Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › So what should be done about the border?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) So what should be done about the border? (Read 517 times)
RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: So what should be done about the border?
Reply #80 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
People are seeing the problem with Muslim immigration, Jeff.  Others want to ignore it.  It's not all Muslims who are the problem, but the Islamofascists.  They don't integrate like other cultures that settle in the West.  In other words, they don't melt into the melting pot.  They create a society within a society and they see themselves and their ideology as superior to Westerners and Western values.  Letting them continue to pour in and grow in population is like your country having cancer.  Not good for liberty in the long run.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 6:54pm:
People are seeing the problem with Muslim immigration, Jeff.  Others want to ignore it.  It's not all Muslims who are the problem, but the Islamofascists.  They don't integrate like other cultures that settle in the West.  In other words, they don't melt into the melting pot.  They create a society within a society and they see themselves and their ideology as superior to Westerners and Western values.  Letting them continue to pour in and grow in population is like your country having cancer.  Not good for liberty in the long run.
Hmm.

People being largely tribal, unassimilated groups of others usually cause, or are the cause of, problems no matter where they are.

Have I mentioned that providing them with "welfare" so they don't have to work makes assimilation more difficult? As does not requiring their children to learn English.

Anyway, I was just speculating that all these open borders are leading these people to America as if they had first class tickets.

Trump has lots of them headed for Canada, but I think Canada is going to build a wall and make the U.S. pay for it. Grin

Europe is probably going to war, but almost every failed government in the world (which is most of them) seem to be looking for war too.

BTW, that's how Italians acted and felt when they came to America. The Chinese too. They thought Americans were uncultured barbarians.

They got over it, but that was a different America, not so "progressive" and "democratic".

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Yes, there was a lot more bigotry in America back in the day.  Irish Catholics hated Jews.  Asians were also the target of hate.  Italians as well.  It took a while for that melting pot to get boiling.  No, welfare doesn't help the situation with Islamists, but they tend to believe the way they do because of their religion.  Religion is very powerful, it imprisons the mind.

So are you saying we should bus our illegal immigrants to Canada?  Okay.
Grin

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:18pm:
Yes, there was a lot more bigotry in America back in the day.  Irish Catholics hated Jews.  Asians were also the target of hate.  Italians as well.  It took a while for that melting pot to get boiling.  No, welfare doesn't help the situation with Islamists, but they tend to believe the way they do because of their religion.  Religion is very powerful, it imprisons the mind.

So are you saying we should bus our illegal immigrants to Canada?  Okay.
Grin

Send Muslims only please. We will give them comfort and a safe harbour from which they can make plans.

It's our obligation as long as Trump is allowed to demonstrate his racist hate for people of a different faith.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 7:36pm:
Send Muslims only please. We will give them comfort and a safe harbour from which they can make plans.

It's our obligation as long as Trump is allowed to demonstrate his racist hate for people of a different faith.

This, by the way, is why I say Don is one of the more libertarian members on the site: He recognises that what he proposes is not aggression.

He wants to destroy America, so he'll gladly accept hordes of people who will actually do so. It's not aggression on his part. You can help whoever you want, so long as you don't aggress yourself.

Does he know it's likely that aggression will result? Of course he does. He remains blameless under the NAP. The people he's accepting have free will and some won't hurt others. He's not coercing them to do anything, he's just reaping the benefit of the fact that they will.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Send Muslims only please.

You can take more than just Muslims.

Quote:

It isn't racism that motivates Trump to enforce our immigration laws.  He knows we need more makers and less takers.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This, by the way, is why I say Don is one of the more libertarian members on the site: He recognises that what he proposes is not aggression.

Ding isn't a libertarian.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm:
[Dink] wants to destroy America, so he'll gladly accept hordes of people who will actually do so. It's not aggression on his part.

No, it's not aggression.  As long as the hordes of people bought Guest Visas.   

But they would have been screened during the vetting process, and the destruction of America would have been averted.

This is a great argument in favor of my Guest Visa plan.   Smiley   Smiley

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Jul 1st, 2018 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 9:04pm:

He wants to destroy America, so he'll gladly accept hordes of people who will actually do so. It's not aggression on his part. You can help whoever you want, so long as you don't aggress yourself.

Does he know it's likely that aggression will result? Of course he does. He remains blameless under the NAP. The people he's accepting have free will and some won't hurt others. He's not coercing them to do anything, he's just reaping the benefit of the fact that they will.

So now Oppo, you're saying that adhering to real libertarian principles will destroy the US!

I always knew you would say something good, given enough time!

Too bad you had to tell a lie with it and say that it will destroy the US. The Chief, beinig a complete phony, will agree with your lie.

And you haven't answered my challenge yet to show that Tom is more libertarian than me.

Fwiw, Tom and I are real libertarians. Tom is now because I've taught him well.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 4:35am
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 1st, 2018 at 11:38pm:
Tom and I are real libertarians.

Tom is the only libertarian on the site. You believe in redistribution and the way you advocate it, it's aggression. Tom does not believe in redistribution.

This is kind of a big deal.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › So what should be done about the border?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy