Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Communist Booted Out Of Military
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Communist Booted Out Of Military (Read 478 times)
SicklersDink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Communist Booted Out Of Military
Reply #50 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:05am:
Vote

Married women can now own and manage property in their name, sign contracts, own patents, have control over their own earnings, and have a trade licence.  They're free to not be raped by their husbands.

Women were denied much of the economic freedom that we enjoy today.  Though it may not have been against the law for women to get higher education and enter career fields dominated by men, society made it almost impossible for them to do so.

I'm on your side Ruby. Of course women have much more freedom of all kinds now.

But being what I am, I'm very prejudiced toward women in general. And I refuse to be shoved where my master tries to shove me on subjects such as this one.

Master and I have a sort of love/hate relationship when it comes to female issues.  Embarrassed

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:05am:
Vote

Married women can now own and manage property in their name, sign contracts, own patents, have control over their own earnings, and have a trade licence.  They're free to not be raped by their husbands.

Women were denied much of the economic freedom that we enjoy today.  Though it may not have been against the law for women to get higher education and enter career fields dominated by men, society made it almost impossible for them to do so.
So your idea is that letting women vote changed society? Or that women voted in representatives who changed society by law?

That's a pretty standard "progressive" idea Ruby, that a government can change society, change people's minds about the role of women (or of men for that matter).

What really happened is that society changed, and that resulted in women becoming more "free", but it wasn't the voting that did it, and as you say, women were not being made un-free by law prior to being allowed to vote.

And after we had universal suffrage, government kept growing and we kept becoming less free, even if by nothing but paying more taxes, but there was much more to it than that.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
So your idea is that letting women vote changed society? Or that women voted in representatives who changed society by law?

That's pretty well what happened boss. And it's still evolving to a more gentle society than was your (our) preference for a male dominated society in which war and aggression is praised.

But sadly, the male dominated society still is able to control women because of the very nature of women. Males have even been able to coerce abnormal traits in females such as Albright, Condo Rice, Clinton, and others, which results in women forsaking their very nature to follow these perverted false leaders.

Me, and others of my persusion are having to work against your will boss, because we know the only way to happiness and satisfaction is *through women.

*Not literally speaking. 'In' women would be a better way to put it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:04pm:
That's pretty well what happened boss. And it's still evolving to a more gentle society than was your (our) preference for a male dominated society in which war and aggression is praised.

But sadly, the male dominated society still is able to control women because of the very nature of women. Males have even been able to coerce abnormal traits in females such as Albright, Condo Rice, Clinton, and others, which results in women forsaking their very nature to follow these perverted false leaders.

Me, and others of my persusion are having to work against your will boss, because we know the only way to happiness and satisfaction is *through women.

*Not literally speaking. 'In' women would be a better way to put it.
This is a different thread, so I think I'm allowed to do it a few times here...

Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:05pm:
This is a different thread, so I think I'm allowed to do it a few times here...

Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
And once again, this is a different post.

Cheesy

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff, allowing women to enjoy their natural rights changed society for the better.  How was it better?  Because women could enjoy their natural rights.  Living in a male dominated society was oppressive to women.  A society that oppresses half the population is not actually free.  So again, women having equal freedom was an accomplishment of libertarianism.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:53pm:
Jeff, allowing women to enjoy their natural rights changed society for the better.  How was it better?  Because women could enjoy their natural rights.  Living in a male dominated society was oppressive to women.  A society that oppresses half the population is not actually free.  So again, women having equal freedom was an accomplishment of libertarianism.

Absolutely right Ruby!

It's funny but I'm starting to agree more and more with women these days and less with my boss.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
What abnormal traits are you referring to, Don?  While women are less likely to favor war, not all men are hawks, nor women doves.  Yes, there are differences between the genders, but there is a lot of overlap.  Just because a woman gets into office and defends her country if war becomes necessary, it doesn't mean she's going against her nature.  After all, females in many different species, including humans, can get quite vicious if you threaten their young.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:00pm:
What abnormal traits are you referring to, Don?  While women are less likely to favor war, not all men are hawks, nor women doves.  Yes, there are differences between the genders, but there is a lot of overlap.  Just because a woman gets into office and defends her country if war becomes necessary, it doesn't mean she's going against her nature.  After all, females in many different species, including humans, can get quite vicious if you threaten their young. 

I mostly agree with you Ruby and I've actually stated that by pointing out the abnormalities of Albright, Clinton, Rice, etc. It's not an exclusive trait of women to be doves but I think it's worth arguing that women are far, far more likely to be doves by nature than men.

That's a trait in women that I greatly admire, while at the same time admiring strong and super intelligent women such as Angela Merkel, for example.

I'm quite prepared to talk about it with you in a polite way too, but I don't want any more needless confrontation on this forum.

I think I've had a change of attitude now that I've changed my name and am being asked to act responsibly in order to make uo for the shortcomings of my boss.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
I mostly agree with you Ruby and I've actually stated that by pointing out the abnormalities of Albright, Clinton, Rice, etc. It's not an exclusive trait of women to be doves but I think it's worth arguing that women are far, far more likely to be doves by nature than men.

That's a trait in women that I greatly admire, while at the same time admiring strong and super intelligent women such as Angela Merkel, for example.

I'm quite prepared to talk about it with you in a polite way too, but I don't want any more needless confrontation on this forum.

I think I've had a change of attitude now that I've changed my name and am being asked to act responsibly in order to make uo for the shortcomings of my boss.
Dork.

Why would any libertarian like Angela Merkel?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Communist Booted Out Of Military
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy