Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Austria Closing Mosques
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Austria Closing Mosques (Read 1139 times)
RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Austria Closing Mosques
Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Austria to close 7 mosques, expel imams in crackdown
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/austria-to-close-7-mosques-expel-imams-in-c...

Quote:
BERLIN — Austria's government said Friday that it is closing seven mosques and plans to expel imams in a crackdown on "political Islam" and foreign financing of religious groups.

Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said the government is shutting a hardline Turkish nationalist mosque in Vienna and dissolving a group called the Arab Religious Community that runs six mosques.

The actions by the government are based on a 2015 law that, among other things, prevents religious communities from getting funding from abroad. Interior Minister Herbert Kickl said the residence permits of around 40 imams employed by ATIB, a group that oversees Turkish mosques in Austria, are being reviewed because of concerns about such financing.

Kickl said that, in two cases, permits have already been revoked. Five more imams were denied first-time permits.
The conservative Kurz became chancellor in December in a coalition with the anti-migration Freedom Party.

In campaigning for last year's election, both coalition parties called for tougher immigration controls, quick deportations of asylum-seekers whose requests are denied and a crackdown on radical Islam. The government recently announced plans to ban girls in elementary schools and kindergartens from wearing headscarves, adding to existing restrictions on veils.

"Parallel societies, political Islam and tendencies toward radicalization have no place in our country," Kurz told reporters in Vienna. He added that the government's powers to intervene "were not sufficiently used" in the past.

Friday's measures are "a first significant and necessary step in the right direction," said Vice Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache, the Freedom Party's leader. "If these measures aren't enough, we will if necessary evaluate the legal situation here or there."

Good for Austria!

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Re: Austria Closing Mosques
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:54am:
Austria to close 7 mosques, expel imams in crackdown
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/austria-to-close-7-mosques-expel-imams-in-c...

Good for Austria!

You just completely blew your cover Ruby. In your fit of rage over being smacked down so often, you have declared that you hold no value in the least with America's stated principles on regligious freedoms.

I hope you have some support on that. Somebody to spin so that it's somehow acceptable based on the terrorist threat being imagined.

I have a hunch that nobody else but maybe therm will want to blow their cover to rescue you.

You are the lowest of low Ruby. You've proven yourself to be a vicious, evil, racist skank. It's all downhill for you from now on in.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Did you even read the article, Don?  Austria isn't getting rid of religious freedom, they're getting rid of political Islam, which is funded by foreign sources.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You just completely blew your cover Ruby. In your fit of rage over being smacked down so often, you have declared that you hold no value in the least with America's stated principles on regligious freedoms.
So, as usual, you don't know much about the real situation... Embarrassed

Doesn't RT have a position you are supposed to be shilling for?

If Austria had not had a policy of freedom of religion, they would never have let Turkish Muslims  into their country in the first place.

Does Putin allow Turkish Muslims to immigrate in to his country?

From what I know, nobody wants Turkish Muslims to come to their country.

But Austria allowed it, and it's proved to have been a very bad idea.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:54am:
Good for Austria!

It is good for Austria, but it's also morally wrong for them to do that. Those mosques should be able to get finding from wherever they like in voluntary transactions.

Yes, they'll use that to take over the country and make it Muslim.

That's the point.

If you're a libertarian, you have to let them.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
It is good for Austria, but it's also morally wrong for them to do that. Those mosques should be able to get finding from wherever they like in voluntary transactions.

That's the point.

Ruby has earned herself #1 place on my scale for that ugly racist comment Oppo. I'm warning you again to be very careful of making overt racist remarks. This comes close to qualifiying because you are grouping all Muslims together in a rude and racist manner.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
Ruby has earned herself #1 place on my scale for that ugly racist comment Oppo. I'm warning you again to be very careful of making overt racist remarks. This comes close to qualifiying because you are grouping all Muslims together in a rude and racist manner.

No, I'm not. Austria is doing that.

And they will benefit by it.

It's also wrong and unlibertarian for them to do it.

You don't understand what I say. You've proven that a billion times now.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:02am
Print Post  

That's the point.

people tryed to use that logic for Irish Catholics and the vatacan dose not rule america my pront is that people in maquses or cherches should not be funded by the government also there is a imama is switerland liveing in exsile involed in promoteing a holy war and muslams are not take over there and every thing is political then agin austia ban video games so i have zero respect for that country any way 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  

That's the point.

Maybe if you are one of the lunatic anarchist fringe. Shocked

Most libertarians feel at least somewhat obligated to try to do things (short of war) that make more of the worlds people more free.

Inviting people into your country who want to take over and make everyone less free is not something that libertarians are morally obligated to do.

Edit:"Parallel societies, political Islam and tendencies toward radicalization have no place in our country," Kurz told reporters in Vienna.

They sound different than Irish Catholics in America... Maybe the Austrians are wrong about the particular Muslims he's talking about, but it doesn't sound like it. The world is awash with radicalized political Islamists.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:20am:
Maybe if you are one of the lunatic anarchist fringe. Shocked

Most libertarians feel at least somewhat obligated to try to do things (short of war) that make more of the worlds people more free.

Inviting people into your country who want to take over and make everyone less free is not something that libertarians are morally obligated to do.

Edit:"Parallel societies, political Islam and tendencies toward radicalization have no place in our country," Kurz told reporters in Vienna.

They sound different than Irish Catholics in America... Maybe the Austrians are wrong about the particular Muslims he's talking about, but it doesn't sound like it. The world is awash with radicalized political Islamists.

my grat gand pa had to self deport germany in the early 1900s and illgily imagrate to the usa cuz he was an anarchist compareing a radicalized political Islamists to a anarchist is stupid now compareing them to the crusadiers is more accurate or the fundamentis cristins that have bombed palined parenthood teach them me my self and i but thay cant cuz it cintradics there holy text

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Austria Closing Mosques
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy