a net benefit to us.  How much in taxes could low paid workers be paying?  Probably not much.  And they do get free healthcare anytime they walk into an ER.  Plus, their children get a free education.  And being poor, they would be taking charity.  How much of the world's poor can we take in?

Just another smackdown for you Rubes. Maybe you should try to find somebody to buddy up with that agrees with your ignorant ideas sometimes? Try Oppo, nobody can really understand what his position is on anything. Or try thermf5, nobody can understand his positions period!

Or just stop disagreeing with me and you'll be fine.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Try Oppo, nobody can really understand what his position is on anything.
I understand the lizard pretty well I think. It takes consistent positions but is very erratic about supporting them.

thermie is pretty transparent too if you can stand to try to decipher his muddled presentations.

You Dong, deserve disagreement as a given.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #56 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:44pm:
You Dong, deserve disagreement as a given.

This will always be so with you Craig. There's too much water under your bridge to ever allow you to understand good and socially responsible government.

I mean really? A libertarian? And one who thinks building 7 was an inside job? 

And then makes an ass of himself when he runs away from the debate? Do you think I would even want to find agreement with that kind of a racists wingnut?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Jeff, we can find those type of people among the LEGAL immigrants.  We do not have to accept the illegal with the legal, why must we have open borders?  And BTW, the immigrants who built America weren't getting free stuff from the government.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
‘Utter chaos’: ICE arrests 114 workers in immigration raid at Ohio gardening company
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/06/06/utter-chaos-ice-ar...

Quote:
Officials expect to charge the undocumented workers with identity theft and tax evasion.

Wow, illegal immigrants engaging in tax evasion?  Who would have guessed?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 8:34am:
Jeff, we can find those type of people among the LEGAL immigrants.  We do not have to accept the illegal with the legal, why must we have open borders?  And BTW, the immigrants who built America weren't getting free stuff from the government.

That's just asking for another smackdown Ruby.

But for you today, I'm predicting it coming from Craig and that 'may' serve to keep him silent on the issue of open borders.

You're a hatefilled racist little thing Ruby and you're getting dangerously close to moving up ahead of Sickler on my scale.

Lately, nearly everything you say has been an attempt to portray yourself as a racist in order to send the message that racism is justified. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Deadpool 2
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy