Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unemployment Rate
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unemployment Rate (Read 970 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Unemployment Rate
Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:43am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 2nd, 2018 at 5:53pm:
True, Jeff, but this is the same way they have been measuring it, and it is showing progress, no doubt because of tax cuts and the easing of regulations.  Hilary would never have accomplished this, so I'm grateful that she lost the election.  Trump isn't the Libertarian president I would like, who would get rid of whole departments in government and pay off the national debt, but he isn't Hilary either.  We take our victories where we can get them.

It's the way they've been measuring unemployment since 1994 Ruby, which is when they defined people who have stopped looking for work/aren't looking for work as "not unemployed" even though they are most certainly unemployed.

Lots of things are being manipulated to make things look better than they are before the next elections. It's a tradition. The Soviet Union did it all  the time, lied about their economy. China does too. So does everybody in the EU.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:43am:
It's the way they've been measuring unemployment since 1994 Ruby, which is when they defined people who have stopped looking for work/aren't looking for work as "not unemployed" even though they are most certainly unemployed.

Lots of things are being manipulated to make things look better than they are before the next elections. It's a tradition. The Soviet Union did it all  the time, lied about their economy. China does too. So does everybody in the EU.

Ruby, Craig Sickler is right on most of it but he always tries to transfer his country's guilt onto other countries. Your re-education that I'm trying to bring you requires you to rise above that sort of hate propaganda. It serves no useful purpose and it's meant to serve an evil purpose of demonizing a future enemy.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ruby, Craig Sickler is right on most of it but he always tries to transfer his country's guilt onto other countries. Your re-education that I'm trying to bring you requires you to rise above that sort of hate propaganda. It serves no useful purpose and it's meant to serve an evil purpose of demonizing a future enemy.
Countries don't have guilt. That's your collectivist mindset confusing you Dong.

Individuals make decisions.

Legitimately constituted governments empowered to make decisions on behalf of the country often make bad decisions, but the decisions are the responsibility of the people who make them, not "the country".

If you want to blame a specific group of people in the U.S. who have made decisions to go to war (starting with the Mexican War) blame "progressives". Libertarians are almost uniformly against war unless it is a war of self defense. And yes, "progressives" are very good at making up semi-plausible arguments that whichever war is essential for the continued existence of the nation.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 1:18pm:
Countries don't have guilt. That's your collectivist mindset confusing you Dong.

You could be right in a sense but you can't change society's perception. Think of N.K. for example and try to place the blame on Kim alone. Nope!

Quote:
Individuals make decisions.

of course.

Quote:
Legitimately constituted governments empowered to make decisions on behalf of the country often make bad decisions, but the decisions are the responsibility of the people who make them, not "the country".

O.k! The people are responsible. This meshes quite nicely for my assertion that the people in the WTC had it coming. From your perception, the people in N.K. will have had it coming. (supposing the US starts a war)

Quote:
If you want to blame a specific group of people in the U.S. who have made decisions to go to war (starting with the Mexican War) blame "progressives". Libertarians are almost uniformly against war unless it is a war of self defense. And yes, "progressives" are very good at making up semi-plausible arguments that whichever war is essential for the continued existence of the nation.

It was Americans who started all the wars. I see no other distinctions.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You could be right in a sense but you can't change society's perception.
Where do you learn how society perceives things, on a day to day basis?

Which society?

There is a Society of Friends nearby to me, but not even all of them have the same perceptions of everything.

Ask Red about it while he's helping you with your learning disability.

Let me guess, you get the scoop on societies perceptions from the folks at RT.ru?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
O.k! The people are responsible. This meshes quite nicely for my assertion that the people in the WTC had it coming.
You really are an evil crappity smacker aren't you lizard?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No Ruby, they changed the method of measuring unemployment when Trump took over. Didn't you know that either? Ask Sickler.

You need to stop pulling facts out of your ass, Don.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Jeff, the government can only hide so much.  We are doing better and I know it's because of the Left losing power.  And the Left is going nuts.  If they get in power again, they will most certainly raise taxes and regulations, they never learn.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
The people in the WTC were innocent victims, Don.  They didn't deserve to die.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 6:32pm:
Jeff, the government can only hide so much.
It seems they did a great job of hiding the real unemployment rate from you. In fact, it seems they have done a good job of hiding the real state of the economy from you. Did you read about GM?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unemployment Rate
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy