Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down (Read 1145 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Reply #70 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 9:41am:
Since this is a SCOTUS thread, there were a couple of very important decisions very recently-

http://reason.com/blog/2018/06/27/same-rules-apply-to-professional-speech?utm_me...

http://reason.com/blog/2018/06/27/breaking-supreme-court-janus-ruling?utm_medium...

Both bode well for the cause of liberty I think.
"Public" unions are trying for a workaround-

http://reason.com/blog/2018/07/10/post-janus-public-sector-unions-want-tax?utm_m...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
The Supreme Court Is Much Too Powerful

The current frenzy over the vacancy on the Supreme Court in the wake of Justice Kennedy's retirement highlights just how much power has been centralized in the hands of a small number of people in Washington, DC.

The left has grown positively hysterical over the thought of yet another Trump-appointed judge being installed, who could potentially serve on the court for decades. Right-wingers who claim the left is overreacting, however, are unconvincing. One can only imagine the right's reaction were Hillary Clinton president. She would have already had the opportunity to appoint Scalia's replacement, and we might now be talking about her nominee to replace Justice Ginsberg.

The right-wing media would be filled with article after article about how the new court would be a disaster for health-care freedom, private gun ownership, and, of course, the unborn.....

rest of article at:  https://mises.org/wire/supreme-court-much-too-powerful

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
The Supreme Court Is Much Too Powerful

The current frenzy over the vacancy on the Supreme Court in the wake of Justice Kennedy's retirement highlights just how much power has been centralized in the hands of a small number of people in Washington, DC.

The left has grown positively hysterical over the thought of yet another Trump-appointed judge being installed, who could potentially serve on the court for decades. Right-wingers who claim the left is overreacting, however, are unconvincing. One can only imagine the right's reaction were Hillary Clinton president. She would have already had the opportunity to appoint Scalia's replacement, and we might now be talking about her nominee to replace Justice Ginsberg.

The right-wing media would be filled with article after article about how the new court would be a disaster for health-care freedom, private gun ownership, and, of course, the unborn.....

rest of article at:  https://mises.org/wire/supreme-court-much-too-powerful
The Supreme Court was granted a lot of power to make sure the other two branches of our divided national government (with strictly limited powers) didn't usurp power and try to tyrannize us.

Since the FDR regime, Congress has been tyrannizing us in all sorts of ways that should be talked about.

The discussion starts with usurped powers.

Hey, it is a libertarian forum, and none of the ideas expressed here are my original ideas. Kiss

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  

Grin    Grin    Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Can I get an introduction to Lucy? I'd be happy to meet her for dinner with you and Mrs. Sky, or in any other venue you would prefer.

Unless she's hoping to be in movies or something like that.

Is she majoring in communication? That would be a plus for me...

Let me know, thanks.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:59pm:
Can I get an introduction to Lucy? I'd be happy to meet her for dinner with you and Mrs. Sky, or in any other venue you would prefer.

Unless she's hoping to be in movies or something like that.

Is she majoring in communication? That would be a plus for me...

Let me know, thanks.

I doubt Lucy is her real name, Jeff.     She looks more like a Allison or Ashley to me...

And don't let the glasses fool you  -  they're just props.   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:33pm:
I doubt Lucy is her real name, Jeff.     She looks more like a Allison or Ashley to me...

And don't let the glasses fool you  -  they're just props.   Smiley
I have no problem with props and would like to learn her real name...

I was hoping you and Mrs. Chief knew her.

Oh well.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:49pm:
I have no problem with props and would like to learn her real name...

I was hoping you and Mrs. Chief knew her.

Oh well.

This isn't the first time the chief's misunderstood who the joke was aimed at boss Sickler.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #78 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This isn't the first time the chief's misunderstood who the joke was aimed at boss Sickler.
You're clueless about everything Dong.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 16th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
You're clueless about everything Dong.

The thing is boss, the chief is showing signs that he's learned something from me (us). He says:

Quote:
The left has grown positively hysterical over the thought of yet another Trump-appointed judge being installed, who could potentially serve on the court for decades. Right-wingers who claim the left is overreacting, however, are unconvincing.

He's simpleminded enough to say what I'm (we're) saying. The left is indeed hysterical over the thought! And the chief himself understands the Scotus has become too powerful. And then note that he also says that the claims of the right are incorrect. He uses the term, 'unconvincing'.

So the chief said nothing really that would support the right's politics. He's just supported the left's hysteria in saying they have good reason to be!

The chief is coming to the realization that social responsibility is in tune with real libertarianism. He's just not smart enough to put the words together yet.

'socially responsible libertarianism'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › SCOTUS Justice Anthony Kennedy Steps Down
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy