Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Russia Should be in G7.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Russia Should be in G7. (Read 72 times)
Dong
Ex Member

Russia Should be in G7.
Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Says Trump.

https://www.rt.com/usa/429143-russia-should-be-in-g7-trump/

But nobody in the US takes him seriously. And for good reasons!

He's not sincere about anything and besides, both major parties are already decided on Russia being the enemy. Full stop!

If there was ever a hint of a president setting himself up to be whacked by the deep state, a la Kennedy, this has to be it!

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Russia Should be in G7.
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Says Trump.

https://www.rt.com/usa/429143-russia-should-be-in-g7-trump/

But nobody in the US takes him seriously. And for good reasons!

He's not sincere about anything and besides, both major parties are already decided on Russia being the enemy. Full stop!

If there was ever a hint of a president setting himself up to be whacked by the deep state, a la Kennedy, this has to be it!
You're right. Russia should never even have been on the "Security Council" of the UN.

If having a lot of deliverable nukes is what you need to qualify, North Korea will soon be in the G7.

Edit: Hey, maybe on the "security Council" with veto power too! Wouldn't that be something! Cheesy

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Russia Should be in G7.

I agree.  Bring 'em back into the fold.

They never should have been expelled to begin with.

"Obama plays checkers while Putin plays chess"  was the mantra back in 2014, if I recall.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:24pm:

"Obama plays checkers while Putin plays chess"  was the mantra back in 2014, if I recall.
Who makes the rules about who gets in the G7? Is it like one of those Skull and Bones things?

Yes, it is!

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/group-seven-g7

Where do they imagine they get any authority?

"International economic governance" indeed!

Leave me out. Please and thank you.

Can I opt out? Is it like a government union, where I have to pay no matter what and they do whatever they want?

Edit: Can the G7 people tell the EU people what to do economically? After all, the G7 is "International" and the EU is only regional...

It's all political right?

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:24pm:

The two of them definitely played a chess game with each other. But it ended in neither side losing, which could be seen as roughly equivalent to a stalemate with benefits of enjoying the game and walking away as secret friends.

Obama might have been killed by the US deep state if he admitted to how he snookered his own country as he empowered Russia!

Could you ever imagine somebody saying that Putin and Trump played chess together? Or checkers? or marbles? Duhhhhhh!

Or Trump playing chess with China's Xi?
You should be thinking about how China is going to have the chance of taking the US to the cleaners if Trump is allowed to do any negotiating!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
Who makes the rules about who gets in the G7? Is it like one of those Skull and Bones things?

Yes, it is!  Where do they imagine they get any authority?

They have no "authority".  That's the beauty of it.  It's an informal forum for the leaders of industrialized nations - there is no charter that must be abided by.  There's simply no reason to exclude Russia (imo). 

Jeff wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
Can I opt out? Is it like a government union, where I have to pay no matter what and they do whatever they want?

Sure, you can opt out at any time!  As I said, there is no charter.  Everything done at the G7 is with a smile and a handshake. Nobody has to sign any documents or agreements - they don't make policy.

Unlike NATO and the UN, US taxpayers don't have to pay anything to the G7. (aside from the cost to send the President there, of course.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Russia Should be in G7.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy