Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down (Read 943 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Reply #60 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 2:40pm:

The day when women have no right to abortions is definitely coming closer Chief. As a libertarian, I think that's not a good thing.

But as a Canadian, I think it's a very good thing. We Canadians can watch the progress and learn from it.

And besides the law forbidding women's rights to choose, there is another benefit in this new pick. He's completely against any criminal laws being applicable to a sitting president.

And again Canada can watch how that works out for America. It's like the countries that allied together prior to WW2, watching how it worked out for Hitler.

Adolph certainly was freed up to deal with other more important matters and not have to worry about criminal charges against him! The final solution for the Muslims Jews needed the furor's undivided attention.

Are libertarians in favour of Trump being immune from all forms of prosecution?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are libertarians in favour of Trump being immune from all forms of prosecution?

I can't speak for any other libertarians, but I'm NOT in favor of Trump being immune from investigation/prosecution.

If Trump has committed crimes he should answer for them. 

Kavanaugh disagrees.  Kavanaugh's believes that no sitting president should ever be indicted or distracted by investigations while in office.

I don't think that will be a factor, but Democrats will certainly ask him about his position on this during confirmation hearings.  They will use it to discredit Kavanaugh.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #63 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
I can't speak for any other libertarians, but I'm NOT in favor of Trump being immune from investigation/prosecution.

Kavanaugh disagrees.  Kavanaugh's believes that no sitting president should ever be indicted or distracted by investigations while in office.

I don't think that will be a factor, but he will certainly be asked about his position during confirmation hearings.

Thank you for pulling in your horns on Trump. You were starting to get just a little bit too cocky and too far from libertarian principles. To your credit, you straighten out quickly most of the time when I have to warn you.

Anyway, your idea or mine. you've back on track. I'm willling to forget it and let it go.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The day when women have no right to abortions...
Is that a natural right?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:14pm:

The way that is supposed to work is that probable cause to believe someone has committed a crime leads to an investigation to see if there is reasonable cause to believe that the evidence shows that person has committed the alleged crime.

That's not what's going on with Trump.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
The way that is supposed to work is that probable cause to believe someone has committed a crime leads to an investigation to see if there is reasonable cause to believe that the evidence shows that person has committed the alleged crime.

boss i'm not ignoring you but I've found it's better to give you your own head whan you've 'gone off'.

We'll talk about your idea tomorrow maybe. I think your idea may be a good idea. Things are supposed to work when you've committed a crime to investigate, etc.

Have you read my reason on why I had to attach myself to you? You should read it and you'll understand.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not interested in your strange fixation on penises, or your even stranger notion that you are one...

I just have to warn you, I don't think penises have rights! Smiley

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:02pm:
I'm not interested in your strange fixation on penises, or your even stranger notion that you are one...

I just have to warn you, I don't think penises have rights! Smiley

You're stuck with me boss. You can't amputate me obviously but there's a way you can get rid of me. I'm afraid that for you it would be more painful then the knife.

I think we should talk about it soon boss! There won't be any need to talk about anybody's thingy. It will be mostly about learning good manners.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:40pm:

I'll answer myself, since I know you like that Dong-

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/byron-york-mueller-reveals...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy