Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Swim Suit Contest Banned. (Read 807 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Reply #10 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:56am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 8:31am:
thermf5, please learn to spell and write better.

care manuulative person or what a call a c u n t i will do what i will lungual conform is a type of mential slavery u need to learn take it or leve it give up or acprct people dont chjange thay just lie and put on a mask

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 11:13pm:
I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but what about the sexualising influence of the free market on female value?

Some females will choose to be sex objects. Breast implants, liposuction, bulimia, $100 worth of makeup per day... for a job as a secretary that can be objectively done as well by a female without any of those things.

However, the free market has proven that it bends females toward this sort of waste. Females are required to at least wear makeup in most jobs, because the people hiring them use their male (or female!) monkey brains to assess value.

So the female who uses makeup will get the job. The female who gets the breast implants, throws up everything she eats, and gets all the cosmetic surgery possible will get the job over that last one.

Arguably, one female who chooses to milk the "sex object" gravy train makes it a requirement for all the others to do the same.

Hell, I worked a research job where they kept sending me assistants who knew absolutely nothing and just wore a lot of makeup. I got this job by way of a college, which had plenty of ugly girls who knew their stuff and could never get a job in research.

I had to tell my boss I didn't want any help, because competency wasn't an option. I just did the jobs of two people.

The evidence is to the contrary.  Women who flirt attempt to use sexual appeal to advance at work(in most professional settings) are generally looked down on by both male and female peers.

@Ruby, women have not always been judged on there looks so there is no reason to the think they always will be, entirely anyway.  Often in the past women were also judged by there family connections and wealth as well.  Men are also judged on there appearance. People generally assume better looking and taller men are more competent.  Its basic animal instinct that we have not yet over come.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 9:02am:
  Men are also judged on there appearance. People generally assume better looking and taller men are more competent.  Its basic animal instinct that we have not yet over come. 

There definitely is some truth to this.

For some odd reason I tend to trust tall men more than I trust short men.  (???)

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I don't know of any period in history where women weren't more valued for their attractiveness than men were.  Yes, attractive/tall men do have an advantage.  And now they're getting botox injections in order to help their careers (and love life).  There is such a thing as ageism which effects both genders.  Overall, women spend more time and money on their appearance.  I guarantee you that more women than men get called, "ugly."

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
care manuulative person or what a call a c u n t i will do what i will lungual conform is a type of mential slavery u need to learn take it or leve it give up or acprct people dont chjange thay just lie and put on a mask

What?

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
[quote author=0B2C3B20112029382D3038590 link=1528647495/13#13 date=1528823040]I don't know of any period in history where women weren't more valued for their attractiveness than men were.  Yes, attractive/tall men do have an advantage.  And now they're getting botox injections in order to help their careers (and love life).  There is such a thing as ageism which effects both genders.  Overall, women spend more time and money on their appearance.  I guarantee you that more women than men get called, "ugly."[/quote]

Look at Roman history, marriages were often political and often about combining resources.  Historically, poor folks didn't have the luxury of chasing the hot chick, they went for hard workers and doweries.  Historically, most folks were poor.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Look at Roman history, marriages were often political and often about combining resources.  Historically, poor folks didn't have the luxury of chasing the hot chick, they went for hard workers and doweries.  Historically, most folks were poor.

The men still wanted the women whose faces fit comfortably within the golden ratio and whose waist-to-hip ratio was about 0.7.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 2:15pm:

The men still wanted the women whose faces fit comfortably within the golden ratio and whose waist-to-hip ratio was about 0.7.
And women still wanted Adonis with broad shoulders who stood above the crowd. They rarely had the power to choose for themselves though.  Same with men for that matter.  At least in Rome. 

In modern times look no further than the Jersey Shore or the Bachelor for evidence. Not to mention that JFK owed some of is votes to looking good on TV. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-much-is-being-attractive-worth...

Quote:
A handsome man is poised to make 13 percent more during his career than a “looks-challenged” peer....

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
ahhell, which was more popular, Playboy magazine or Playgirl magazine?  And where were all the male beauty pageants?  Men value beauty in a mate more than women do.  Women value a man's ability to provide above what he looks like.  Look at all the ugly rich dudes married to gorgeous women.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:18am
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 7:27pm:
ahhell, which was more popular, Playboy magazine or Playgirl magazine?  And where were all the male beauty pageants?  Men value beauty in a mate more than women do.  Women value a man's ability to provide above what he looks like.  Look at all the ugly rich dudes married to gorgeous women.

My point is that, that has not always been the case, there were times when women were more valued for their family connections and resources than for their appearance.  What is the case now has not always been the case nor will it always remain the case. 

Sure when it comes to sex men look to the visual more than women.  Sex isn't everything.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Swim Suit Contest Banned.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy