Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › We shouldn't be surprised at school shootings. We should be surprised
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) We shouldn't be surprised at school shootings. We should be surprised (Read 135 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

We shouldn't be surprised at school shootings. We should be surprised
Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
. . . that they didn't start much sooner.

Ask a psychologist from another planet to design a system in which teenagers with borderline personalities are driven to fantastic acts of violence.  That alien mind scientist tell you that putting such kids in crowded rooms with no privacy, in which they are forced to perform boring and repetitive work and have to ask permission to go to the bathroom or drink water.  Control what they are allowed to eat and when they are allowed to eat it. 

Reward students who can actually thrive in such a harsh environment with effusive praise and public awards ceremonies while punishing low-performers with even more time in crowded rooms for summer school.  Threaten their future if they don't perform well on tests that are actually designed to make them fail.  Then when one of them snaps and there is a horrendous tragedy, publish their names and either blame the guns or say that proves we need more guns in the pressure cooker environment you've created. 

I only know of one private school mass shooting and that was a fictitious one that happened on "Sons of Anarchy."  Fiction is where the government does better than the private sector. 

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: We shouldn't be surprised at school shootings. We should be surprised
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:53pm:

Ask a psychologist from another planet to design a system in which teenagers with borderline personalities are driven to fantastic acts of violence.  That alien mind scientist tell you that putting such kids in crowded rooms with no privacy, in which they are forced to perform boring and repetitive work and have to ask permission to go to the bathroom or drink water.  Control what they are allowed to eat and when they are allowed to eat it. 

Reward students who can actually thrive in such a harsh environment with effusive praise and public awards ceremonies while punishing low-performers with even more time in crowded rooms for summer school.  Threaten their future if they don't perform well on tests that are actually designed to make them fail.  Then when one of them snaps and there is a horrendous tragedy, publish their names and either blame the guns or say that proves we need more guns in the pressure cooker environment you've created. 

I only know of one private school mass shooting and that was a fictitious one that happened on "Sons of Anarchy."  Fiction is where the government does better than the private sector. 

So many reasons why the US has school shottings that number far more than any other country. So many reasons why the US is simply fukked up, to put it bluntly!

And now mention of the guns that ensure the violence can take place. That's the #1 primary reason why the US is so fukked up.

Libertarians! Promoting liberty for themselves at the expense of the people!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Libertarians! Promoting liberty for themselves at the expense of the people!

That is incorrect, Grasshopper.  Libertarians promote liberty for the benefit of the people.

“No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.” - Gideon J. Tucker

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 1:15am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 10:24pm:
That is incorrect, Grasshopper.  Libertarians promote liberty for the benefit of the people.

“No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.” - Gideon J. Tucker

There's no such a thing as libertarians. None actually exist in real life.

Your country's biggest problem is not enough guns. More handguns and AR type weapons are required because they're the most efficient weapon for eliminating little children in their schools.

Fukking sickos!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
There's no such a thing as libertarians. None actually exist in real life.

You've defined us out of existence? Moved the bar so far that not even anarchists meet your definition of libertarian? Cheesy

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
The next school shooting won't be a surprise to anybody. We know it's going to happen and it's due next week. The only surprising part of it will be the number of children slaughtered.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The next school shooting won't be a surprise to anybody.
What would be a nice surprise is to hear another case where armed school personnel shot "shooters" dead on the spot. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I predict that is going to be happening more often in America in the future... except probably in big "progressive" cities. Cry

Edit: Armed people just wander into our schools and start shooting?

What school systems allow that sort of thing to happen?

Who do they blame when it does happen? "Guns"?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 2nd, 2018 at 5:32pm:
What would be a nice surprise is to hear another case where armed school personnel shot "shooters" dead on the spot. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I predict that is going to be happening more often in America in the future... except probably in big "progressive" cities. Cry

Edit: Armed people just wander into our schools and start shooting?

What school systems allow that sort of thing to happen?

Who do they blame when it does happen? "Guns"?

I predict that the next school shooting there will be guns involved and the guns will be found guilty of murder.

In defense of the guns, they went bad because NRA members touched them in places that made them feel uncomfortable. Shotguns were used for lewd purposes such as inserting NRA's members into their barrels.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 7:53pm:

It took me a while to respond to this topic simply because I can't find a single flaw with what you said and the only thing I can really add is that I agree 110%.

The extra 10% is that the schools also seem to glorify bullies. When aggression isn't punished, aggression wins. Libertarians know this, which is why they have a principle - the NAP - that dictates aggression should be out-of-bounds.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 2nd, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 2nd, 2018 at 8:23am:
You've defined us out of existence? Moved the bar so far that not even anarchists meet your definition of libertarian? Cheesy

Libertarianism has been admitted to be completely impossible for a country any lager than an acre or two Ruby. We should talk about the part of it that you consider real.

Is the reason why you keep replying to me because Craig Sickler calls me Dong? Ask me about it sometime!

luv, the big Dong.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › We shouldn't be surprised at school shootings. We should be surprised
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy