Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Your Tax Dollars at Play - Dancing FBI Agent Shoots Unarmed Civilian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Your Tax Dollars at Play - Dancing FBI Agent Shoots Unarmed Civilian (Read 77 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Your Tax Dollars at Play - Dancing FBI Agent Shoots Unarmed Civilian
Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Accidentally of course:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/03/us/dancing-fbi-agent-gun-discharge/index.html

CNN)An FBI agent's backflip at a club looked pretty impressive -- until he lost his gun and accidentally shot someone.
Video of the off-duty agent showed him unleashing a torrent of dance moves at a Denver bar early Saturday before launching into a back handspring.
But mid-flip, his weapon flew out from his waistband holster.

As the FBI agent grabbed his gun it accidentally fired, police say.

One person was struck in the lower leg but is expected to survive, Denver police said.

Authorities have not identified the agent because he was not arrested, Denver police community resource officer Marika Putnam said.

You think if a dancing civilian shot a law enforcement officer, he wouldn't be arrested and his name would be protected?

Why do FBI agents need guns?  They call in local cops when a hands on arrest is needed.  There's one of those youtube idiot cop botherers who approaches FBI offices to taunt them into arresting him.  They're like, "Do I need to go inside and find some handcuffs to put you in?"  Not very intimidating, but then that's on the street, not a Denver disco.

Does this story add weight to arguments against gays in law enforcement?

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: Your Tax Dollars at Play - Dancing FBI Agent Shoots Unarmed Civilian
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Really dumb cop. But this stands out for two reasons:

1. Even highly trained Americans are capable of handling guns properly all the time.

2. Of the hundreds of thousands of gun incidents reported and unreported in the US, on incident involving a cop is posted on a libertarian forum.

Good point brought up by numbnuts burnsred!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:38am:
You think if a dancing civilian shot a law enforcement officer, he wouldn't be arrested and his name would be protected?

Double-Standard Alert.

Smiley    Smiley

If the agent had the safety on, it would not have discharged when he grabbed it, and the bystander wouldn't have been shot.

The FBI agent needs firearm (safety) training.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:35pm:
Double-Standard Alert.

Smiley    Smiley

If the agent had the safety on, it would not have discharged when he grabbed it, and the bystander wouldn't have been shot.

The FBI agent needs firearm (safety) training.

The point is, he's already been trained to a level that far exceeds the NRA members who turn into school shooters.

And it's not a given that the safety was off. It's a biased guess by you because of your own biased hate of authority figures.

It's how a libertarian thinks Chief. Jump to the conclusion that satisfies him/her the most.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
And it's not a given that the safety was off. It's a biased guess by you because of your own biased hate of authority figures.

It's how a libertarian thinks Chief. Jump to the conclusion that satisfies him/her the most.

I can say with 99.99% certainty (*) that the gun's safety was OFF when the shooting occurred.

Because I understand how (semi-auto) handguns work.

You don't.

“The real enemy of Truth is not ignorance, doubt, or even disbelief - it is false knowledge.” - Lee McIntyre

(*)  There's a .01% chance that the Safety was ON, but malfunctioned.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
I can say with 99.99% certainty (*) that the gun's safety was OFF when the shooting occurred.

Because I understand how handguns work.

You don't.

I'll say with 100% certainty that the safety was off when the shooting occurred.

But more to the point, I'll say with about 50% certainty that between the gun coming out of it's holster and the gun being fired is when the safety came off. Same % odds of it being off when in the holster. Although I would have to say that I lean toward thinking that the officer wouldn't carry his gun with the safety off.

You see, that's how logic works when you aren't biased by ignorant libertarian dogma and hate for authority.

Quote:
“The real enemy of Truth is not ignorance, doubt, or even disbelief - it is false knowledge.” - Lee McIntyre

That applies exactly to your behaviour.

Quote:
(*)  There's a .01% chance that the Safety was ON, but was malfunctional.
[/quote]

That's a point that's debatable. If I knew the exact type of weapon I think I could pretty much eliminate that .01%.

On most modern weapons I can say definitively that isn't the case and it's doubtful on the kind of weapon the officer was carrying.

An exception off the top of my head is a .303 Savage lever action rifle that was very easy to bump off of safety. It almost cost me my life.

You might know something about guns Chief but don't just assume you know more than me about them. You could get yourself in worse trouble than you've already stepped into.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Quote:
I'll say with 100% certainty that the safety was off when the shooting occurred.

Don't you see that you're contradicting yourself, again?

Quote:
You might know something about guns Chief but don't just assume you know more than me about them. You could get yourself in worse trouble than you've already stepped into.

I'm not going to get into this type of argument.   YOU are the one who just stepped in the doo-doo.

I came to the conclusion that the safety was OFF based on my understanding of how semi-auto handguns function.

YOU chastised my knowledge of handguns based on moonbat emotions. 

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
Don't you see that you're contradicting yourself, again?

I'm not going to get into this type of argument.   YOU are the one who just stepped in the doo-doo.

I came to the conclusion that the safety was OFF based on my understanding of how semi-auto handguns function.

YOU chastised my knowledge of handguns based on moonbat emotions. 

You came to the conclusion that the officer was carrying his weapon with the safety off. I pointed out to you, if you even understood, that the weapons was taken off of safety during the incident.

Yeah, it's not worth it.

Just don't make the mistake of assuming you know more about guns than 'any' Canadian!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Your Tax Dollars at Play - Dancing FBI Agent Shoots Unarmed Civilian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy