Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › War Powers Act Doesn't Work
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) War Powers Act Doesn't Work (Read 397 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: War Powers Act Doesn't Work
Reply #70 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
But there's no law saying how dark your sunglasses can be.

If people who wear excessively dark sunglasses started to cause harm to others by bumping into them, knocking them down, and hurting them, there would be a need to regulate sunglasses too. Regulations nearly always make sense. Stop signs make sense even though libertariand get killed in accidents because  they don't recognize stop signs as a message that says S-T-O-P.

Quote:
If you cause an accident, for whatever reason, you are liable for the damage you cause, that's the libertarian position Dink.

To begin with, please don't call me 'dink'. I will just have to change my name again to dink if you keep it up for any length of time. We'll see in a couple of weeks. And besides, you might make me so angry that I will have to leave the forum again. L of F wouldn't like that so I would have to tell on you.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, about causing an accident. You stated wrongly that I would be liable for causing any accident. Obviously not!

Quote:
No need for a thousand laws prohibiting this that and the other thing while driving.

There are no laws on driving that aren't necessary and sound laws to be obeyed by libertarians especially.

Quote:
If you can't trust people to be responsible while they are operating potentially lethal machinery, no amount of laws will change anything.

No, all people can't be trusted and that's why they must be forced to operate machinery in a lawful and safe way. And the law says that 'you' specifically must not drive your car when you're on crak.

Quote:
Luckily, most people can be trusted, although I think "progressive" schooling that fails to teach individual responsibility is making things worse.

Most Americans can't be trusted because few of them are progressives. In Denmark they have very, very few traffic accidents because they can be trusted and they're happy!

You really should visit my new thread on Denmark. You don't have to be so fukking miserable and unhappy all the time.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
If people who wear excessively dark sunglasses started to cause harm to others by bumping into them, knocking them down, and hurting them, there would be a need to regulate sunglasses too.
No, it's much easier and cheaper and more sensible to just hold the people who caused the damage responsible.

Entire huge expensive "progressive" bureaucracies who can't account for where the money goes could be eliminated.

Federal laws could return to what they are required to be, intelligible to the average person, and few enough so that everyone can be aware of most of them.

That's so far from where "progressives" have taken us, it could be called opposed.

And they are. They oppose the idea of America, and they oppose individuals and anything and everything that might make it possible for individuals to be free.

Their plan for a "collective" world requires that no one other than the benighted leaders be allowed to be an individual. (Edit: And he should be a Great Leader.)

They (try to) train young children to be good parts of the collective.

Edit 2: Just like the Catholic leadership tried to train all the children to be good Catholics, and speaking of Great Leaders... Lets not talk about Popes.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
No, it's much easier and cheaper and more sensible to just hold the people who caused the damage responsible.

Entire huge expensive "progressive" bureaucracies who can't account for where the money goes could be eliminated.

Federal laws could return to what they are required to be, intelligible to the average person, and few enough so that everyone can be aware of most of them.

That's so far from where "progressives" have taken us, it could be called opposed.

And they are. They oppose the idea of America, and they oppose individuals and anything and everything that might make it possible for individuals to be free.

Their plan for a "collective" world requires that no one other than the benighted leaders be allowed to be an individual. (Edit: And he should be a Great Leader.)

They (try to) train young children to be good parts of the collective.

Edit 2: Just like the Catholic leadership tried to train all the children to be good Catholics, and speaking of Great Leaders... Lets not talk about Popes.

And like I said asshole, if people do harm by wearing dark sunglasses then there will be a law enacted to stop them.

The answer is to kill all libertarians before they do that sort of senseless harm. The same as killing them to prevent them from running stop signs.

Have some more crak with your rum.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:23pm:
And like I said asshole, if people do harm by wearing dark sunglasses then there will be a law enacted to stop them.

Idiot! Fool! Dolt!

Laws don't stop people from being irresponsible and doing stupid things.

The only known thing that helps is holding people responsible for the harm they cause.

Edit: If you start teaching them that when they are children, they tend to grow up to be more responsible. So you don't need as many police and courts and jails.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 6:42pm:
Only because you accused me of talking to myself, which in reality is what you do....

Not sure if that’s intended for me.  Or whoever, but I can remember several times.  That you quoted yourself and then replied.  It made me think.   You.  Intended to respond to your own sock but forgot to change accounts.

Sorry for the weird sentences, my new iPad keyboard takes getting used to. . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Rand Paul delivers a huge reality-check to members of Congress.  And Bernie Sanders backs him!   Smiley :

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › War Powers Act Doesn't Work
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy