Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › WH Press Sect'y Sarah Sanders Got Booted From Restaurant
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) WH Press Sect'y Sarah Sanders Got Booted From Restaurant (Read 867 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: WH Press Sect'y Sarah Sanders Got Booted From Restaurant
Reply #60 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:33am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 11:11pm:
I have told you, many times, that I respect the rights of others. That's not good enough for you.

No, you have to convince me you actually believe that natural rights exist and that every human is born with them.

Every time you rant about libertarians "assigning rights" and "creating rights", I am forced to believe that you don't actually understand rights, which leaves me no way to know what "rights" you respect.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's the standard definition of human, someone who respects the rights of others.

Really, that's the standard definition of human?  I'm pretty sure it's not.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:33am:
No, you have to convince me you actually believe that natural rights exist and that every human is born with them.

I'm not going to meld with you. This is the last time I'll tell you that. Stop asking.

I'm only half-joking because I can't possibly convince you I believe anything without that kind of measure. Sorry Charlie, if I have to offer up a mind meld to prove I'm not a commie, I guess I lose in this inquisition.

I don't get rights. Because you backpedal again and now insist that the burden of proof rests on me to prove I believe the right things for the right reasons.

I will continue to respect rights, but I won't get them in return, because my sentience and ability to reason are not enough for you.

How am I supposed to convince you I believe a contradiction anyway? Every "human" is born with rights, but I have to convince you I believe certain things to get rights? I obviously wasn't born with them, then.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Every time you rant about libertarians "assigning rights" and "creating rights",

See this? This is you doing that right in front of my face, asshole. You are literally creating and assigning rights.

↓↓↓↓↓↓

Every baby born gets rights except me. I have to convince Jeff I believe the right things, one of which includes that everyone is born with rights.

When you just admitted I wasn't born with rights.

Lol @ the rights Nazi.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
I'm not going to meld with you. This is the last time I'll tell you that. Stop asking.

I'm only half-joking because I can't possibly convince you I believe anything without that kind of measure. Sorry Charlie, if I have to offer up a mind meld to prove I'm not a commie, I guess I lose in this inquisition.

I don't get rights. Because you backpedal again and now insist that the burden of proof rests on me to prove I believe the right things for the right reasons.

I will continue to respect rights, but I won't get them in return, because my sentience and ability to reason are not enough for you.

How am I supposed to convince you I believe a contradiction anyway? Every "human" is born with rights, but I have to convince you I believe certain things to get rights? I obviously wasn't born with them, then.
It's not up to me that humans are born with rights, or that people who don't respect the rights of others can lose their rights under our laws, but if you aren't human, then you weren't born with human rights, and if you don't believe rights exist, you are likely to violate the rights of others.

If you insist you are not human, you don't possess human rights. It's that simple.

Of course if you look and act human, it will be presumed that you are human and most people will respect your rights.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Every baby born gets rights except me.
Every human baby.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #66 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #67 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
O.k. chief, so now you're supposed to say that you're not an unconditional Trump supporter.

Oh, and you're supposed to pretend that it's not your racism that causes you to hate Obama so much.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:37pm:
Every human baby.

You redefined human as respects the rights of others, and I do.

SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:03pm:
In life, there's givers and takers.

Definitely. And unfortunately, most libertarians (like Jeff) are takers. They take rights for themselves, and don't give any to anyone else.

If they dislike someone, they'll find some way to define them out of having rights.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
You redefined human as respects the rights of others, and I do.

Definitely. And unfortunately, most libertarians (like Jeff) are takers. They take rights for themselves, and don't give any to anyone else.

If they dislike someone, they'll find some way to define them out of having rights.

For kriste sake Oppo, give my boss a break. It's libertarians who are takers and you know that and you've said that.

My boss is much less a libertarian than most of the others on this forum.

You're the biggest proponent of libertarianism there is on this forum while you're also the biggest opponent at the same time.

That's a lot to do with the reason why my boss calls you a lizard. I'm beginning to think he's right about that and right about you having a lizard brain.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › WH Press Sect'y Sarah Sanders Got Booted From Restaurant
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy