Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Red Pills: New Generation Wakes People Up
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Red Pills: New Generation Wakes People Up (Read 397 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Red Pills: New Generation Wakes People Up
Reply #30 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
Chief, I think you are irrational right now.

If you think I'm wrong, please tell me how and I will apologize profusely. Thanks.

Have you joined a Cargo Cult?

Nice answer Craig. The Chief just refuses to moderate his beliefs in libertarianism and that gets him what he deserves.

The belief in others that he's off the wall, batshit crazy, and libertarianism is a total lost cause.

Now if he could take a moderated and sensible approach to taxations???

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 5:51pm:
Chief, I think you are irrational right now.

If you think I'm wrong, please tell me how and I will apologize profusely. Thanks.

Have you joined a Cargo Cult?

I'm quite rational.

The "Tax Burden" is a moonbat construct designed to soak the wealth from productive people so it can can be re-distributed among the non-productive.

Roughly 1/3 of taxes/tariffs ARE necessary to sustain a viable government/infrastructure.

Roughly 2/3 of taxes/tariffs are designed for wealth re-distribution/cronyism/entitlements/foreign intervention.

The trick is to separate the essential taxes/tariffs from the non-essential taxes/tariffs.

Ask me how!   Smiley

(hint:  spending cuts)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 6:34am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:35pm:
I'm quite rational.

The "Tax Burden" is a moonbat construct designed to soak the wealth from productive people so it can can be re-distributed among the non-productive.

Roughly 1/3 of taxes/tariffs ARE necessary to sustain a viable government/infrastructure.

Roughly 2/3 of taxes/tariffs are designed for wealth re-distribution/cronyism/entitlements/foreign intervention.

The trick is to separate the essential taxes/tariffs from the non-essential taxes/tariffs.

Ask me how!   Smiley

(hint:  spending cuts)

Yes but, you said this-

"They all (rich, poor and middle-class) should be paying ZERO percent of the tax burden.

With the proper (libertarian) leadership, we could eliminate the tax burden altogether!"

Unless you expect to reduce expenditures for government to zero, revenue has to come from somewhere.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 6:34am:
Yes but, you said this-

"They all (rich, poor and middle-class) should be paying ZERO percent of the tax burden.

With the proper (libertarian) leadership, we could eliminate the tax burden altogether!"

Unless you expect to reduce expenditures for government to zero, revenue has to come from somewhere.

I should have said income tax burden.

Income Tax is not essential.  Most of it is used for re-distribution or (unneeded) military expansion. Only a third is actually needed to run government.  This can be funded with other taxes/tarrifs

Say for example a wage earner makes 80 grand a year.   He pays $26k to Federal and $12k to the State in income taxes, or nearly half of his wages to government.

If we eliminated income tax, he would have an extra $24k discretionary funds to buy stuff with.  (around $14k would be spent on increases of VAT taxes and tarrifs)

$24k would be put back into the economy...  X 126 million (the number of full-time employed)

IT MEANS THAT OVER $3 TRILLION WOULD BE PUT BACK INTO THE ECONOMY EACH YEAR.

WOW!!  Shocked

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
I should have said income tax burden.

Income Tax is not essential.  Most of it is used for re-distribution or (unneeded) military expansion. Only a third is actually needed to run government.  This can be funded with other taxes/tarrifs

Say for example a wage earner makes 80 grand a year.   He pays $26k to Federal and $12k to the State in income taxes, or nearly half of his wages to government.

If we eliminated income tax, he would have an extra $24k discretionary funds to buy stuff with.  (around $14k would be spent on increases of VAT taxes and tarrifs)

$24k would be put back into the economy...  X 126 million (the number of full-time employed)

IT MEANS THAT OVER $3 TRILLION WOULD BE PUT BACK INTO THE ECONOMY EACH YEAR.

WOW!!  Shocked
Yes, that would be great, but the real trick is to separate legitimate government spending from spending that is not legitimate, and that requires constituting a government that has firm guidelines and is strictly controlled.

If you have a government constituted so it has the power to do whatever it sees as necessary for the welfare of anybody anywhere, they will spend lots of money and need lots of taxes, and if you give them the power to tax for the purpose of national defense, then you've given them the power to tax.

BTW, you should say $3 trillion will be left with the people who earned it, and, the only reason it costs so much to run the government is because we have so much of it. Huge bureaucracies are expensive to operate.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2018 at 5:54pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:32pm:
...the real trick is to separate legitimate government spending from spending that is not legitimate, and that requires constituting a government that has firm guidelines and is strictly controlled.

That's a toughie because we don't have anyone to audit the government.  They are self-auditing. The GAO is a government funded agency, so they cannot be trusted to blow the whistle on wasteful spending.  There's an obvious conflict of interest.  But one thing will always be true:

MONEY = POWER

By taking away the (funding from) income tax, we take away power from the gov't and power goes back to the people which is what the founders intended.

"The two enemies of the People are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
That's a toughie because we don't have anyone to audit the government.  They are self-auditing. The fox demands that he guards the hen house.

MONEY = POWER

By taking away the (funding from) income tax, we take away power from the gov't and power goes back to the people which is what the founders intended.

"The two enemies of the People are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Your country and it's government is totally corrupt Chief, and you know that very well. You provide new examples of that every day. That's what drove you to be a libertarian.

What you don't do and must start doing is speaking out against the Nazi tactics of Trump. They are a mirror image of how Hitler led the world to war in the 30's.

Some very few Americans are slowly coming to that realization even though there isn't a political side that can be seen as antiwar. So as Trump pretends to be the antiwar leader, he's actively starting trade wars with the rest of the world.

When those sort of tactics fail because of the rest of the world coming together to resist, is when military wars start in order for the aggrressor country to win.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:13pm:
That's a toughie because we don't have anyone to audit the government.  They are self-auditing.
The Constitution requires that they provide all of us availability to their books. What was spent and who got it and it's availability to everyone is our Supreme Law.

Currently, there are people in our government that are compensated well to audit their own or other bureaucracies. None of them are allowed access to adequate information to audit anything, and they are often instructed that standard accounting procedures don't apply to the government.

"Socially responsible" laws and the bureaucratic polices they create have brought us to this point... Nobody has a clue where trillions are going....

Other than libertarians of course, who have known since Classical days that the government and it's cronies were getting the money.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Red Pills: New Generation Wakes People Up
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy