Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Homelessness in Nazi Germany
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Homelessness in Nazi Germany (Read 295 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Homelessness in Nazi Germany
Reply #20 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 8:38am:
Exactly!  I've made this point with him before, but he just ignores it.

Facts tend to suck the life-force from the left.

"A fact to a liberal is like kryptonite is to Superman."  - Larry Elder

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:55am:
Facts tend to suck the life-force from the left.

"A fact to a liberal is like kryptonite is to Superman."  - Larry Elder

And Americans come to Canada, apparently in larger numbers than Canadians going the other way. Easily explainable and rational in both cases.

Liberals who state facts just end up enraging fascists/neo-nazis/Americans. ~ the big dong

Fact: Let's talk more about universal health care because it was proven nearly a century ago that it was the only way to succeed.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fact: Let's talk more about universal health care because it was proven nearly a century ago that it was the only way to succeed.

Universal Health care was proven to be a bad idea because it puts the government in between the patient and the doctor.

When government makes medical decisions in regards to an individual, naturally bad things happen.

Also, One-Size-Fits-All  doesn't work with health care.  Each individual's needs vary.

I've never needed mammograms, tubal ligations, or PAP smears.  I never will.   But under ObamaCare, each and every plan available to me must cover these medical procedures, regardless if its a man or a woman.

How stupid is that?

Let's face the facts.   Universal health care makes no sense. It's bad for the patient and bad for the doctor.  If Universal Health care was a good idea, Canadians wouldn't need to come to the US for medical treatment.

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
Universal Health care was proven to be a bad idea because it puts the government in between the patient and the doctor.

Hey, i've heard that one before, but it's something new from you at least. Why is the government between, worse than the insurance company?

Quote:
When government makes medical decisions in regards to an individual, naturally bad things happen.

When government an insurance company makes medical decisions in regards to an individual, naturally bad things happen.

Quote:
Also, One-Size-Fits-All  doesn't work with health care.  Each individual's needs vary.

Makes no sense to me but I'll afford you the courtesy of offering an explanation!

Quote:
I don't need mammograms, tubal ligations, or PAP smears.  I never will.   But under ObamaCare, each and every plan must include these medical procedures, regardless if its a man or a woman.

If you're referring to the pros and cons of precautionary medical procedures then I'm here to discuss it. To begin with I'll just say that they result in better medical experience. (life expectancy, infant mortality, hugely expensive Cancer treatments, etc., etc. If you're trying to say something else then explain.

Quote:
How stupid is that?

How stupid is it to allow Cancers to go undetected?

Quote:
Let's face the facts.   Universal health care makes no sense. It's bad for the patient and bad for the doctor.  If Universal Health care was a good idea, Canadians wouldn't need to come to the US for medical treatment.

Americans would still need to come to Canada though because they can get procedures at a cost that won't bankrupt them.

I'm with you on this debate right to the end.

You know the facts Chief and what you're getting yourself into. US health care is rated worse than all the universal health care, government run systems in the world. Come into it with me with your eyes fully open.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Americans would still need to come to Canada though because they can get procedures at a cost that won't bankrupt them.

All I know of Dink is of Americans smuggling drugs in from Canada.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:09am:
Insurance markets were heavily regulated before the hurricane hit.

Free markets allow competition, which is mostly what the insurance market lacks, and competition forces companies to either provide better service or go out of business... But of course regulation will cause some insurance companies to go out of business too, not because they aren't providing good service, but because they aren't cronies.

That's how you get fewer and fewer insurance companies who can then tell customers to get screwed because they are huge and protected.

You can't blame regulation for what happened after Hurricane Andrew. Lack of regulation was to blame.

The insurance companies all cut and ran. Many of the owners of those companies immediately reincorporated and started raking in more profits, owing nothing to the people they screwed because it was another company.

Time inconsistency is to blame for the fact that insurance doesn't work, not regulation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_inconsistency

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:39am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
You can't blame regulation for what happened after Hurricane Andrew. Lack of regulation was to blame.

The insurance companies all cut and ran. Many of the owners of those companies immediately reincorporated and started raking in more profits, owing nothing to the people they screwed because it was another company.

All those insurance companies were heavily regulated by the State of Florida.

Your saying they declared bankruptcy and the bankruptcy court let them keep the money they were legally obligated to pay to customers?

Do you have any evidence of this? I know it's possible.

What do you propose for a solution? Make taxpayers liable for all insurance claims after you make the federal government the insurer for everyone?

Supreme Court precedent going way back says insurance is not a tangible good and therefore can't be regulated under the commerce clause.

I think they ignored that when they passed the ACA...

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:30pm:

I've never needed mammograms, tubal ligations, or PAP smears.  I never will.   But under ObamaCare, each and every plan available to me must cover these medical procedures, regardless if its a man or a woman.

How stupid is that?

Come on Chief, you wanted a health care discussion so let's see this through this time. You're almost sure to get some other sucker to join in with you.

If you phrase your comments so burnsred can join in then you'll have a *fairly bright bulb to help you along. Just don't make it so he has to appear that he's answering my comments.

*like a candle in the wind bright, but tainted with racism. That comment about some other race having lower IQ's??

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:39am:
All those insurance companies were heavily regulated by the State of Florida.

Your saying they declared bankruptcy and the bankruptcy court let them keep the money they were legally obligated to pay to customers?

Do you have any evidence of this? I know it's possible.

I lived through it. It was in the papers every day. Sorry; I didn't keep those newspapers.

What do you propose for a solution?

1. Ideal solution: People getting smart and realising that insurance is a scam. Relax the regulation on consumers forcing them to have home owners' insurance.

2. Practical solution: Bankruptcy law is a scam. The law should state that if you owe someone money, you owe someone money.

The going argument has always been that entrepreneurs are too valuable to be saddled with debts that prevent them from creating more businesses, and more jobs, even if they had a failed business before. Hence, incorporation and bankruptcy. Wanna cut and run? No problem! Just reincorporate and screw all your old customers, then screw them again.

I think the idea that entrepreneurs should be treated this way is a more complicated version of the broken window fallacy. Yes, incorporation and bankruptcy law "help" this nebulous thing we call the economy, but if they leave these debts in their wake, and put people out of their houses, then screw everyone over again (essentially breaking windows) I don't want the help. I would rather have accountability in the insurance industry.

My parents had a little house with an avocado tree. When Hurricane Andrew hit, the tree fell. They were supposed to get money from the insurance company to clean it up, but instead they got fined $100 a day until we cleaned it up ourselves. I did get to use a chainsaw, though.

Supreme Court precedent going way back says insurance is not a tangible good and therefore can't be regulated under the commerce clause.

I think they ignored that when they passed the ACA...

The insurance should not be regulated. Obviously doing so would be immoral and against the NAP.

The fact remains that lack of regulation is to blame for what happened in the insurance industry after Hurricane Andrew.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:53pm:
I lived through it. It was in the papers every day. Sorry; I didn't keep those newspapers.
Second hand anecdotal evidence? Hearsay?

The best solution is a free market for insurance of every and any type.

You can pass laws that make them keep enough reserves to pay out all the claims during a gigantic natural disaster, but then they won't make much money, so they won't be able to help you get elected or be worthwhile cronies.

And besides, since you plan to have bureaucrats keep tabs on them, many of them will cheat anyway.

Even insurance companies heavily regulated by the best bureaucrats in Florida couldn't stop it.

Free markets work better. They produce better results for more people at way less cost, and the have the added benefit that people get to be free.

Edit: You still live in the 20th Century?

I saved the Charlotte Observer from the day when the headline was "Clinton Impeached". I've preserved it pretty well, but it is just newsprint...

Want to buy it?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Homelessness in Nazi Germany
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy