Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unemployment Rate
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unemployment Rate (Read 732 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Unemployment Rate
Reply #70 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 6:01am:
The children of illegals shouldn't be here at all.  I already posted an article about illegals rounded up just recently, they were working for a landscaping company in Ohio, and were arrested for identity theft and tax evasion.  Illegals have to steal other people's social security numbers or work under the table.  Working under the table means they're not paying the income taxes the rest of us have to pay.  You think they're a net benefit to us?  They're not.  They pay little in taxes and get free healthcare and education.  We need to save the money we spend on them for our own legal poor people.  Let Mexico try to solve its own poverty problems instead of unburdening their poor on us.
Yes, no one should ever break laws.

The problem is our immigration laws.

You're talking about people who are here with their families and working, doing jobs that there is a shortage of Americans willing to take on.

People with families doing landscaping aren't making enough money to be paying many (if any) 'income' taxes anyway.

Yes, "free" healthcare is a problem, but not because illegal immigrants are using it. Medicare and Medicaid and the ACA are destroying our medical care and going to shortly bankrupt the country because they are tied in tightly with Social Security.

Don't sweat a few children of illegal immigrants occasionally going to the emergency room. Young healthy working people like illegal immigrants don't need much medical care. They are a drop in the ocean compared to American retirees.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
You want me to mention The Slants again, and how they won their case against the Copyright bureaucrats and were allowed to call themselves The Slants?

OK, I did. It's a good illustration of how bureaucracies stooopidddlllyyy regulate individual liberty in the name of job security for them.

The bureaucrats who wrongly denied The Slants  from calling themselves what they freely chose to call themselves suffered not at all.

Bureaucrats who might have approved the band name The Slants would likely have lost their jobs for approving such a non PC name as The Slants. That would prove they were racist in PC eyes and that would make them unfit to work in a bureaucracy. Individuals are not appreciated in bureaucracies.

No Craig, you'll get away with that because you're making sure you don't express any outward racism. If you do then you know I'll report you and you will be punished for it.

But seeing how close you can get isn't fooling me. I know how the Klan works. I might move you up to #1 on my scale again for that.

You and Rubes seem to be in a competiation to see who can come the closest to expressing racist hate. I think I might causing both of you to do that. Control?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff, I'm not buying that those jobs can't be filled by people here legally.  How about getting people off Welfare and into those jobs?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:01pm:
Jeff, I'm not buying that those jobs can't be filled by people here legally.  How about getting people off Welfare and into those jobs?
Stop providing them an adequate living through "welfare" and they will take those jobs. If there aren't any available jobs for immigrants (and no welfare), they won't come.

What do you think people did before there was welfare? They took entry level or unskilled jobs as soon as they were adults, often to try to save enough money to get more education so they could get better jobs.

Welfare eliminates the need to be responsible for yourself, which causes all sorts of problems.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
So true, Jeff.  Besides, soon those jobs will be done by robots.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:01pm:
Jeff, I'm not buying that those jobs can't be filled by people here legally.

I doubt this as well. A few months back, NPR did a story about how hard it was for employers to get employees now.

One of the employers they talked to went on about how they only have a few dozen applications for any one position and how only one in ten applicants was good enough.

The job was to wash the elderly.

Now, if you're talking about morality, then yes, we have to let anyone in. It's aggression not to. It's aggression to use force to stop them from coming.

But there are plenty of Americans to do those jobs. Employers might just have to start lowering their expectations, if the job is to wash the elderly and they think only one in ten people is good enough to do that.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I still say if the government would just stop paying people to be lazy, we wouldn't have a problem filling those jobs with legal residents.  And we need to stop incentivizing people to come here illegally.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:09am:
I still say if the government would just stop paying people to be lazy, we wouldn't have a problem filling those jobs with legal residents.  And we need to stop incentivizing people to come here illegally. 

Right.

I offered a good plan/incentive for immigrants to work in the US legally without going through the cumbersome citizenship process (which can take over 2 years):

A Guest Visa.   They cost $500 and can be issued to the applicant within 15 minutes of the time the application is completed. There is a cursory background check - the applicant is vetted for criminal/terrorist history.

The Guest Visa is valid for 12 months.  It CAN be renewed at a cost of $1000. 

FAQs:

Will a Guest Visa holder be allowed to vote?  ................................No. Only US citizens may vote.

Is there a limit to how many time a Guest Visa can be renewed?  ....No, but the cost increases progressively.

Is the holder of a Guest Visa exempt from paying Income Tax? .......Yes.

Why??......Because Income Taxes are theft, and it would be wrong to steal their money/wealth.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #78 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:09am:
I still say if the government would just stop paying people to be lazy, we wouldn't have a problem filling those jobs with legal residents.

I don't think we have a problem now. 50% of college graduates can't find work, the other 50% are working as waitresses, and we're outsourcing research jobs to India.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:09am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
I doubt this as well. A few months back, NPR did a story about how hard it was for employers to get employees now.

One of the employers they talked to went on about how they only have a few dozen applications for any one position and how only one in ten applicants was good enough.

The job was to wash the elderly.

Now, if you're talking about morality, then yes, we have to let anyone in. It's aggression not to. It's aggression to use force to stop them from coming.

But there are plenty of Americans to do those jobs. Employers might just have to start lowering their expectations, if the job is to wash the elderly and they think only one in ten people is good enough to do that.
You were right until you turned a generality (that there are lots of jobs that no one wants to do and that most of those who apply are not qualified) into a specific (that it doesn't take much skill to give someone a bath).

Most people just don't want to bathe helpless old people and change their diapers, especially since it probably doesn't pay much because it doesn't take much skill or training.

It does take a certain minimum of strength, which eliminates a lot of people who might apply, and I expect it takes good references and a clean criminal record, which eliminates more.

Anyway, the essentials of the general problem as I see them are that Americans don't want to do manual labor, but they also don't want to learn skills needed for technical/skilled work, and young Americans think their very first job should be a 'management' job where they just tell everyone "get to work" and get paid a lot of money to do it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unemployment Rate
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy