Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Poverty in America.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Poverty in America. (Read 1664 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: Poverty in America.
Reply #110 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Pastor Jimmy wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:29pm:
WRONG...I've been a Libertarian since 1984 and I DO NOT care for Trump, never have, never will. I actually voted for Hillary as the lesser of two evils. Was for Johnson until the last few months before the election because he got very, very goofy. I honestly don't believe his heart was in it and he just didn't come across as a serious contender. I hope the LP will nominate someone in 2020 who will run a very strong, committed, serious Libertarian race.

I'm with you on that Jimmy. And now is not too late to start ruling out the impossible nonsense that is being advocated by pseudo-libertarians such as the Chief and my boss.

A black woman for our leader would be a great choice. It would stomp down on libertarian masochism that is being promoted by my boss, and at the same time it would drive out racism that our party is becoming known for promoting.

Let's get serious!

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A black woman for our leader would be a great choice.

Libertarians think every individual should lead themselves... We aren't looking for a leader no matter their sex or color.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 8:07pm:
Libertarians think every individual should lead themselves... We aren't looking for a leader no matter their sex or color.

In your dreams boss.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Hillary is the lesser of two evils?  Trump is at least engaging in tax cuts and deregulation.  Hillary would not have done that.  Trump is definitely the lesser of two evils.  Plus, he's funny.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A black woman for our leader would be a great choice. It would stomp down on libertarian masochism that is being promoted by my boss, and at the same time it would drive out racism that our party is becoming known for promoting.

This doesn't make sense, but then consider the source.  Skin color shouldn't made any difference.  Plus, having a black president doesn't get rid of racism.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #115 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
This doesn't make sense, but then consider the source.  Skin color shouldn't made any difference.  Plus, having a black president doesn't get rid of racism.

In fact, having a black president has exacerbated the racism problem in the US.

But that's not what I advocated. I suggested that having a black leader would go a long way toward erasing the racist perceptions the libertarian party has earned. Likewise with a woman serving to erase the male superiority attitudes.

Speak to my boss again for proof of the latter. He's completely out to lunch on the issue and I have to be dragged along with him between his legs. What's a dink to do Ruby?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #116 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In fact, having a black president has exacerbated the racism problem in the US.

Nobody has yet explained why having one black parent and one white parent means all the offspring will be black...

Does it go on until the 6th generation?

What did the Afrikaners decide?

Seriously, if I can decide on my own account that I am a black lesbian, why not leave it up to the children?

From what I understand, Barry Obama self identified as white until he was picked to be president.

Edit: I'm not sure...

Who was in the Choom Gang?

Was it a black gang or a white gang or what?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But that's not what I advocated. I suggested that having a black leader would go a long way toward erasing the racist perceptions the libertarian party has earned. Likewise with a woman serving to erase the male superiority attitudes.

Libertarians accept and value individuals based on their character and their ideas, and also on the basis of whether they are civilized or some variety of barbarian.

We don't sweat the small stuff like sex or skin color or ethnicity, which seems to be all that today's "progressives" are able to see, unless you want to eat in their public restaurants. Cheesy

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #118 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
Being of African descent was vital to getting Obama elected.  People thought that his ethnicity would heal racism, it did not.  And skin color is a ridiculous way to pick a president.  Obama was the result of left-wing media inspired affirmative action, and we suffered for it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 26th, 2018 at 6:03pm:
Being of African descent was vital to getting Obama elected.  People thought that his ethnicity would heal racism...
They did? You know people like that?

It's an incredibly foolish notion isn't it?

Like imagining that having a woman president would heal misogyny?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Poverty in America.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy