Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Poverty in America.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Poverty in America. (Read 670 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Poverty in America.
Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 7:54pm:
This forum has matured to the point at which only the  Chief believes that libertarians are something real. Everybody will just hang on to the false hope for a while though.

Thanks.   I do believe that libertarians are something real.

What is the false hope you mention?

Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 7:54pm:
I want to see what will happen now that everybody is quite clear that the libertarian agenda is nothing but bullshit.

It doesn't seem that "everybody is quite clear that the libertarian agenda is nothing but bullshit".

Clearly, Oppo thinks that.  Who else (on this forum) thinks the libertarian agenda is nothing but bullshit?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:14am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 9:03pm:
Thanks.   I do believe that libertarians are something real.

What is the false hope you mention?

It doesn't seem that "everybody is quite clear that the libertarian agenda is nothing but bullshit".

Clearly, Oppo thinks that.  Who else (on this forum) thinks the libertarian agenda is nothing but bullshit?
Craig Sickler for sure. He's always knocking it down and making a joke of it. I think you're the only one on this board that takes it seriously. Nobody else is bothered with it anymore

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:33am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 9:03pm:

I don't think exactly that. I think you, Burnsy, and Ruby are ideological libertarians who have good reasons (that I agree with!) for what you believe.

I actually think libertarianism is the most morally correct philosophy out there. When you compare its actual tenets to any other philosophy, it wins hands down.

However, it has a problem with attracting spoiled, MINE MINE MINE mental two-year olds who never learned to share because it validates them.

They're objectively correct that they should not have to share.

However, because they never learned to, they cause other problems.

There's a fundamental lack of empathy issue that's also causing the chronic shit-flinging you see on this forum. This type of person can't assume the perspective of another in order to engage in debate, so they scream, throw tantrums and call people names.

I've never seen anywhere else, internet or otherwise, where insults were glorified over rational debate. On other forums, even ones that are not well moderated, the lone screaming asshole will pop up, but the community usually bands together to shame him until he either stops, or leaves. The community collectively tells the asshole that insults and dominance behaviour won't get you to the top of the totem pole.

And as much as I see you trying to do this to Don (and thank you for it) it won't fly here. Insults win, here. It's because enough of the population here is made up of monkey-brained, dominance-loving, screaming MINE MINE MINE two-year-olds to make insults the win of choice.

I feel sorry for the good ones, like you, because there's just nothing you can do.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:33am:
I don't think exactly that. I think you, Burnsy, and Ruby are ideological libertarians who have good reasons (that I agree with!) for what you believe.

I actually think libertarianism is the most morally correct philosophy out there. When you compare its actual tenets to any other philosophy, it wins hands down.

However, it has a problem with attracting spoiled, MINE MINE MINE mental two-year olds who never learned to share because it validates them.

They're objectively correct that they should not have to share.

However, because they never learned to, they cause other problems.

There's a fundamental lack of empathy issue that's also causing the chronic shit-flinging you see on this forum. This type of person can't assume the perspective of another in order to engage in debate, so they scream, throw tantrums and call people names.

I've never seen anywhere else, internet or otherwise, where insults were glorified over rational debate. On other forums, even ones that are not well moderated, the lone screaming asshole will pop up, but the community usually bands together to shame him until he either stops, or leaves. The community collectively tells the asshole that insults and dominance behaviour won't get you to the top of the totem pole.

And as much as I see you trying to do this to Don (and thank you for it) it won't fly here. Insults win, here. It's because enough of the population here is made up of monkey-brained, dominance-loving, screaming MINE MINE MINE two-year-olds to make insults the win of choice.

I feel sorry for the good ones, like you, because there's just nothing you can do.

Spoken like a true Vulcan again! Every issue you raise you reverse yourself on in the next line.

Quote:

I'm right with you on that Oppo. Pretty fkn weird though coming after you just said libertarianism is the best of whatever and whatever!

Face it Oppo, libertarianism isn't something to be taken seriously. It can never be government and it's ideas can never be adopted by a sane population.

Funny how nobody is even arguing for it anymore!

Control the head asshole Sickler and learn to control your Vulcan genes and you'll find me much more agreeable. Oh, and please murder Ruby for me. The Chief, who cares what that idiot thinks and says?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:49am:
Spoken like a true Vulcan again! Every issue you raise you reverse yourself on in the next line.

I'm right with you on that Oppo. Pretty fkn weird though coming after you just said libertarianism is the best of whatever and whatever!

This is your thing where you don't understand shades or nuances.

I am not saying the Catholic faith itself says to rape little boys. The belief system itself (other than being religious nonsense of course) is fine.

I am saying something about the structure and function of the Catholic church attracts paedophiles, despite none of the tenets of the faith being morally unacceptable in and of themselves.

The philosophy = good.

The people attracted to it = bad.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:05am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 4:03pm:
America has less poverty, but more inequality.

The case can be made that America needs more poverty and less inequality...
So let's stick with this issue for a bit lizard... Please make the case you think can be made. Thanks.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:08am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 3rd, 2018 at 4:27pm:
More insults. Typical libertarian. Too bad you can't discuss actual issues.
So where else can someone earning entry level wages afford to buy a $100 laptop computer after working only a week?

I say, not even in the U.S. unless you live in your Mom's house.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:26am:
This is your thing where you don't understand shades or nuances.

I am not saying the Catholic faith itself says to rape little boys. The belief system itself (other than being religious nonsense of course) is fine.

I am saying something about the structure and function of the Catholic church attracts paedophiles, despite none of the tenets of the faith being morally unacceptable in and of themselves.

The philosophy = good.

The people attracted to it = bad.
This is your favorite non-argument right now? Sometimes bad people are attracted to good philosophies/organizations, therefore... What?

Pedophiles are probably attracted to teaching and coaching and psychiatry too. Perhaps it's the opportunity to interact with children one-on-one?

Boy Scout leaders also have been accused of higher than average rates of child molestation... Would you say there's something in the Boy Scout Creed or Motto that turns normal adults into pedophiles once they get involved in Scouting?

If you want reasonable replies lizard, you have to make reasonable arguments.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:54am
Print Post  

It gets bad.  But this behavior is pretty common on some political discussion forums.   I frequent two other political forums and believe me - they're just as bad.  one them worse, actually, because of the overt racism that proliferates throughout that forum.  Anyone bold enough to speak out against it gets group-slammed.

I see this as a manifestation of the backlash to all the political correctness that's been rammed down our throats by the left -  a manifestation of the ever-growing political divide that's been happening in recent years.

I'm not condoning it - just acknowledging that it exists, and this divide seems to worsen with time.

It's frustrating, for sure.   Still, it's good the moderator of this forum has a laissez faire approach.(imo)

It's the libertarian thing to do!   Smiley

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:54am:
It gets bad.  But this behavior is pretty common on some political discussion forums.   I frequent two other political forums and believe me - they're just as bad.  one them worse, actually, because of the overt racism that proliferates throughout that forum.  Anyone bold enough to speak out against it gets group-slammed.

I see this as a manifestation of the backlash to all the political correctness that's been rammed down our throats by the left -  a manifestation of the ever-growing political divide that's been happening in recent years.

I'm not condoning it - just acknowledging that it exists, and this divide seems to worsen with time.

It's frustrating, for sure.   Still, it's good the moderator of this forum has a laissez faire approach.(imo)

It's the libertarian thing to do!   Smiley

The reason why Craig Sickler is allowed to act the way he does is because there's a crushing shortage of people who are even interested enough in libertarianism to take part.

I'm going to continue to try to educate your pseudo-libertarians for a while longer in the hopes that you start grasping for reality.

The real issue is, no matter how politely I say something about your floundering around with impossible nonsense, it's going to elicit the bad behaviour you're whining about. Usually first by Craig Sickler and then it will be escalated by you and Oppo until I decide to join in and get in a few licks too.

You don't want to change anything. Your kind of libertarianism can't stand up to polite scrutiny. My kind is real and can!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Poverty in America.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy