Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today (Read 47 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today
Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I really wanted to.   Honest.  In fact, I had already chosen a Libertarian weeks ago when we received our Sample Ballots.

But today's election is just too important to waste my vote on a libertarian who nobody's ever heard of.   Embarrassed

Also, watching the local news, the voter turn-out is unusually low, so my vote really counts today.  I must use it to block the Democrat(s) from being elected.

California is in dire straits due to failed [Democratic] leadership in Sacramento.  They are passing new tax laws without voter approval. We have the most draconian gun laws in the nation. It's inexcusable and needs to stop.   Our lawmakers are out of control.

One of the two Democrat heavyweights (Gavin Newsom & Antonio Villaraigosa ) will likely win.  Only 24% of California voters are registered Republicans. 

But we're hoping that Cox (Republican) will garner enough Dem and Independent votes to threaten Newsome and Villaraigrosa.  So there's a small chance for an upset.

California needs to break free from the chokehold that Democrats have on us.  Our state is nearly dysfunctional due to failed leadership.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:30pm:
I really wanted to.   Honest.  In fact, I had already chosen a Libertarian weeks ago when we received our Sample Ballots.

But today's election is just too important to waste my vote on a libertarian who nobody's ever heard of.   Embarrassed

Also, watching the local news, the voter turn-out is unusually low, so my vote really counts today.  I must use it to block the Democrat(s) from being elected.

California is in dire straits due to failed [Democratic] leadership in Sacramento.  They are passing new tax laws without voter approval. We have the most draconian gun laws in the nation. It's inexcusable and needs to stop.   Our lawmakers are out of control.

One of the two Democrat heavyweights (Gavin Newsom & Antonio Villaraigosa ) will likely win.  Only 24% of California voters are registered Republicans. 

But we're hoping that Cox (Republican) will garner enough Dem and Independent votes to threaten Newsome and Villaraigrosa.  So there's a small chance for an upset.

California needs to break free from the chokehold that Democrats have on us.  Our state is nearly dysfunctional due to failed leadership.

First of all, you have betrayed your party and there's no excuse for doing that.

And secondly, I can't bring myself to believe anything you say from now on until you offer some proof of your theory that government rigged building 7 with demolition charges and then ordered it to be 'pulled'.

Once you have established the credibility for those beliefs I'll be able to trust you again.

It's a matter of having my trust restored in your brand of libertarianism

or

finally being convinced that you are a useless piece of shitl living in some batshit crazed never-never land of fantasy only complete loonies would be able to stand the stench of.

I'm confident you will have a convincing argument for building 7 being an inside job by government! Don't disappoint me now.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
First of all, you have betrayed your party and there's no excuse for doing that.

Perhaps not an excuse, but I have a very good reason.

If I had just voted party line, that would have taken away valuable votes for Cox - the only (serious) challenger to [Democrats] Newsome and Villaraigrosa.

And it's not really a betrayal.... more like a duty.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I Can't Vote For A Libertarian Today
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy