Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Swim Suit Contest Banned. (Read 731 times)
Dong
Ex Member

Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Jun 10th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/429237-miss-america-swimsuit-contest/

Is this a good choice? Should libertarians support a woman's right to not be seen as a sex object?

If there are any real libertarians on this forum, what is a libertarian supposed to think?

What is fascist extreme righty supposed to think?

What is a leftist supposed to think?

What does ahhell think?

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Is this a good choice? Should libertarians support a woman's right to not be seen as a sex object?

It's a BAD choice. 

The libertarian position is that Swim Suit Contests should be allowed.

If a (potential) contestant is concerned about being seen as a "sex object", then she should not enter the contest...    

Simple.    Why must everything be so complicated with you moonbats?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Its up to the people that run the miss america contest, and they are the folks that decided to nix the swimsuit competition. 

That's probably for the good, it was a bit anachronistic anyway. 

The miss america contest is basically irrelevant so who cares.  If you're old enough to remember it was a pretty big deal into the 80s but who's watched it the last 20 years?  This is for the good.  The less prominent it is the fewer of those weird toddler pageants there'll be.

Libertarians should support the rights of women to not be seen as sex objects or to be seen as sex objects as they choose for themselves.  All, its best that they not be seen as sex objects in most work places.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If a (potential) contestant is concerned about being seen as a "sex object", then she should not enter the contest...    

Exactly.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Its up to the people that run the miss america contest, and they are the folks that decided to nix the swimsuit competition. 

That's probably for the good, it was a bit anachronistic anyway. 

The miss america contest is basically irrelevant so who cares.  If you're old enough to remember it was a pretty big deal into the 80s but who's watched it the last 20 years?  This is for the good.  The less prominent it is the fewer of those weird toddler pageants there'll be.

Libertarians should support the rights of women to not be seen as sex objects or to be seen as sex objects as they choose for themselves.  All, its best that they not be seen as sex objects in most work places.

Well said.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 8:56am:

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but what about the sexualising influence of the free market on female value?

Some females will choose to be sex objects. Breast implants, liposuction, bulimia, $100 worth of makeup per day... for a job as a secretary that can be objectively done as well by a female without any of those things.

However, the free market has proven that it bends females toward this sort of waste. Females are required to at least wear makeup in most jobs, because the people hiring them use their male (or female!) monkey brains to assess value.

So the female who uses makeup will get the job. The female who gets the breast implants, throws up everything she eats, and gets all the cosmetic surgery possible will get the job over that last one.

Arguably, one female who chooses to milk the "sex object" gravy train makes it a requirement for all the others to do the same.

Hell, I worked a research job where they kept sending me assistants who knew absolutely nothing and just wore a lot of makeup. I got this job by way of a college, which had plenty of ugly girls who knew their stuff and could never get a job in research.

I had to tell my boss I didn't want any help, because competency wasn't an option. I just did the jobs of two people.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:18am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 11:13pm:
I got this job by way of a college, which had plenty of ugly girls who knew their stuff and could never get a job in research.

I had to tell my boss I didn't want any help, because competency wasn't an option. I just did the jobs of two people.

Some ugly girls have learned how to suck the chrome off a trailer-hitch.

Sometimes Darwinism takes a side-path!   Cool   

Grin

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/429237-miss-america-swimsuit-contest/

If there are any real libertarians on this forum, what is a libertarian supposed to think?

What is fascist extreme righty supposed to think?

What is a leftist supposed to think?

What does ahhell think?

there are men how are seen as sex  object there are men how are raped there are men how are vitems of domestic volince we are not in a post sexest sosidty untll men who experince the same thing as woman are given the same lv of help the wony i am ytu yo make is that woman feal entialed for help that if that had a pinus thay would not get the help thay need there are real things to care abought in gender equlty then  sexualizetion of femailes

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Women will always be judged more for their looks while men are more judged for their wealth and status.  Goes back to our cave dwelling ancestors.  Unfortunately, people become overly preoccupied by these things.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:31am
Print Post  
thermf5, please learn to spell and write better.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy