Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Google Lists California Repubs as Nazis.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Google Lists California Repubs as Nazis. (Read 307 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Google Lists California Repubs as Nazis.
Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:23pm:
To me, that doesn't necessarily speak badly of California. Maybe the devil is in the details? It's just unfortunate that a decent discussion of the details is likely impossible.

Allow me to translate

"Authorizes $4 Billion in general obligation bonds for: Parks, Water Quality, and Climate adaptation."

Authorizes $4 Billion in general obligation bonds for: re-distribution of funds to selected (crony) contractors and research firms who would like us to enrich them with taxpayer's dollars.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:34pm:
Allow me to translate

"Authorizes $4 Billion in general obligation bonds for: Parks, Water Quality, and Climate adaptation."

Authorizes $4 Billion in general obligation bonds for: re-distribution of funds to selected (crony) contractors and research firms who would like us to enrich them with taxpayer's dollars.

Smiley

I hear what you're trying to say loud and clear Chief. But how can I possibly believe a libertarian who believes that income tax must be eliminated completely?

As far as I'm concerned, ahhell still has the credentials to offer a rational argument. But it wouldn't be as simple as just declaring it to be a corrupt initiative.

With the current atmosphere on this forum, no such rational discussion can take place.

I always invite you to give it a try though.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm:
I hear what you're trying to say loud and clear Chief. But how can I possibly believe a libertarian who believes that income tax must be eliminated completely?
What is really needed is a legal tax that doesn't pretend that working for wages gives you an income.

Owning lots of pretty good stocks can give you a good income. So can owning apartment buildings. So can investing in bonds.

Notice the common thread? None of these incomes require that you work.

Earning wages as a plumber requires that you work, sometimes at shitty jobs.

Notice how different the source of wealth is, one from the other?

One is not income. (Hint: Wages),

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:41pm:
The fact that Income Tax needs to be abolished is proof of my integrity.

I even went the extra step and offered a sensible plan to replace Income Taxes with other user taxes and tariffs.   

Income Tax revenues provide the funding for the War Machine.  It is arguably the reason for (most of) the corruption in Washington. By eliminating Income Taxes, we can put an end to crony capitalism.

Without Income Tax, government will lose the means to wage war around the globe.  Nearly all of the 800 (+) US Military bases scattered across the globe will need to close.  (we will need a few Naval bases to remain open for fuel/supply/repair of Naval ships)      Intervention will cease.

The US can once again return to utilizing our Military forces for protecting our homeland - which was its intended purpose, actually. (And keeping the Trade Lanes open.)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:57pm:
Without Income Tax, government will lose the means to wage war around the globe.  All of the 800 (+) US Military bases scattered across the globe will need to close.  Intervention will cease.

The US can once again return to utilizing our Military forces for protecting our homeland - which was its intended purpose, actually. (And keeping the Trade Lanes open.)
Yes, that all makes sense, but their is no guarantee that a government setting it's own limits will do what you think will somehow be imperative on them.

The Soviet Union and Mao's China never had much revenue to work with, but they devoted it to war and threats of war to the extent that they were willing to starve their own people, work them to death.

Edit: The Cuban people paid to export Communism all over south and Central America and even in Africa.

It wasn't accomplished by the voluntary donations of well off people. It was accomplished by Soviet support and the deprivation of Cubans.

What limits does our current government, operating under it's own interpretation of it's  own power have to prevent it from operating like the Soviet Union or Trump from becoming like Emperor Xi?

Should we depend on the Justice Department to save us from tyranny?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:10pm:
The Soviet Union and Mao's China never had much revenue to work with, but they devoted it to war and threats of war to the extent that they were willing to starve their own people, work them to death.

Neither the (former) Soviet Union nor Mao's China had the Constitutional limitations like the US Congress has.

"The first step in restoring liberty is to restore the limitations on government"  - SkyChief

Jeff wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:10pm:
What limits does our current government, operating under it's own interpretation of it's  own power have to prevent it from operating like the Soviet Union or Trump from becoming like Emperor Xi?

Should we depend on the Justice Department to save us from tyranny?

First, we must take away the funding to wage war.  Eliminate Income Taxes.  This will encourage growth in the private sector, and stop growth in government.

“If taxation without consent is not robbery, then any band of robbers have only to declare themselves a government, and all their robberies are legalized.”  - Lysander Spooner

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:27pm:
Neither the (former) Soviet Union nor Mao's China had the Constitutional limitations like the US Congress has.
What limits are placed on using the commerce clause to pursue the "general welfare" or the "common good"?

That's what Mao and the Soviets were doing, controlling the economy for everyone's benefit, just like Congress does now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
First, we must take away the funding to wage war.
How about just restoring the power to declare war to Congress and telling them they are not allowed to "delegate" any powers without first obtaining permission through legal Constitutional means?

Money is fungible, and the Fed can create more.

Edit: That reminds me, restore the power of Congress to coin money and keep it's value regular.

Give us a chance to vote the bastards out, which we can't do with Fed "Governors".

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  

"The first step in restoring liberty is to restore the limitations on government"  - SkyChief

First, we must take away the funding to wage war.  Eliminate Income Taxes.  This will encourage growth in the private sector, and stop growth in government.

You're a cockeyed optimist but at least you're passionate about your beliefs. Even though nobody else believes your nonsense.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 6:12pm:
You're a cockeyed optimist but at least you're passionate about your beliefs. Even though nobody else believes your nonsense.

Ron Paul believes it.    Others do as well;  John Stossel, Tucker Carlson, Austin Petersen, et al... We all support elimation of Income Tax.  I believe even Gary Johnson supports ending Income Tax,,  not sure, tho... I'll need to research that...

I'm in pretty good company!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Google Lists California Repubs as Nazis.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy