Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Visable Hand
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Visable Hand (Read 340 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Visable Hand
Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:31pm:
Trump's effort should have been more directed at improving US products so they could compete. He chose a different approach.
Trump has taken some baby steps to deregulate. That's helpful.

The U.S. government has no legitimate role in helping businesses other than to treat them all the same under the laws and provide stable money and uniform weights and measures. And providing temporarily enforceable patents and copyrights.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:39pm:
Trump has taken some baby steps to deregulate. That's helpful.

Deregulation has nothing to do with the issue, other than perhaps allowing the US to produce ever more inferior products by paying lower wages to Americans.

Quote:
The U.S. government has no legitimate role in helping businesses other than to treat them all the same under the laws and provide stable money and uniform weights and measures. And providing temporarily enforceable patents and copyrights.

Not the only legitimate role of government but basically true on what government should be doing. Pretty much the opposite of what Trump has decided to  do. Getting back to the topic.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Deregulation has nothing to do with the issue...
You think the regulation of space exploration has nothing to do with all that money being appropriated for a space telescope that is likely to be abandoned, whether before or after it is deployed, if it can be...

Can anyone account for where all the money went?

No.

Nobody even knows how much money they spent looking for missing screws, or why they didn't just buy what they needed to replace the one's they lost?

Edit: Wait, it came to me, they re-invented the screw because the taxpayers were eager to have  a new screw developed at great cost to them. Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Getting back to the topic.
Right.

The trend is clear. This forum in general thinks that taxation is theft.

If even one person objects to a tax, it becomes coercion and a violation of the NAP.

Further, it is a majority opinion here, I think, that no legitimate government can ever exist, because, once again, if even one person does not consent to be governed by it, it becomes an instrument of coercion and a violation of the NAP.

The reason for all this babble is to convince people that libertarians are the sort of foolish obstinate children that think anarchy is a good idea because they have always been kept safe by their mothers.

Dork, do you know what pure communists do to useful idiots like you as soon as you are no longer useful?

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:44pm:
Right.

I think you're right. This is a pretty solid pseudo-libertarian principle.

Quote:
If even one person objects to a tax, it becomes coercion and a violation of the NAP.

On this forum or elsewhere. On this forum you're right. On the whole you are probably wrong. Libertarians aren't quite that ignorant yet. I hope I can save the party before they are!

Quote:
Further, it is a majority opinion here, I think, that no legitimate government can ever exist, because, once again, if even one person does not consent to be governed by it, it becomes an instrument of coercion and a violation of the NAP.

And that is very extremist and obviously wrong. We agree on that at least. It takes only one batshit crazed numbskull like the Chief to pervert a good idea.

Quote:
The reason for all this babble is to convince people that libertarians are the sort of foolish obstinate children that think anarchy is a good idea because they have always been kept safe by their mothers.

Agreed on most but not all. Me and you don't fit that description boss.

Quote:
Dork, do you know what pure communists do to useful idiots like you as soon as you are no longer useful?

Send me to Siberia?

If you don't know then ask the commie that's hiding under your bed.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:30am
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 7:13pm:
I think you're right. This is a pretty solid pseudo-libertarian principle.

On this forum or elsewhere. On this forum you're right. On the whole you are probably wrong. Libertarians aren't quite that ignorant yet. I hope I can save the party before they are!

And that is very extremist and obviously wrong. We agree on that at least. It takes only one batshit crazed numbskull like the Chief to pervert a good idea.

Agreed on most but not all. Me and you don't fit that description boss.

I was speaking only of the generally expressed beliefs of contributors to this forum.

Libertarians in general aren't anarchists.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:31am
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 7:13pm:
Send me to Siberia?
That would imply that they thought you would be of some value doing hard labor, which seems unlikely to me. I expect they will just give you the traditional bullet in the back of the head.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:31am:
That would imply that they thought you would be of some value doing hard labor, which seems unlikely to me. I expect they will just give you the traditional bullet in the back of the head.

The more likely threat these days is in being sent to Guantanamo. But the chances of a Muslim citizen of a ME country getting there instead of the bullet is slim.

Even with the secrecy and the 'embedding' of the media, the reports of murders continues to leak out.

Is this too something that pseudo-libertarians have come to support under the Trump regime?

Craig Sickler, you're becoming a hard boss for a dink to put up with.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
The more likely threat these days is in being sent to Guantanamo. But the chances of a Muslim citizen of a ME country getting there instead of the bullet is slim.
In China or Russia, your chances of being sent to some illegal U.S. detention facility are about zero, but your chance of being shot is pretty good if you oppose the government.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 4:44pm:
Right.

The babble you are talking about is coming from the libertarians themselves. How can you be seeming to blame others? Oh I know, you've gone off again!

Quote:

Come on boss, we've already done that today. I guess it's time to turn you back over to the new guy. I'm anxious to read the discussion when you're in your 'gone off' mood.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Visable Hand
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy