Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › who do u blame the person tat started the fight or the person that-
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) who do u blame the person tat started the fight or the person that- (Read 362 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

who do u blame the person tat started the fight or the person that-
Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
throw the frist ponch i belive is thje person to start the fight not the throw of the fist pounch what do yall belive

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: who do u blame the person tat started the fight or the person that-
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
throw the frist ponch i belive is thje person to start the fight not the throw of the fist pounch what do yall belive
It depends.

Call it a tort and take it to common law court.

Present your best arguments to the jury  and let them decide.

Edit: Fights sometimes start when a punch is thrown.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 7:34pm:

Libertarians have a very binary view of aggression.

You can chase someone across the whole world, harass him and spew insults at him everywhere he goes, and when he finally punches you, you're completely innocent.

As long as you never go onto his property, steal his things, or punch him first, you're in the right and he's in the wrong.

However, if the person you're harassing has enough legal power, he'll sue you and win, even though you never aggressed.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 12:00am
Print Post  
If I throw the first punch, then I was right to do so.

If the other guy throws the first punch, then he was wrong.

That's simple enough.

IP Logged

Dong
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 12:09am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 12:00am:
If I throw the first punch, then I was right to do so.

If the other guy throws the first punch, then he was wrong.

That's simple enough.

The trouble is Chief, most Americans are cowardly and usually go for their guns first. That's a big part of why you need all your guns. You might be threatened by a big black guy and you don't want to just back down. Your guns are used as an equalizer.

In Canada you don't shoot your face off to anybody you judge you can't handle. Even moreso in Australia, you watch your mouth!

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
The trouble is Chief, most Americans are cowardly and usually go for their guns first. That's a big part of why you need all your guns. You might be threatened by a big black guy and you don't want to just back down. Your guns are used as an equalizer.

In Canada you don't shoot your face off to anybody you judge you can't handle. Even moreso in Australia, you watch your mouth!

ur veiw on americans is y i hate most aus people there coul;te is repugnate and dont u allways cary a gun or a knife on u  those that dose repect freedom of spech deseve to die ir pc fashism need to die and if america was the place u made it out to be i would actualy like it if u like canda or aus stay there  i swere its people like u in my country that make me wana go to switerland where there is a rite to die and if every one was a seklf center self abosobred mofo and mind there own bizness me my self and i ur scum that just make u feal better ut like a person that enjoys watching jerry springer or mory it a sick man u know that u need to lean to relate to others not empathoize or grandstand to pit ur self in a nother persons thought proses to use restion and logic u dumb British imperialist scum

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:21am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
Libertarians have a very binary view of aggression.

You can chase someone across the whole world, harass him and spew insults at him everywhere he goes, and when he finally punches you, you're completely innocent.

As long as you never go onto his property, steal his things, or punch him first, you're in the right and he's in the wrong.

However, if the person you're harassing has enough legal power, he'll sue you and win, even though you never aggressed.
Verbal assault and harassment are illegal lizard, because they are aggression, and I've never heard a 'libertarian' argument for making them legal.

There are differing opinions on what constitute "fighting words", so unless you are pretty sure, it's usually best not to punch someone.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, Aussies are still allowed to carry knives... I think...

What if some Canadian you know you can't "handle" is threatening you with physical harm?

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:21am:
Verbal assault and harassment are illegal lizard, because they are aggression, and I've never heard a 'libertarian' argument for making them legal.

i belive people careing abought u is agresstion and that every one should be appothic of one another dost thaT MEAN THAT THAT FROM OF AGRESSTION SHOULD BE ILLGLE NO IS IT IMORAL YES BUT MOST PEOPLE SEE IT AS GOOD AGREESTION IOER ANY LAW HAs to remove emocstion from the eqition but acount for thpought prosesses

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:15am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:31am:
i belive people careing abought u is agresstion
I don't care about you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › who do u blame the person tat started the fight or the person that-
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy